TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasters at Night

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kumba!!

Seriously, it seems that it gets better every year. I could ride Kumba all night long if I had the chance.

Agreed our nighttime no-wait rerides last year were epic. Emily's (who is > than Piers) giggling only added to the awesomeness.

First off every coaster to me seems to have a little extra umph at night, it just feels a little more intense and exciting than in the light of day. Obviously The Beast, Raven, Voyage area ll well known night rides. I really enjoyed Hades (when it was still running decent), the two tunnels under the parking lot were incredibly dark, probably by far the darkest on any coaster. Also I really like Magnum at night (was even better before the water park took over the entire north side of the island).That long slow lift hill with the views over lake Eerie at night are pretty amazing.

hmmmm....terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler,terminator or prowler...

Prowler. It will literally take your breath away at night. Plus, when the on-ride photo flash zaps you, you have no idea where you are until you're on the home stretch!

Mudusa and Roar. Roar is much better at either the front or back when it gets dark, There's no lighting on the ride at all. Plus it's "tunnel" bunnyhop area is scary even in the daytime due to all the hand/head choppers. It's like being 5 years old on Big thunder Mountain.

Voyage is spectacular at night, but due to their operating hours you almost have to experience that during some sort of special event.

Beast actually becomes a good coaster at night, even with all the damn brakes.

The surprise hit, though, came during an ACE CoasterCon at SFOT one year. During the nighttime ERT session, we got Runaway Mine Train and the ride ops turned off all of the lights for us. Holy crap. The only way to prepare for those turns was to sit near the back of the train and listen for the yelps of the riders in front of you. I tried to memorize the layout, but always got caught by surprise turns anyway. I'm surprised nobody had to be hospitalized, either from the ride or from laughter.

Thunderhead, hands down. It is amazing at night. That was just reconfirmed to me on Saturday night. The sky was clear, you could see all the stars, the moon was full and Thunderhead was hauling ass! I must say that I had one of, if not the, best ride on it Saturday night during ERT. It also just reconfirms why it is my fav woodie. Stupid good airtime!

All of the night ERT on TPR Middle America was awesome. Prowler, Viper and Raging Bull at SFGAm. On Deep South 2009 Rampage was insane. But my ultimate night rides were nighttime ERT on Voyage at HoliWood Nights, and ultimate ultimate was Eagles Fortress ERT at Everland with TPR. That was the ultimate crazy coaster and at night it went to an insane level, tearing down the hill through the trees. RIP.