TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phillies win the NL pennant

bobafett

Not much of a baseball fan am I, but I figured I would post that my hometown team The Philadelphia Phillies are going to the World Series. People in my neighborhood are honking their horns and celebrating in the streets. I guess as sports fans go, they must be really happy because none of our teams have won any type of championship game since 1980 or 1983 I believe. They always go but fail to win anything. So if we have any Phillies fans out there, congrats to our hometown heroes!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Braves fan this is killing me. Every time i turn on the post season i want to scream "That's supposed to be us!!!!"

That's why when i realized the Braves are cooked this year i have been rooting for the Rays. Their payroll is less than A-Rod's. They represent the true baseball that the Braves were all about. Scouting homegrown talent and pitching.

You shouldn't have access to wins and postseason's just because you are in a huge market. It will be very good to see a WS of Phillies-Rays. Even though the phillies have a big payroll all their talent is homegrown.

ESPN practically has an orgasm by just mentioning Yankees-Redsox.

Okay i will get off my soapbox now.

^ I don't follow sports so I guess when your team doesn't win it is a let down. Here in Philly we haven't had a championship in awhile so I guess all the fans are going to be going nuts. Here it is 1:30am and they are still celebrating in the streets. Alot of people jump on the bandwagon when one of their home town teams win, not me. I say "oh they won well good for them" and go about my business. I thought that RBI stood for runs,bases,innings until someone told me what it really meant !D'oh for me. Just a dumb girl I am.

^ Yeah I don't get it. Why is it supposed to be the Braves? Are they the almighty and forever deserving or something? There are many teams in the MLB, and everyone gets their chance a some point. The Braves had many, and didn't really do much with it.

Let's go Mets....... Living in Philly is just plain killing me right now. I really have a lot of confidence that either the Rays or the BoSox will come through and keep the Philly misery going though.

You really thought the Braves would do something this year? I'm actually surprised Cox is going to keep his job. Its time for a regime change there.

Enough of that, I've waited 15 lllloooonnnngggg years to see my Phils in the World Series. It's time to exercise the Joe Carter demons!! Screw you Mitch Williams. Yes I am still bitter.

Allen, I was also surprised to see the Dodgers pretty much give up last night. I think the Matt Stairs homer in game 4 was too much. They showed the Dodgers dugout after it and they were shell shocked. I'm not sure Bllingsley was a good choice either. His psyche had to be fragile after game 2. I probably would have throw Kuroda at home on short rest.

Huge Philadelphia fan here in all 4 major sports. I love that everyone but Philly fans arent picking us. The us against the world mentality is very powerful. Im also loving that these guys arent celebrating too much, because they really havent won anything. In 93, I think everyone was just happy to be there, but not this time. Lets GO PHILS.

I was 2 when the 76ers won it all in 83 and that was the last championship in Philly, but I got a feeling about this year and the Phillies. Hopefully I see you guys on Broad St for the parade.

If the Rays close it out, I hope it's tonight. Tampa "fans" don't even deserve to still have that team, and thus don't deserve to actually see them win it in person.

Fixed. Sorry 'bout that.

Yeah, after the Sox bow out, I have to grudgingly say, "Go Phils."

^ Yeah, it was certainly cool to watch. Always amazing how bats can suddenly come to life out of nowhere. The tough thing about it is that there's a LONG way to go, and awesome comebacks like that can only be fully appreciated if they end up winning the series. They've been there before, but the starters are gonna have to up their game if a miracle's gonna happen again.

I think that after a loss like that Tampa is going to have a hard time getting back in it. Look at how the Dodgers played following game 4 of the NLCS, the Matt Stairs homerun broke that team. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing now with the Rays. The safe bet is going to still be Tampa, however if they can't win game 6, then I'm going with the Sox in game 7.

I couldn't believe the Sox came back last night. I went to bed when it was 7-0 and figured that the Phillies would be playing the Rays. Then I woke up and Sportscenter was talking about the Sox still alive.

It will be interesting to see how the young Rays respond to such a collapse. I think the momentum has definitely shifted to the Sox.

This is great for me, being a full-out Philly fan (well, I don't pay attention to basketball much, it's one of my least favorite sports to watch). Not quite as big as the Eagles madness in '04, but it'll be really exciting if they win, championships are few and far between for Philly.

I'm rooting for the Rays, I just can't stand the Red Sox after they "broke the curse", possibly the biggest bandwagon in history. I really respect the Rays as a franchise, so here's hoping they can get the pennant (and then swiftly lose in the Series).

For me its just so hard to root against the Red Sox becuase the Fenway Faithful actually care about there team and add another element to the sport. The excitement of every 3-2 count, the excitement of every pitch thrown at a batter (with the accompaniement of thousands of "A**hole" chants from the crowd), and the excitement of the crowd when they actually won that game just made it so much more special. If the game took place in Tampa it just would not have been the same for me. So as much as I want Tampa to win there first World Series, I really wanna see the excitement of Fenway again...O and I wanna see those damm Phillies melt under the pressure of the Fenway lights! Mets, FTW!!!

I used to be a huge Phillies fan. Back around 1991 - 1993, I watched a lot of the games on TV, knew the entire roster. Even into 1994 I was still really into baseball but the strike kind of ruined it for me and I never was interested in the game the way I used to be. I started watching more games at the end of the season and hopefully this will be enough for me to get back into watching most of the games next season. It would be nice to see them win the World Series since I still am upset about 1993.

I will say that I love that the Phillies won the pennant. As much as the networks would like to have a Dodgers/Red Sox Series, I'm glad it won't happen. I will admit that that would've been a fun Series to watch, but I'm glad the Phillies were able to win out. And the fact that the Rays are so close is exciting too. Hopefully they'll finish off the Sox and get the the World Series. Although this wouldn't be the best Series for the networks, it will definitely be a Series between two teams that entirely deserve to be there.

Wow i didn't the Rays would ever beat the Sox and Yankees in the same year during my lifetime . Congrats to the team though, they thoroughly deserve it this year and they almost choked it away.

Still feels weird saying it The AL champion Rays.

Unlike the last few years where there were way too many sweeps, we can have competitive series between the Phillies and Rays.