TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

Thanx for a great day with all of you on the TPR Scandi Tour!

Helix had technical problems in the beginning, but in the afternoon it was Helix running again. Got a few rides in the evening and Helix is still a great roller coaster, but the rideop still uses the whole body weight to check the restriants with a "You are going to go upside down"-answer as to why they do so. My mom said it felt like to do a mammogram.

/// Marcus

_1160865_tn.thumb.jpg.72590db17c7306613d76c5698ebc7ee5.jpg

_1160867_tn.thumb.jpg.20ea9bd795ba154eb5139c19cd66daa5.jpg

_1160870_tn.thumb.jpg.70545fba12ecaf8f079636345ea64fce.jpg

_1160877_tn.thumb.jpg.2b01f4d9a566fd54211ec37c982c116c.jpg

_1160884_tn.thumb.jpg.70b6aac4820a16bb6d96c5fdb95655c1.jpg

Bill having fun :)

_1160894_tn.thumb.jpg.f2bd2f83235c743acd3f74fb7a59d54e.jpg

_1160902_tn.thumb.jpg.3638ff6ab1a64ad46e6813b6160e0ab9.jpg

_1160924_tn.thumb.jpg.13a0822309b3dc943904285468624e07.jpg

Rabbit

_1160933_tn.thumb.jpg.30827038192744bbc8b9be8b94076871.jpg

_1160937_tn.thumb.jpg.77693e00e9db3610db8ab8b5c996ef4f.jpg

_1160942_tn.thumb.jpg.70b6ff2345834471fc499d74e02c7886.jpg

_1160948_tn.thumb.jpg.b00e2158a25c4a6790b784da2016510e.jpg

_1160955_tn.thumb.jpg.4bbac43267d3ea6d5ccb7799eb3ade1d.jpg

Pontus is the man of the day

_1160958_tn.thumb.jpg.ce3125268e3c260f8b8ec18cfc57002d.jpg

_1160971_tn.thumb.jpg.7a4ea841dfbb86dd3e6dba5ad14a947f.jpg

I wonder what Bill had to drink or is hi high of Helix? :)

Nice pics!

You photographed our group on Balder during our ERT in the morning!

As Robb has stated - the hospitality at this park is incredible, and I have never been somewhere where they treat fans so well.

Helix had technical problems in the beginning, but in the afternoon it was Helix running again. Got a few rides in the evening and Helix is still a great roller coaster, but the rideop still uses the whole body weight to check the restriants with a "You are going to go upside down"-answer as to why they do so. My mom said it felt like to do a mammogram.

/// Marcus

What do you mean "uses the whole body weight to check the restriants"... do you mean stapling?

/// Marcus

What do you mean "uses the whole body weight to check the restriants"... do you mean stapling?

That's the way I read it.

On another note I wonder why Liseberg stopped offering deals to coaster-clubs after what, 2010? Anyone know?

I do hope many and all of you get the chance to actually ride >HELIX<

as I and others did during the recently-finished TPR Scandi Tour.

Any photos AND videos do NOT give this choice coaster justice. IMhO.

You have to ride it, to believe it. The best part for myself, is all that

dipping and diving up and over the trees on the mountain. Awesome!

And into the rock quarry they had to cut through to mount this thing up!

A-ma-zing! Must live long enough (I AM 61, mind), to get back there

and ride ride ride again.

^Can't agree more. Helix completely surprised me, I thought it looked decent but definitely didn't expect a top 10-style coaster. And with Balder in the same park, I was just about ready to move to Sweden after that evening ERT!

Helix is my fav 2010s coaster and well up inside my all time TOP5:

1. Thriller - original German carnival track layout

2. Olympia Looping

3. Helix - best active park sitdown coaster

4. Nemesis - best active park invert coaster

The overall twistyness, the great airtime on bunnyhops and inside inversions, the great interactions with the flume, Uppswinget and Lisebergbanen plus the great setting on the small hill with great park and city views. Do not wanna think about having to wait two years now to re-ride Helix on my Wildfire tour...

I cannot confirm the rough handling of the ride attendants when I was there. They only jammed the restrained when people clearly have not closed them properly or tried to get fat people in. Another minor point Mack could do better - like Gerstlauer - is putting red-green LEDs on the seats so attendants can see for themselves if the restraint is properly closed. Had it twice as they tried to get fat people in that they always had to check with the ride operator inside the control booth which slowed down operations.

Everyone keeps saying how great Helix is. I'm going to hit Liseberg for that credit later this year when school has started again. Hopefully the lines won't be to bad on a weekday then.

I feel like an idiot that I decided to wait two years for this (Going to hit Wildfire and Helix that time). I mean looks so good.

Should really change my plans, but then my girlfriend will likely do something to me for not taking her with me.

^Don't worry too much about it. I realize I may be in the minority, but I didn't find the ride as 'OMG AMAZING' as everyone else did. The park is great, the ride is solid but it won't be near by top 20.

...although I still do have the queue music in my head!!

^Don't worry too much about it. I realize I may be in the minority, but I didn't find the ride as 'OMG AMAZING' as everyone else did. The park is great, the ride is solid but it won't be near by top 20.

The music was definitely the best part of the ride. I feel if it had lyrics they would be "Corkscrew, corkscrew, corkscrew, yes another corkscrew". I still couldn't believe for a ride that so new it already had a noticeable rattle and by the end of the day it was at the point of being uncomfortable.

-Craig

For my money....

HELIX queue music > Dondopna queue music (Fuji-Q)

Period. Much more enjoyable to listen to.

I also sat in different seats/rows on the train,

for my four times or so I rode it in the evening.

No problems with shaking or vibrations for me.

I still couldn't believe for a ride that so new it already had a noticeable rattle and by the end of the day it was at the point of being uncomfortable.

-Craig

Only some slight rattle in the back of the train, in a few selected places, was all I could notice all day.

The music was definitely the best part of the ride. I feel if it had lyrics they would be "Corkscrew, corkscrew, corkscrew, yes another corkscrew". I still couldn't believe for a ride that so new it already had a noticeable rattle and by the end of the day it was at the point of being uncomfortable.

-Craig

I think the rattling was taking place between your ears, Craig! Outside of one back row ride, we stayed closer to front and I didn't have any issues with comfort. I loved Helix!

The music, and station lighting is what made the night rides so much better then the day rides. It did also feel a bit faster at night, whether it actually was or not I don't know. The music just got everyone pumped up.

I think the rattling was taking place between your ears, Craig! Outside of one back row ride, we stayed closer to front and I didn't have any issues with comfort. I loved Helix!

Wait someone out something between my ears? When did that happen

Don't get me wrong I've been on far far far worse rides in the world that for sure but I wouldn't classify this in my top 10 coaster that's for sure. Balder on the other hand, well that ride made me moist in new and interesting places once again!

-Craig