TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a thought...will Terminator be left in an unpainted, natural state, or will it get some sort of stain put on it? My guess is natural and it will simply age as time goes on.

Since I don't get out much, I don't know what sort of finish they put on woodies anymore. At one time, they were usually painted white.

Eric

To the picture of Kristin on the frog hopper I say: AWWWWWW!!!!!!

Terminator looks cool too why do they call it a Deadmans Turnaround? Did someone die during construction of one? Bad joke...if that...

The big concrete piling in the middle of the turn, which is attached to the turn by steel cables, is called a deadman. I believe this is true, anyway.

-James Dillaman

Termitenator........LOL! That's funny, but this coaster looks like it will be pretty cool.

I've always wondered why this company uses those ugly lead cars with that fence thing.... But aside from that, I'm really looking forward to ridding this coaster at the Mountain....

I've always wondered why this company uses those ugly lead cars with that fence thing.... But aside from that, I'm really looking forward to ridding this coaster at the Mountain....

The Millennium Flyer trains are by no means ugly. They're designed to have a classic look that resembles the trains from wooden coasters of the early 1900's. They are by far some of the most nostalgic woodie trains available today.

To you and maybe others they aren't ugly but I think they are, that's just my personal opinion of course. I'm fully aware of the retro classic look but when I first seen them way back when, I just thought it was for that particular park. But anyway this coaster looks fun regardless of that lead car...

I guess what I'm talking about is that fence thing on the front looks like a gate - if it didn't have that part it would look cool and open. But i like the themed cars on Gwazi... truthfully,I don't think I've seen any other lead cars except on coasters like colossus and the coaster at Belmont park in San Diego that were different from the rest of the train.

The more I see of this coaster, the more excited I become to actually ride it. It's exactly what Magic Mountain needs, not a huge thrilling coaster, but a ride that is just thrilling enough to please everyone. I'm glad that Socal is finally getting a decent woodie and that a park like SFMM is getting it.

---Brent

The only GCI coaster that I've ever ridden is Gwazi which i believe uses the common 4 seat set up cars, but I'm anxious to try these retro Millennium Flyer cars. I must say the openness of the cars look exhilarating and could easily make me overlook my minor nit-pick. I can't wait for this coaster.