TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasters at Night

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Cedar Point we always beeline for Raptor, our favorite night ride at that park.

At KI it's Diamondback and Beast.

At KD it would probably be i305, had we the chance to experience it. But Dom is pretty f'n cool at night. With wet tracks

We lucked into night rides on all 5 at BGW, but give me Apollo and Griffon in the dark.

SFGAm has Viper running backwards trains right now, so in the dark it is even cooler. But the Bull takes the cake there.

For the uninitiated: Shivering Timbers at Michigan's Adventure is one night ride that will haunt you for weeks.

Favorite overall? I'd have to go with Diamondback with Apollo a close 2nd.

My very first rides on Outlaw Run was a night, back car front row. Totally insane, especially because for the first 1/3 of the ride is in complete darkness. The double barrel roll also comes out of nowhere as well. I was really shocked by the hang time on the second barrel roll. Overall, Boulder Dash is still my favorite coaster to ride at night.

Edited by Erik Johnson

• 2 years later...

I'll give another vote to Millennium Force. My first visit to Cedar Point I had planned to do Maverick at night at least once but after doing MF the first night it was such an unforgettable experience that I couldn't keep myself away from it the second night.

Oh, and I'll probably do the same for the Beast this summer.

Boulder Dash. That ride hauls, and not being able to see the hills and dips coming leads to quite the thrill. Honourable mention to Nitro, which for some reason just seems better at night.

Edited by Genx24

Steel Force has a pretty good night ride. Being able to look over the whole park and seeing everything lite is pretty sweet.

I'll second Steel Force. Riding it after the park closed on ride night changed my opinion a bit. It went from "Steel Forceless" to "Steel Fun"

Steel Force has a pretty good night ride. Being able to look over the whole park and seeing everything lite is pretty sweet.

I'll second Steel Force. Riding it after the park closed on ride night changed my opinion a bit. It went from "Steel Forceless" to "Steel Fun"

Steel Force is always a must at sunset/night when im at the park as a guest, It also provides for beautiful sunset pictures!

IMG_3027.thumb.JPG.bc91bb569b052ffb6d9c5285c0cb71f9.JPG

Steel Force is always a must at sunset/night when im at the park as a guest, It also provides for beautiful sunset pictures!

Confirming beautiful sunset photos.

All of Holiday World's coasters deliver great night rides.

I was able to ride Thunderbird and Voyage at night and they were both great at night. Voyage's double down was insane in pitch black as you have no idea where you're going, very distorting. Sadly I didn't get to experience Legend or Raven at night.