TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Question about Thorpe PArk Location

Hey guys I have a question about thorpe park. My family and I (5 people) are staying in London ( which my mother says is far from alton or we would go there) next summer. We have at least one day free and I suggested Thorpe Park and my mom agreed with me. Here's the snag, my mom said that we would have no means of getting there as a taxi would coast 100$ for the five of us and she is not renting a car. Is there any cheap way to get to Thorpe from london or some kind of subway system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The I really cant wait till we go to England Ghost

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate,

I visited Thorpe in 2005. I too stayed in London with Dad and, after running around for a good two hours in the morning asking travel agents how to get there, we caught a train from Waterloo station to Staines. From there there is a shuttle bus that runs every half hour or so directly to the park. I think it took about an hour from Waterloo to the park, so allow enough time to get there by opening.

UK Train times and prices can be found here:

http://www.thetrainline.com/

Trains leave regularly from London Waterloo (and Clapham Junction).

The bus journey costs of the order of about £3 for a return - can't remember the exact price. The 950 Thorpe Park express bus leaves from directly outside Staines station and it's well signposted. The bus journey takes no more than about 10 - 15 mins max.

I done this journey yesterday!

You get the London underground train to Waterloo which is on the Jubilee line.

Then you get an overground train from Waterloo to Stains. From Stains station you can get a regular shuttle bus to Thorpe park.

Underground return ticket = £2

Overground return ticket = £3-£7

Shuttle bus return ticket = £2

From Waterloo station you can buy a combined ticket of train and Thorpe entry at a discounted price.