TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

Great looking pics, Robb, although I have to say I wouldnt know a daedman turnaround if it jumped up and bit me in the face. Having never ridden Psyclone, I dont have a reference for what everyone is saying; is it worse than the Cyclone at SFNE, which rides like the short bus on crack?

Anyway, Termie is looking great.

Scott

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I wouldnt know a daedman turnaround if it jumped up and bit me in the face." (Mozart67)

If that happened, you'd be a dead man!

After looking at the overall ride enough times, I think what I'm going to like best is how low much of it is low to the ground, the many banked curves, and some pops of air. Definitely something different for SFMM.

Eric

My only experience with both Millennium Flyers and GCII is ROAR! up at SFDK. It ran great in 1999 when it opened, and I haven't heard anything bad about it, so I assume it's still a decent ride.

I was up at SFDK last summer, it was still running quite well. GCI's seem to hold up extraordinarily well for the most part. I'm sure there's an exception somewhere, but I guarantee it's still better than Psyclone was

I want to go to magic mountain so bad.

Is it worth it?

Let me know.

Well, as someone who very much enjoys pretty much all amusement parks, I would say yes.

Is it one of the best parks out there? Personally, i would say no. But I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would disagree. As they say, "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla."

/Ask a vague question, get a general answer.

//Would very much like to see Mitch do a park poll someday.

///Knoebels? BGE? IOA?

My only experience with both Millennium Flyers and GCII is ROAR! up at SFDK. It ran great in 1999 when it opened, and I haven't heard anything bad about it, so I assume it's still a decent ride.

Eric

As of New Years eve when I last rode it, it was still as great as ever!

On a side note, Millennium Flyers really make a difference. Back on the east coast trip when I rode SFA's Roar, which uses PTC trains, the difference could really be noticed. Their Roar was terribly rough. You could feel the trains shuffling side to side along the track, and the pacing was downright bad. Ten years of PTCs on a GCI track have made the ride much worse than it should be. The same can be said for Hershey's Wildcat. Although Wildcat's PTC trains were sent to Lake Compounce to be used on Boulder Dash, the track damage could still be felt under the new Millennium Flyers.

So are the Trains on Gwazi those PTC Trains you speak of??? Gwazi was sheer fun although a little rough but that's what I thought the appeal of Wooden coasters over the Steel ones was - The rough out of control feel. However I do know there is a difference between fun, tolerable roughness over the un-necessarily rough like psyclone was and how horrible the Great American Scream Machine in Georgia is now.

If the GCI Trains make that much a difference in the tracking, then I'm gonna absolutely love Terminator because my forte is fast pacing and no use of the dreadful Mid-course Braking which often times interrupts the fun on some coasters.......

The Mountain is once again getting back to greatness it seems......

^ It would have been funny if your bag-o-crap actually had some sliced bread inside!

I was able to attend Media Day for X2, so I'm hoping to be there for Terminator. Once it opens, I expect long lines for a long time.

Eric

I got by Bag of Crap today too. Maps ranging from WDW's Magic Kingdom to Seoulland MagicLand. Interestingly, both parks have an Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and a Fantasyland (with a Tea Cups ride and a Flying Elephants ride). Thanks!