TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasters at Night

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad there's some night time Wicked Twister love.

Speaking of the Point, Iron Dragon is actually alot of fun at night, especially in the back.

I should also mention Vortex @ CW is amazing at night too.

Wicked Twister is an awesome ride at night. I love when you go up the first spike and when the train stops and there is no noise and it feels like you hang there forever.

Pretty much all coasters are better at night! The out of control feeling is soo much higher. Some of my favorites are:

The Beast at night is still my favorite despite getting rougher every year. You just can't beat flying through the woods at night!

Millennium Force was incredible at night in the front seat! (Although getting hit in the face with bugs was gross )

Voyage, Raven, and Legend are all better at night. I also have a thing for Loch Ness Monster at BGE.

My favorite is The Beast. I really wish I could have ridden the Voyage at night, but I'll take day only over not at all. Honestly, it's been a few years since I've ridden a coaster at night because I usually go to a lot of parks in May and early June when they are only open until the evening.

Mindbender (SFOG) at night was pure epic-ness! TPR got a full hour of ERT on it during last year's ERT session and I rode it for the full hour. It's already one of my top coasters, but at night surrounded by all the trees with few lights on makes it an even more insane experience.

Seconded for TPR + Schwartzy goodness. Except at SFOT on Shock Wave! About 45 minutes or so allowed everyone to get tons of rides...fireworks going off, WOW.

Same with Titan and Mr. Freeze ...that was so much fun!

When I was 12, I waited several hours after a long rainstorm for a final night ride on Alpengeist in the front seat.

~Megan

I couldn't imagine doing Alpengiest at night, I'de do it but it's so intense!

I loved it at night.

For me, most coasters are better at night. Especially in the colder months, riding with the cold and darkness. Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside just thinking about it.

The early closing hours of parks during the summer season really disappoints me. There is so little time to ride coasters when they are at their best...

This is especially a problem at parks with multiple rides that are spectacular after the sun falls. For example, Holiday World's three woodies. Luckily, they do have two coaster events that are some people's solution to this problem, but if you can't make the event, you're out of luck.

I have a similar problem at larger parks with many heavily-wooded terrain coasters. Like at Kings Island, I would absolutely LOVE to experience both Flight Deck and Adventure Express at night. Swinging back and forth between the trees, diving in and out of the terrain, or facing the cool breeze as you as you traverse pitch black tunnels and glide around the forest at ground level...well, both sound like awesome experiences that would be completely different than those same rides in the daylight. However, being in the same park as two of the most insane night-rides of all time, both of which draw very long lines at these late hours...well, skipping out on those two less extreme experiences is an opportunity cost that we force ourselves to make almost every time.

Maybe someday, we will escape this recession and park hours can return to the way they were..."back in the good 'ol days?"

^^^Agreed. Alpengeist is awesome at night.

Big Bad Wolf-Busch Gardens-It was awesome to go through the dimly lit town and the last drop in the pitch black. Too bad I won't get to ride that again.

Griffon-Busch Gardens (Christmas Town)-The ride itself at night is cool but during Christmas Town, it's breath taking. The view of the park covered in Christmas decorations is incredible. Also since Nessie is closed and the boarwalk next to Griffon's second Immelmann is dimmed, it's pretty cool going through that in the dark.

Grizzly-Kings Dominion-It maybe a rough ride, but the darkness makes it great. And the tunnel gets you every time.

Dominator-I love the lighting around it.

Heck I will ride any coaster at night but some of my faves are:

S:ROS - Six Flags America - there are no lights on the track past the lift hill and the coaster is in theback of the park so there is nothing around it. It makes it kinda creepy for me.

Nitro - Six Flags Great Adventure - Again its in a part of the park where not much is around it so when its in the back its really dark.

Kinga Ka - Six Flags Great Adventure - Just feels awesome at night

Grizzly - Kings Dominion - Its all in the trees so at night it adds to the thrill

I don't think I've ever ridden anything but Roar at SFA at night. Well, I have also done night rides on Space Mountain, but that's indoors, so it's kind of irrelevant. Anyway, I've been on Roar tons of times, and that one night ride scared the bejeebers out of me. I probably should try to go to more parks at night, to get a different experience.

I agree about Nemesis, back row Nemesis at night was one of the most intense ride experiences of my life.

Some more notable coasters that were pretty insane at night are: Dragon Khan, Port Aventura.

It was unbelievably intense and you really had no clue where you was about on the ride's layout.

Another at Port Aventura was Furius Back. To be honest, it's extremely intense in the day time anyway, but when you ride in the night when it literally has NO lighting at all on 90% of it's layout, it just becomes in another league. It was a little too intense in sections.

I also quite like Oblivion on a night time as well, I think the limited lighting on it also enhances the ride itself.

I don't think I've ever ridden anything but Roar at SFA at night. Well, I have also done night rides on Space Mountain, but that's indoors, so it's kind of irrelevant. Anyway, I've been on Roar tons of times, and that one night ride scared the bejeebers out of me. I probably should try to go to more parks at night, to get a different experience.

I LOVE Roar!!! At night that coaster is a lot of fun.

My top 5 night rides are...

5. Matterhorn...the caverns, the snowman, LOVE IT!

4. Big Thunder Mtn @ DL...in and out of the caverns just seems like so much more fun at night

3. Screamin' Eagle...the trees combined with the darkness really accentuate the speed

2. X2...especially when the winds let the mist in the trenches build, its like an explosion when you plow through it

1. Prowler...insane in the back row!