TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks RObb, I think it would make the park look better in that area, and that game structure in the center can be redesigned for Terminator merchandise, and a photo op area. They can always relocate the bathrooms elsewhere across the midway, and those facilities need a big upgrade, so I would just tear it out, and create a large pathway opening for Terminator as you see in the picture.

In this updated picture, I copied and added some of the people, and texted where the queue line begins, but in the POV video, the queue line will actually be larger for the pathway next to the main circle, which will be used for the gated queue line for long lines, and guests will be waiting in this area before they reach the station. You can easily see it in the video.

-Tim

1875692344_sfmm_newopening3.jpg.f12636ee8a30c20ebde2528815711871.jpg

^ This is similar to what I was hoping they would do the day I heard the coaster was going back in that area. This part of the park REALLY needs an upgrade. New shops, bathrooms, places to eat and some nice flatrides would really spruce up the area. Oh and if SFMM is still on tap for a Starbucks store, that's the area I hope it goes in.

I fully agree that moving the ride entrance would go a very long ways towards making clear that people are not getting in line to board Psyclone. I'm actually curious, because I'm a bit too young to remember, where did the Bobsleds and Shockwave board? Did they use the same general area as Psyclone for their stations? I know that the old Shockwave que line still is there and is used as overflow for Deja Vu, but I' still unclear as to where the stations were.

That's an inspired entrance for the coaster. Is that the old shooting gallery next to it in the pic? If the entrance goes there, wouldn't it be cool if they changed the old west theme over to a Terminator shooting gallery?

All in all, I am interested to see how they fit the ride into the area, where the entrance is, if we get a super bathroom, etc.

Actually, re-themeing the entire area is a great Idea. Deja Vu could be themed to a time machine that goes backwards and forwards in time. And the whole area could be rethemed into some post apocayliptic future. I love the idea of a shooting gallery re-theme as well.

Brilliant!

Since Deja Vu breaks down often, could they change the cars to DeLoreans?

I updated my interpretation entrance to Terminator again. I know it won't look like this, but could this be forwarded to a representaive of Six Flags Magic Mountain, or do they visit TPR and it's forums often, and this may actually inspire them to go for it.

Tim

2032837774_sfmm_newopening4.jpg.b66b1bd29e021bdfbc0d40f5a66c3018.jpg

Those brown things you see in the pathway are benches. I added some trees and shurbs to it.

I fully agree that moving the ride entrance would go a very long ways towards making clear that people are not getting in line to board Psyclone. I'm actually curious, because I'm a bit too young to remember, where did the Bobsleds and Shockwave board? Did they use the same general area as Psyclone for their stations? I know that the old Shockwave que line still is there and is used as overflow for Deja Vu, but I' still unclear as to where the stations were.

I believe Shockwave's station became the Psyclone transfer track. It might have been Sarajevo Bobsleds station too.

"I'm actually curious, because I'm a bit too young to remember, where did the Bobsleds and Shockwave board? Did they use the same general area as Psyclone for their stations?" (AllenA07)

If I recall correctly, Psyclone's train storage shed was the station for Sarejevo Bobsleds and Shock Wave. For Psyclone, they built the station that it had. It appears that Terminator's station will be somewhere in the middle or far edge of the ride.

At some point, we'll see a GCII drawing and be able to determine not only the station location, but the layout as well.

Eric

I believe Shockwave's station became the Psyclone transfer track. It might have been Sarajevo Bobsleds station too.

Here is an old picture of when Shockwave was being built in that area. The station was directly aligned with the small bridge crossing the canal. Before they built this coaster, it looks as if they didn't even clean up the ground as like they've done for construction of the upcoming Termintor ride. The landscaping looks horrible, and if they were smart, they would of cleaned up all that land as far back as the hillside, and used that entire lot for more than one ride. They could of used it to expand the park with the new coaster Shockwave, new restrooms, giftshops, flat rides, and made it look really nice, but they went ahead and built Shockwave, front and center.

Tim

1242461832_SFMM0_Shockwave_BeforeDejaVuandPysclone.jpg.9e1a807de302cee554c0ca6a180ab428.jpg

Wow...SF has gotten better over the years...Terminator definitely needs a new entrance, and the whole area needs a makeover. That one recognizable quarter-dome building from the Shockwave era is still there, with the same paint job - two coasters later!

So, I've heard people say that there will still be room for some flats and maybe a kid's area back here. Where? Is that rumor dead? Or will they add some other stuff behind Terminator?

Actually, re-themeing the entire area is a great Idea. Deja Vu could be themed to a time machine that goes backwards and forwards in time. And the whole area could be rethemed into some post apocayliptic future. I love the idea of a shooting gallery re-theme as well.

Brilliant!

I was just begining to think the same thing. If they do go ahead with an entire Terminator/post-apocayliptic future of the entire area that we know as Cyclone Bay (or at least where both Deja Vu and Terminator are located), no point in leaving poor Deja Vu out.

Only since Terminator would be right next to it, I think Deja Vu should be renamed Skynet (or something Terminator-ish).

The landscaping looks horrible, and if they were smart, they would of cleaned up all that land as far back as the hillside, and used that entire lot for more than one ride. They could of used it to expand the park with the new coaster Shockwave, new restrooms, giftshops, flat rides, and made it look really nice, but they went ahead and built Shockwave, front and center.

From what I understand is that boneyard area is not owned by Magic Mountain, only leased and that's why they dont build a coaster back there. Kinda makes sense as every coaster ever build there used the same footprint

Same goes with the overflow parkinglot,which is not paved as that part is leased and not owned by the mountain

The park should buy that property for future expansion. It shouldn't cost that much, it's a small batch of land, and it isn't being used by anybody but Six Flags to store their equipment on a lease. If they want the park to thrive and continue profit from guests, and be the best park in Southern California, they need to start using their yearly profit on buying land for a future investment, around the park.

I do know Magic Mountain Parkway will be expanded in the future into those hillsides, (according to that sign that's posted), so perhaps the road will lead directly behind Terminator, and lead over to the 126 freeway, or for a new future neighborhood.

Tim

I know that Shockwave and Sarajevo shared the same station, but it's hard to tell from these photos, but it would appear the Psyclone's trasfer track may have been a new building. Look at the position of the transfer ttrack building in comparison to Shock Wave's station:

If you use the shooting gallery as a landmark, it would appear that the two structures are different.

--Robb