TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any Cricket fans here on TPR???

Hotlanta

Pakistan test cricketer Younis Khan has not had an auspicious start to his stint playing for South Australia this (southern) summer:

- In his first one day match he only scored 3

- In his first 4 day match he scored a golden duck

He'd want to get into form pretty quickly, as we don't need imports taking the spot of local talent if they aren't going to perform any better.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Australia, South Africa and New Zealand announced a southern hemisphere version of the IPL today. It seems they will start in 2011 and will usually be held in October. They are also hoping to attract english and indian players.

Full details from cricinfo here

"The concept will involve two separate conferences - an eastern division based in Africa and a western division in Australasia - and the top sides from each will progress to the finals"

I know travel costs would be expensive, but I think that it would be more interesting to have all the teams play each other before the finals. eg Adelaide v CapeTown, Melbourne v Durban, Auckland v Nairobi etc.

Seems to me like with the evolution of the IPL, this southern continent series, the stanford tournament in Caribbean we will soon be moving away from national tournament to city based franchises like most other sports. Maybe in a decade the only national side based tourney will be the World Cup. The funny thing is, i still don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I hope not, I still think interantionals are the pinnacle, and the biggest drawcard, and should take up a proportion of the annual calendar.

But I guess at the end of the day, money talks - so we'll see what it has to say about the future of cricket.

AUSTRALIA are 0-50 at stumps on day two after India declared their first innings at 7-613, with both Gautam Gambhir and VVS Laxman scoring 200-plus.

Well the good news is Australia hasn't lost any wickets, best they can hope for now is a draw, I think India batted on 100 runs too long. Australia really need a quality spinner to pressure India on the flat decks.

I think the Indians wanted to assure themselves that they wouldn't loose this match. That's why they batted that extra half a session or so. It was nice to see Laxman stick it to the Aussies again. What drove me mad was Sachin shutting it down just before tea on day one, if not he could have been the one with a double hundred .

Oh come on now Aussies your spin department is so weak, you should give Warne half the country just for pitching on this tour.

^ It's about time Michael Clarke came good when the pressure is on. Except for Clarke's hot babe fiance, Lara Bingle, how is Clarke "way better than Ricky Ponting"

Michael Clarke:

Innings: 59

Aggregate: 2433

Average: 46.79

Ricky Ponting

Innings: 204

Aggregate: 10333

Average: 58.05

374537898_lara_bingle_cricket1.jpg.c38252b258efd7c70d3f62f3bdcfdd8b.jpg

Michael Clarke's fiance, Lara Bingle

I think Mr Cricket is the only batsman who has shown much consistency through these dark times, my solution - clone Mr Cricket.

I think India, being 1 up, will just play for draws in the next 2 tests - dead tracks with India still in their first innings on day 5.

What are the Aussies thinking? That's my question of the day. On a bone dry feather bed they put stuart clark on the bench? He was the only bowler in this series who was really economical for them. Yeah he didn't get the wickets at Delhi, but there has to be a value for typing one end and frustrating the batsmen.

I really don't get the Cameron White selection either, he is not trusted ahead of Clarke or even Katich yet he is in every game. Oh well.

Just when India seemed to be cruising to another huge score, test debutant Jason Krejza struck with bowling figures of 8-215 to restrict India's total to 441.

The Australian selectors must have egg on their faces by not playing Krejza in the first 3 tests, otherwise why take him to India in the first place?

And a nice innings by Simon Katich (92no) who apparently attacked the Indian bowling with real purpose and took Australia to 2-189 by the close of the second day's play.

The Indians gave him no respect and they deserved what they got. I can clearly remember Sehwag, Laxman and Dhoni all falling for unnecessary shots when they were set. He became both the highest wicket taker and most runs given up on debut.

That was some negative bowling yesterday. I had to shut off the TV after the 1st session and go to bed. At least the match is set up very nicely for us.

Wow it was really sad seeing Kumble and Ganguly go away. It's the end of an era when Dravid and Tendulkar also say their good byes.

Ponting's decisions in the last session of day 4 still boggle me. He had the test in hand and they target would have 250 and he was worried about over rate then?? He could have cleaned up the tail quickly with the fast bowlers since it was reverse swinging well.