TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skara Sommarland Discussion Thread

^Don't forget that this is the first coaster of its kind. Maybe in future models they will try that, but with the current train kind of in the form of an X, linking 2 together XX doesn't look like it would be possible because the bar or whatever connecting them would be to long to navigate the curves correctly. I think the capacity on this will be fine because this is a smaller family park and it holds the same amount of people as eurofighters and more than wild mouse coasters.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Haha I was just about to say that! It does look very similar to X2's trains, but this does look like an ideal family ride, it's a great new experience that even little kids can handle. I'm pretty sure adults would also really enjoy this ride too

Does anyone know what the height restriction is?

It seems like it would be kid friendly as well as something that adults would want to ride.

^Yeah can't wait to see what TPR people think of it. It looks like a fun ride. Not the most amazing ever but it does look fun.

^^ The bird thing hasn't been put on the trains yet. I'm pretty sure the trains will look better with the bird on.

Does the main frame of the train remind anyone of X2

Aren't both trains built by the same company?

I have bad news. Tranan premiered on Saturday. Belts off a few times on a wagon and it stopped. But once belts off and the wagon didn't stay. Passengers had to travel nearly a lap without belts. No one injured, but a 5-year-old girl was shocked.

See links below (in Swedish, of course!)

http://www.gt.se/nyheter/1.1590425/balten-lossnade-i-berg-och-dalbana

http://anytime.tv4.se/webtv/?progId=767379&treeId=100782&renderingdepartment=2.757 (video!)

No, the emergency brake didn't stay the train when the belts off during the ride. Not the station brakes. I don't know exactly how it happened. But according to media the passengers had to travel almost a lap without seatbelts.

If I understood the news correctly, then the seat belts came undone right after the station and the coaster e-braked so that the passengers could be evacuated, then it tested for several runs until passengers were allowed to ride again. On the first run after the tests the seat belts came undone again, but this time the ride didn't e-brake, and the passengers rode the ride without seat belts before they could get of. They were shouting that the seat belts had come undone, but the operators didn't hear them/do anything...

Does anyone know what kind of restraints this ride have?

Is it just the belts, or is there any kind of other restraints as well?

If I understood the news correctly, then the seat belts came undone right after the station and the coaster e-braked so that the passengers could be evacuated, then it tested for several runs until passengers again were allowed to ride again. On the first run after the test the seat belts came undone again, but this time the ride didn't e-brake, and the passengers rode the ride without seat belts before they could get of. They were shouting that the seat belts had come undone, but the operators didn't hear them/do anything...

Does anyone know what kind of restraints this ride have?

Is it just the belts, or is there any kind of other restraints as well?

Thank you very much Loefet! Your English is better than mine, hehe

Does anyone keep getting the picture of a teenage boy sticking an arm either in front or in back of the train, and getting it amputated?

I think that there needs to be some sort of plexiglass shield blocking the cars from the axes in which they are rotating on, as there is definitely a very, very large 'pinch zone'.

-Jon

Official press release about the incident:

Last Saturday was a sad event during a ride on Tranan when several belts came undone in one of the wagons. We at Skara Sommarland look seriously at this and understands that incidents on attractions causes concern. Safety is always in focus with us at Skara Sommarland and before the premiere of Tranan, a comprehensive survey of the state's accredited inspection bodies Inspecta. When the problem arose, we took immediate action and stopped the ride for the rest of the day to identify and correct the problem. On Sunday morning we tested Tranan for two hours without passengers, and then test rode the coaster. Tranan will now fly without problems.

Mvh Lisa Lindgren, Marketing Skara Sommarland

Does anyone keep getting the picture of a teenage boy sticking an arm either in front or in back of the train, and getting it amputated?

All coasters should be designed so that something like this doesn't happen. I'm pretty sure S&S took this into consideration when designing this ride. That's why most parks test their new coasters with a reach envelope before opening the ride to the public.

^ I guess I misread the OP's post. Reach envelopes are used so that the rider cannot reach supports/trees/buildings. I thought he was referring to someone sticking their arm outside the train and getting it amputated by the supports.

EDIT: I just saw a pic of the trains in action and it looks like riders are seated away from any of the moving parts so they cannot physically touch them during the ride.