TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

Hey guys!

I'm planning to visit Liseberg during the second week of August. What do you think crowds will be like? I am planning to stay one full day at the park (11am - 11pm), will this be enough time to explore the park? Or should I add a second day?

Thanks!

Hey guys!

I'm planning to visit Liseberg during the second week of August. What do you think crowds will be like? I am planning to stay one full day at the park (11am - 11pm), will this be enough time to explore the park? Or should I add a second day?

Thanks!

Provided it's a weekday crowds shouldn't be too bad. Balder, Helix and Mechanica would likely have waits ranging from 35 minutes to 1 hour during the day (AeroSpin may have longer waits since it's new), everything else should be 30 or less. Be careful as to which food joint you go to though, lunch lines can be massive and move very slowly.

Staying in the park from opening to closing is more than enough to see the whole place, plus the park is stunningly beautiful at night. I recommend you buy the Allt-i-ett (All-in-one) package online since it lets you skip the wait one time on three attractions of your choice within designated hours. Don't wait until the last minute to purchase it though since express tickets can run out on the most popular rides.

And JordyC, do not exclude a walk, through the amazing GASTEN HOTEL!

It's an upcharge, but the best (IMhO) walk through haunt attraction, of

it's kind, in the World! The set up (and the sets) is brilliant, the scares are perfectly

placed, and it's a well-run attraction by all involved... including the spooks, lol!

It also has one (NO SPOILERS) awesome room, you won't ever forget, walking through it.

(IMhO)

1674344686_ResizeofIMG_5368e.JPG.16d1c4b8dac77e3e20f37e8544380d21.JPG

Worth the price to go in and "look around." (o; TPR 2014 Scandi Tour.

I'll be going to the park (for the first time) on the 25th of August and I noticed the opening times are a bit odd: 15:00 - 23:00. It will also be closed the three previous days which means this really is the only date possible for me. I hope I can get a few rides (at least on the main attractions). If not, is there any sort of fast pass thingy system available?

That's because it's late in the season and the schools have started (many of the staff are students). BUT if it's warm during the day, you will get some fantastic darkrides in the evening @ Helix, Balder & Lisebergbanan

Still sore and tired after average 50 spins and 10 rides on AeroSpin and a magnificent performance by Deep Purple on Stora Scenen last Friday and Kolmården Saturday

/// Marcus

I'll be going to the park (for the first time) on the 25th of August and I noticed the opening times are a bit odd: 15:00 - 23:00. It will also be closed the three previous days which means this really is the only date possible for me. I hope I can get a few rides (at least on the main attractions). If not, is there any sort of fast pass thingy system available?

I visited Liseberg on a Thursday in late August last year and had no problems with crowds. The only ride that had a bit of a line was Mechanica (30-40 mins), which was new last year. All other rides varied from short lines (<15 mins) to walk-on. So I don't think crowds should be a problem, I can however not guarantee anything. But even with a bit of a crowd it shouldn't be a problem, Liseberg have some of the best operations around. See link for my trip report in my signature.

Liseberg does offer an express-pass, if you purchase your ticket online in advance you will receive fastpass on 3 rides of your choice. I don't think I even used all of mine during my visit last year. Looking at the website, I'm only seeing the "Purchase tickets" option available through the Swedish version of the website. I had no problems purchasing tickets from Norway last year, but I don't know if they have any restrictions on from which countries you can purchase tickets.

Link for the 1-day entry+rides+express pass:

https://webshop.liseberg.se/allt-i-ett/allt-i-ett-1dag

Edit:

Added some pictures from my trip report, both taken on mentioned Thursday. Showing the queue on Helix and Balder.

015_335.jpg

022_292.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Seen contrasting views on what queues are like at Liseberg in late August, so thought I'd ask here. Going on 28th August (A Sunday) And the park is open for 11:00 - 22:00. Obviously with them opening hours I'll be able to get on all the thrill rides (Coasters, Atmosfear, Mechanica and Aerospin). Is there anything else that's a must do, considering I want to be getting a decent amount of re rides on the coasters! It seems to be the after Summer Holidays in Sweden, and over here in the UK the weekends right after the holidays are usually quiet due to everyone visiting in them. Is it the same case at Liseberg?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

D'aww, Spin Rock was among the best pendulum rides I rode, I loved it! Even better than the S&S Swoop Swoop I'd say.

But on the other hand, that also was one of the ugliest rides of Liseberg, so that's not surprising. Good thing the park is moving forward!

Edited by KingRCT3

So after my visit to Liseberg in the end of August I wanted to make a little review (I've been a bit busy lately). Sadly I don't have enough pictures to make a decent report but here's what I think about some of the main rides:

Helix: wow that was amazing. I had heard some more or less mixed reviews and was very pleasantly surprised. The trains (to begin with) were great: very comfortable and gave plenty of freedom. The ride itself felt extremely complete as it was properly long and (for me) had a great mix of inversions and moments of air which sometimes were pretty intense. It might not be the most omg insane ride I've been on but I felt it did everything really well, the transitions between elements were well executed and very fluid: I didn't feel like there was any "dull" moment during the ride. Maybe the weakest part of the ride (as many have said) were the launches as they weren't very forceful but I honestly don't mind because the rest made up for that. It's one of those coasters I could go on all day without getting tired. Rode it 16 times and I'm still thinking if it takes my number one spot or not.

Kanonen: very fun ride for its size (better than I expected). Great forceful launch, nice twisty transitions and good pops of air. I was afraid it would be a bit jerky because of the quick/small elements taken at a relatively high speed but it was just fine (maybe the restraints help). It's just a shame that it broke down as I was about to get on my last ride.

Lisebergbanan: one of the best coasters of its type I've been on. It was a little jerky sometimes but nothing too bad. It was really fast, extremely long and did have some moments of floater air which I found surprising. I love how this ride and Helix seem to go all over the place interacting a lot with each other and with quite a few other rides too.

Balder: My first ride was in the afternoon near the middle of the train and it was quite disappointing. Indeed there was airtime on every hill but nowhere near as intense as I though it would be (still a fun ride, though). I rode it later in the day near the front and in the back and it was much much better: the first big hills still weren't that intense but the last small ones were extremely fun and forceful (pretty smooth ride too). Despite this, however, I still found it a bit disappointing. Yes it does have lots of air but that was it. I know it's a matter of taste but I wasn't a fan of the not so fast/interesting transitions between the hills (which were the main part of the ride). I though of skyrush whose main dish is also the airtime hills but that ride doesn't have a "break" between them but instead fast, intense, low to the ground turns (as well as some other elements). The thing I liked so much about helix was precisely what I missed here: the feeling that the ride never stops and just flows from one element to another (even if it's not an extremely intense ride). Maybe it also helps that I like a few inversions but I almost got the feeling that the airtime on helix was sometimes better than balder's. It might sound like I didn't really enjoy the ride but I did, it was great fun and probably my favorite wooden coaster (but then I haven't really been on a lot of good woodies). It was just disappointing taking into account the reviews I'd been hearing. But then, as I've said, it's all a matter of taste and I'm glad it's that way.

I also got on atmosfear which was really cool (great views and a nice drop). Aerospin was fun but because of the wind I didn't manage the ridiculous amount of spins I did at Bakken. I didn't ride much else as I spent most of my time on the coasters (especially helix) but, overall, I really enjoyed the place: nice atmosphere and guests, interesting location and I love parks that let you get close to so many rides like this.

Had an amazing day there and hope to return eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

September 27th Liseberg will announce the new ride for 2017 live via Facebook. In the teaser video, you can hear powerful cellos playing another masterpiece by IMAscore (not official but hey who else could it be)! Text in the video translates to "Giant awakens":

https://www.facebook.com/liseberg.se/videos/1400419853320910/

If this is going to be a Giant Frisbee, I can easily say that Sweden has their ride game on point because Helix, Wildfire, Ikaros and this in only a couple of years...

September 27th Liseberg will announce the new ride for 2017 live via Facebook. In the teaser video, you can hear powerful cellos playing another masterpiece by IMAscore (not official but hey who else could it be)! Text in the video translates to "Giant awakens":

https://www.facebook.com/liseberg.se/videos/1400419853320910/

If this is going to be a Giant Frisbee, I can easily say that Sweden has their ride game on point because Helix, Wildfire, Ikaros and this in only a couple of years...

The 2017 ride is going to replace Spinrock. I don't know if a Giant Frisbee can fit into that area.

^

It must be, why announce it now if not?

But what type of coaster could it be?

*UPDATE*

I did a quick google search and found this

Liseberg have confirmed to a group of individuals on a behind-the-scenes tour that they are looking at installing a new rollercoaster for 2018. The Swedish park are considering either a B&M Invert or some kind of coaster from RMC. The location for the new attraction will be next to Balder on the land that is currently occupied by the old factory buildings.

Liseberg just posted a new hint "Out of Darkness"

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/liseberg.se/videos/1402243063138589/[/fbvideonew]