TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasters at Night

All the coasters at Busch Gardens Tampa ride amazingly in the dark. Something about going through those pitch black moments really adds something to the experience. Kumba's tunnel, Sheikra's underground moment after drop two. Cheetah Hunt's canyon section. Great for night riding.

I blacked out on Kumba at night. Or was that just plain darkness?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of my favorites are:

Boulder Dash- I don't think there is a better night coaster. The main reason I go to Lake Compounce's Halloween event just so I can get night rides on Boulder Dash. The ride absolutely flies through the woods mixing air-time with powerful laterals.

Millennium Force- The lift hill looks amazing at night and Millennium Island is pitch black. The only caveat is to not ride in the front seat unless you bring a face guard for the bugs.

Intimidator 305- Very dark and the turns are nearly impossible to anticipate. You just need to let the ride take you.

Apollo's Chariot & Nitro- Both B&M hypers have great settings through the woods with many big drops and lots of airtime.

Front row of Millennium Force at night eating bugs is a religious experience.

This, and when you're going up that lift with the lights shining up into the sky for what seems like forever it really feels like the ride's going to take everyone on the train into outer space.

Front row of Millennium Force at night eating bugs is a religious experience.

This, and when you're going up that lift with the lights shining up into the sky for what seems like forever it really feels like the ride's going to take everyone on the train into outer space.