TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not Renegade. The banner seems to show the train begining on the first drop, and banks to the left. Renegade's drop first banks to the right then left, but it banks to the left near the bottom of the first drop, so no matter how far or at what angle you take it, it'd be impossible to get the shot on the banner from Renegade without getting more wood within the picture.

renegade12.jpg.a6b8a39414675f950a753b462150ecd9.jpg

Note that the rail on the lead train of Renegade is black, not red.

terminator_030109_50.jpg.511265c045862cf2ce5d97c66611b651.jpg

It doesn't appear that anything major has happened this week. When I was up in the tower a few minutes ago there were a lot of workers on site. Around ten of them were under the crane. It appeared that they were getting ready to lift a rather big piece of the lift hill.

wrs28330 did a great SFMM update here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=711403#711403

Here are a few of the Terminator photos from that update -

The "signature shot"

The turn around at the top of the lift is complete.

Not much change here, as they still need room for equipment.

Work on the entrance bridge continues.

Yup

The popsicle sticks slowly decrease in numbers.

A few more shots from Cyclone Bay.

Hello sexy blue wall!

Say "hello" to your new brother!

Time is ticking closer to West Coast Bash! I will see you there!

Note - if you haven't registered for West Coast Bash yet, do it here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=9

I posted a short video of the site from the Sky Tower to see how the video looks. I'm just trying out my new Vado Mini HD Camcorder so this is about exciting as watching paint dry. It does give a decent perspective of the site. I think it looks better in HD. I didn't use the crappy Zoom feature since that nullifies the HD. From this distance it really loses detail but what do you expect for less than $100?

I have never been on a GCI, but have always wanted to, and will get my chance very shortly. A question for anyone who has ridden a GCI, does the "dead mans turn" element hurt? The ending of that element looks totally brutal, but, besides Gwazi (which I'm sure would be better with MFs) are there any really rough GCI's. Anyway, I have pretty high hopes for this ride.

No, The Deadman's Turn doesn't hurt. It's smooth, just like most GCI's. Rough GCI's? There are some out there. Besides Gwazi, I hear Wildcat is rough, Roar (SFA) is, pretty much GCI's that got ruined by the PTC trains.

As I've said, I've heard that ROAR! at SFDK (Vallejo, CA) is still a good ride. But it's the first to have had the Millennium Flyer trains on it, so chances are, that's what's kept it good.

I'm finally beginning to be able to trace the layout of Terminator. Looks like it's going to be great!

Eric

^Roar at SFDK is an ok ride, but I wouldn't call it great or even good. While it isn't "kick your ass" rough, I definitely wouldn't describe it as smooth either. With that said, I have heard that it was much better when it opened. I am sure some of the roughness comes from maintenance issues.

No, The Deadman's Turn doesn't hurt. It's smooth, just like most GCI's. Rough GCI's? There are some out there. Besides Gwazi, I hear Wildcat is rough, Roar (SFA) is, pretty much GCI's that got ruined by the PTC trains.

Yeah, I forgot about Roar, and did not mention Wildcat due to the addition of MF trains, I heard it is much better now.