TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Why is 'crowded' or 'cramped' a bad thing?

Some of the cooler looking parks are awesome due to having rides on top of rides. And some ride experiences are improved by intertwining with more rides.

Yeah I just salivate at the possibilty of an Intamin Mega-Lite in between Riddler and Batman. No matter how improbable that sounds, I refuse to believe SFMM will never try Intamin again.

Perhaps in an effort to keep conversation on the Terminator Salvation coaster, instead of whatever we want to talk about, an overview-update picture is in order. I took this photo with my phone, as I wasn't expecting to get to go up the SkyTower, as it's closed for the New Year event assembly.

A few things to note--

-The slab is FULLY poured!

-Bents are staring to be positioned for erection! (teeheehee!)

-The current work involved filling the "island" with dirt.

-The massive turn anchors were being welded and assembled (two visible in the picture).

-Hard to tell in the picture, but Dejavu is sporting part of it's new refreshed paint job.

-Not visible (sorry, my phone camera nowhere near matches my real one), but the bent anchors have been installed and in-person you can make-out the ride layout by following the footings.

I would guess that vertical construction isn't far off.

Merry Christmas!

-Jahan

IMG00383a.jpg.0453a7a652ea66ca7b78d3cbe34d822c.jpg

^Why is 'crowded' or 'cramped' a bad thing?

Some of the cooler looking parks are awesome due to having rides on top of rides. And some ride experiences are improved by intertwining with more rides.

Yeah I just salivate at the possibilty of an Intamin Mega-Lite in between Riddler and Batman. No matter how improbable that sounds, I refuse to believe SFMM will never try Intamin again.

They'll have to eventually A custom-made Mega-Lite would be a nice addition, and they've got just about every type of B&M coaster in existence, so an Intamin has got to come sooner or later.

Cant wait to see Terminator when its finished

"I refuse to believe SFMM will never try Intamin again." (Manic Monte)

Agreed. I think at some point, SFMM will get over whatever caused the rift in the first place. Intamin can do some things that could really put SFMM on the map, and I don't believe they'll pass on the opportunity. Perhaps not for a few years, but it'll come. And for all we know, the 2010 coaster is an Intamin. No one's said anything yet to my knowledge.

Eric

Forgive me for going off-topic with this, but was there some issue between Intamin and SFI after Kingda Ka/El Toro? Nothing's been made since, and I vaguely remember reading somewhere that SFI had to build 3 major Intamin installations for SFGADV.....

Throw down your wisdom.........now.

The chances of SFMM getting an Intamin coaster are about the same as the chances of Danicka Patrick and Lindsay Lohan showing up my door tomorrow night for a 3 way around the world.

The bad taste of Kingda Ka included with fairly recent accidents on SROS and Hellevator (whose fault those were are debatable, and El Toro was purchased by old corporate managemenet) but theres a reason most all of their new coasters have been GCI/Mack. Lots of bad blood between Intamin and SF right now (and after all the problems with TTD & Maverick we've seen only GCI and B&M at Cedar Fair parks).

I totally don't buy the Six Flags is mad at Intamin crap. Let's face it, there are a limited number of coaster and ride suppliers out there and a limited number of buyers. There isn't going to be some super rift forever due to whatever circumstances.

How many times did we hear that Cedar Fair would never buy another Intamin ride after Wicked Twister, then after Dragster, then after Maverick, etc.???

I think SF has made it clear with recent additions they want rides that work and dont kill people. Im not saying SF will never buy another Intamin, its impossible and meaningless to predict whats going to happen down the road but in regard to SFMM's 2010 coaster I highly doubt Intamin is in the picture.

I think SF has made it clear with recent additions they want rides that work and dont kill people. Im not saying SF will never buy another Intamin, its impossible and meaningless to predict whats going to happen down the road but in regard to SFMM's 2010 coaster I highly doubt Intamin is in the picture.

Intamins are very expensive and I think ultimately that would be the reason not to go with them at this point. Mark Shapiro has said he wants to add coasters but he not going to spend 15 or 20 million on them.

Robb has a point....I Dont know the full history of the parks' accidents and or fatalities.....but how many occured on the intamin rides they had in the past....as opposed to the B&Ms and Giovanola and International Amusement Devices, Inc. and so-on other manufacturers that have constructed coasters/rides at the park.....

^ True, but also bear in mind that the Goliath death was due to a pre-existing condition, the Scream! death was due to a stupid employee being somewhere they should not have been. The fact that multiple people have been ejected from different Intamin rides with T-Bars should be a hint to Intamin that they need to either completely redesign the T-Bar, or come up with a system to prevent the ride from dispatching if the bar is not in a safe position (and make sure all installations are modified). Also of note, no one has ever been killed on a B&M as a result of mechanical failure or restraint failure, only pre-existing conditions or going into danger zones.

If your going to make the statements about Intamin and SFI or SFMM in a hatred relationship, please show an article to back it up...an article stating that in fact, SFI or SFMM has said they will never deal with Intamin again. Despite any issues including the Superman ride....assumptions do not make a valid point.