TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

Funny how so many people comment on how fast Terminator is going up (and I'm guilty of it as well). But remember, the vertical sections were mostly pre-built and only had to be raised into position. Then the cross bracing is done and track is laid---and fairly quickly as well.

More and more like steel coasters, wooden coasters are designed on computers and assembled like a giant puzzle. Nowadays, it really doesn't take long to build even wooden coasters.

Eric

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, I was actually pretty mad about how slow it was going up. Just had wood stacked and layout around...woo it went vertical...but now it's like they put coaster beans in the ground and boom...there's Terminator. And now I am one of the usual people saying "Wow, it looks great. Going up extremely fast!"...ha-ha.

[takes bow] Thank you, thank you. I'm sure both of my fans appreciate it...

Of course, you know there's a B&M Beauty Supply store in our town, right? I'm not sure what to do with that...

The more I read this topic, the more I'm inclined to take a trip out to SFMM this weekend to follow the construction. The weather's been reasonably nice, so I hope there's been some progress...

Eric

I've already been out to SFMM three or four times so far, so I'm due for a visit. Maybe I can convince Diana to take a trip with me.

And maybe this time I'll bring my camera in to get some pictures of Terminator. Even if there isn't any additional structure up, I'm sure what already is up will have some of the track started. That, too, is major progress.

Eric