TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure if the lift went up already or not, but if not, it will definitely be up soon! I think the video on SFMM's site shows the lift going up behind Deja Vu, so if you look back a little bit, you may be able to see it.

EDIT: Here's a picture from Robb's update. The lift hasn't gone up yet, but it is almost there.

1639584060_TerminatorOverview.jpg.daaf445a037cd0c29f1127b2de517b5c.jpg

The overview from the Sky Tower.

^They've pretty much always been that way with updating construction pages. You'll always get much more up-to-date pictures and info here.

So true, but sfmm can get better angles since they take pictures from on the site, I'm not sure if Robb does or not, oh well the weekly updates here are great

This looks like it just might end up being the best of the wooden coasters in Southern California.....I still enjoy GhostRider in the front row, but even there it has become a very rough ride.

I have not been on a GCI coaster, so I am really looking forward to trying this one out. From what I understand, GCI coasters are the wooden equivalent of B&M Steel coasters-smooth, reliable and although they might not always offer the most intense of forces, they provide a fun, crowd pleasing ride.....in any case this is a great and very smart addition to SFMM (despite the fact that I don't think the theming makes a lot of sense, when I hear Terminator: The Ride I think of a ride like X or Tatsu rather than a wooden coaster-I'm confident the park will make it work, though.)

I'm heading to SFMM for the day tomorrow so I look forward to finally checking it out in person. It will be the first time I have been able to go in a while as I have been constantly working weekends for the past few months.

I think it's safe to say that Terminator is already the best woodie in SoCal, and it's not even open yet.

I mean, you've got Colossus (which used to be awesome) and Ghostrider (which used to be awesome) and both now suck. And then you've got Giant Dipper (which admittedly I haven't ridden in awhile).

I got to wondering how Millennium Flyer trains hold up over time. What concerns me is their construction out of a lot of wood. They look great and the ones I rode on ROAR! at SFDK were fine, but how are they now?

And...does anyone know the color scheme of the trains Terminator will have? I'd guess each train will have its own color as well.

Eric

I think it's safe to say that Terminator is already the best woodie in SoCal, and it's not even open yet.

I mean, you've got Colossus (which used to be awesome) and Ghostrider (which used to be awesome) and both now suck. And then you've got Giant Dipper (which admittedly I haven't ridden in awhile).

What, is there a SoCal curse where good woodies just end up horrible? Let's home this one's immune...

March 1st Update!

Today's Terminator update begins with a shot of the first drop looking pretty much complete!

Here's the signauture overview shot thanks to Mr. Sky Tower.

You can see a lot of REALLY BIG popsicle sticks stitting out there. Lift Hill perhaps?

More popsicle sticks. The supply is certainly getting depleted. They need to send out more decepticons to collect energon in order to create more.

This area still looks about the same.

Not much has changed here.

From the fround level it looks very similar to last week.

CLOSE UP VIEW!!!

Terminator Salvation: The Ride and Deja Vu are a good mix!

Fence crack view.

Pretty!

Peep hole view #1.

Peep Hole View #2

We see you Mr. Sneaky Terminator!

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day to be at the park!

Here's an update from the rest of the park....

I'm kind of bummed the bridge got removed. It really seemed to add something to this area.

Does anyone know what used to be here? The first 5 people to email the answer to Dan win a TPR Bag-of-Crap! The first person to send a PICTURE to Dan of what used to be here gets a HUGE box of crap! EMAIL DAN: mrt0ad13@aol.com

Did I mention today was BEAUTIFUL???

Candy lady hard at work makes me happy!

Wow! Looks like the new Flash Pass center is almost ready to open!

Here you can get an idea of what rides will be available (the ride list can change day-to-day though)

Looks like a few more signs need to get placed.

Add X2 to your flash pass for just $5! You'll be given a reservation time in which to go to X2.

The pricing is very interesting. If these are the final prices, then the upgrade to Gold is a no-brainer!

You can get a sneak peek inside of the cash registers.

Pre-show room! "How to use your Q-Bot!"

The blah, blah, blah, part of the show...

Blah, blah, blah part deux!

Oh, look! They now have them electric buggies for people like Jeff Johnson.

....Or...um...Robb.

Cold Stone is now open! Yay!

Today was the 2nd day of the Magic Mountain job fair! Let's have a look around...

This guy looks awfully familiar....

Where is the line for "I just want to take pictures and steal some cotton candy?"

This is where I would FAIL!

Time for my intereview!

Sylvester is hoping they will hire him.

The test seat applied for a job in valet parking.

Security is looking to hire the members of ZZ Top.

All sexy men and women apply here!

I want her job!

The news were here to cover the job fair. Sorry guys! We beat you to it!

Don't forget! You can ride in May!

Any idea which coaster this is?

Don't forget to buy your combo pass and meet up with TPR at Hurricane Harbor this summer!

The pricing sign doesn't appear to mention the rental fee. That could be good. Or a bait-and-switch.

The other thing I wonder about is the no refunds for park hours. I hope that doesn't include days where they decide to shut down early due to lack of crowds...

Those Flash Pass prices are cheap, especially when it is $53($72 during FF) for a Gold at Great America.

Terminator is looking great, and hopefully it runs as well as EK at SFSTL, but hopefully it doesn't suck after a few years like other So. Cal coasters. The part of the ride that I'm interested in the most is how they work the special effects, and hopefully the theming is better than what is on Big Spin and EK.