TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

It looks like wood though, joking aside. There is a wooden coaster of some sort in the background and there is an explosion thing with wooden beams coming out. With the parks success with Balder I would not be surprised with a form of wood like GCI or gravity group or even RMC?

After the announcement they will release this website http://myterlegender.liseberg.se/ called "myths and legends".

What the heck, I clicked the link and... the site is online...?!

Please welcome Loke the Gyro Swing Intamin, and Valkyria the Dive Machine B&M.

Edited by KingRCT3

Translated: 41m Giant Frisbee (looks like Intamin?) and 50m tall dive coaster, longest in Europe.

Well not gonna lie dive coasters aren't for me, but I can imagine the GP will eat it up.

Edited by dcxs

After the announcement they will release this website http://myterlegender.liseberg.se/ called "myths and legends".

What the heck, I clicked the link and... the site is online...?!

Please welcome Loke the Giant Discovery Boomerang, and Valkyria the Dive Machine B&M.

Seems good to me, I think we'll see the details tomorrow, which will be interesting for the dive coaster. I would've liked to see a dive coaster bigger than valravn though, since there are basically no roller coasters with world records in Sweden. One thing is that loke seems rather unoriginal in one sense since they made Mechanica 2015.

The names seem very fitting. Balder was liked by all of the other gods, except Loke. Loke got Balders blind brother, Höder, to accidentally kill Balder with a mistletoe used as an arrow.

A valkyrie is a female figure who chooses who gets to live, and who will die in a battle.

Hopefully Liseberg will keep up with the theming job from the last additions and this could be really really good.

So it IS a Giant Frisbee, I'm so excited! But the Dive Machine... doesn't somehow connect to me personally that much. I would've rather had a next-gen invert with forceful layout or a flyer but hey a coaster is a coaster, I'll take it! Granted I've only ridden Krake, but somehow it felt like a "one-trick pony". Don't get me wrong Krake is flawless in execution, but I guess I like my rides more versatile than just a drop. However, prove me wrong and provide a solid layout and I'm sold! GP will surely love Valkyria and it is a solid add to Liseberg's already wide catalogue of kick-ass rides.

GG Liseberg.

Looking at the concept art...

Not to bash but haven't we been through this, like, everytime a coaster is announced? Concept art is only concept art. Details may change, and to consider this will probably open in 2018, which is two years from now, it is also likely that not all the things remain as first advertised. However what I've heard about Valravn, I'm also hoping for old-style restraints rather than vest. 6x3 could be reasoned with small space they have which requires smaller turns. My favourite on Krake was (surprisingly) the last row, so it's a good thing this isn't a two-row-er. The only thing I'm a bit worried about though, is the capacity. Krake had the longest/slowest line in whole Heide Park with 2 trains in operation, so I hope Liseberg will have enough blocks and length in layout to push through with high capacity.

Although this has now been leaked, I'm still going to watch the announcement tomorrow to enjoy the show!

The thing I'm most interested in is where the heck they will place Valkyria. Will they expand out on the more recently bought property? I have a hard time seeing they will remove an existing coaster, but that is the only other option the way I see it.

The thing I'm most interested in is where the heck they will place Valkyria. Will they expand out on the more recently bought property? I have a hard time seeing they will remove an existing coaster, but that is the only other option the way I see it.

I read (themepark.nl) Kanonen will be removed to make place for the dive.

^ We cannot assume that. It is a very popular ride and a large rollercoaster which is still fully operational and awesome. It fits in with the park well and although it is small, it is still a very good thing to have in the park. If you look closely in the pictures you can see Kanonen sticking out in the corner.

Not to bash but haven't we been through this, like, everytime a coaster is announced? Concept art is only concept art. Details may change, and to consider this will probably open in 2018, which is two years from now, it is also likely that not all the things remain as first advertised. However what I've heard about Valravn, I'm also hoping for old-style restraints rather than vest. 6x3 could be reasoned with small space they have which requires smaller turns. My favourite on Krake was (surprisingly) the last row, so it's a good thing this isn't a two-row-er. The only thing I'm a bit worried about though, is the capacity. Krake had the longest/slowest line in whole Heide Park with 2 trains in operation, so I hope Liseberg will have enough blocks and length in layout to push through with high capacity.

Although this has now been leaked, I'm still going to watch the announcement tomorrow to enjoy the show!

I never knew Krake ran with so few trains, Oblivion literally has like 5 trains stacked in the brake run always and definitely runs more than 2 on quiet days. That kind of shocked me.

Not to bash but haven't we been through this, like, everytime a coaster is announced? Concept art is only concept art. Details may change, and to consider this will probably open in 2018, which is two years from now, it is also likely that not all the things remain as first advertised.

Not to mention that the concept art is, or is at least really close to, a NoLimits simulation with a custom set of trains.

^Krake also runs on 3 trains, but still these dive coasters aren't capacity machines expect somewhere around 1000 to 1500 p.h. With my visit in the peak season this year that's more then enough for Liseberg in my opinion.

I really hope they can fit this on the already crowded hill of the park that will make the drop seem bigger then it is. Looking forward to learn more.

Well, I definitely did not expect a dive machine for Liseberg. It will be very interesting to see the layout and where they will place the ride. I was kinda hoping that the inverted coaster rumor would come true, but this will be a sweet addition as well!

If you look closely in the pictures you can see Kanonen sticking out in the corner.

... on the picture of Loke, which is opening in 2017. The dive is only opening the next year I assume, so they'll only remove Kanonen that year.

But let's wait until the annoucement to be sure! I still have hope both could cohabit in their happy tiny world.

Not to mention that the concept art is, or is at least really close to, a NoLimits simulation with a custom set of trains.

Definitely not NoLimits.

But yeah, the first concept-art is really something artsy to get the mood, whereas the second is most likely a render of the real layout (but we can't see much... Themepark.nl says 3 inversions).

I read (themepark.nl) Kanonen will be removed to make place for the dive.

I honestly wouldn't care if Kanonen left. In a park with an excellent woodie, a fantastic Mack launcher and an ever-reliable Schwarzkopf Kanonen's roughness and overall mediocrity sticks out like a sore thumb, and Helix already renders it kinda superfluous anyway. Granted the more coasters the merrier, but I won't ever lament its loss if Valkyria is what takes its place.