TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

I really like the photo lond. Beautiful!

Another video showing the première of Helix. Werner Stengel give his opinion after riding it.

The missing bolt idea is awesome!

Tried Helix this saturday, and it was a great coaster.

Loved the drop out of the station

Just amazing how Liseberg just "threw" this into the mountainside!

Just wanted to share a pic i took!

Everyone should go and dry this thing!

bilde.thumb.JPG.12c83eacd0401b0e2b35f03765913f57.JPG

Andreas gave an interview a few days ago where he states that young people are the ones who have abandoned Liseberg for other things, and that Helix is now an investment aimed to bring them back.

He also says that they will focus on this segment next year as well, so there might be some truth to the rumor about an updated Zierer Star Shape for 2015.

Edit: I Meant 2015

Edited by _koppen

Andreas gave an interview a few days ago where he states that young people are the ones who have abandoned Liseberg for other things, and that Helix is now an investment aimed to bring them back.

He also says that they will focus on this segment next year as well, so there might be some truth to the rumor about an updated Zierer Star Shape for 2016.

That will probably replace the SS-droptower because of Atmosfear. Good riddance in my opinion because Atmosfear makes it obsolete.

I still wish they would choose a more insane and extreme thrill ride instead because Liseberg has few of those, they only have two at the moment. If they really want to bring back young people then an extreme attraction is needed.

The former location of their Pirate ship ride is still vacant. I personally see a Star Shape fitting better there than replacing an existing ride, but that's just me. It'd be pretty visible up on the hill.

There are so many parks in Scandinavia, I really feel

are "ahead of the curve" when it comes to new designs

in coasters/attractions or atmospheric areas of their parks.

And Liseberg is an wonderful example of a successful in-city park.

I wish ours was so lucky and imaginative in design and execution!

Just realized there aren't many type of extreme rides that Liseberg lacks! Even if they don't, Gröuna Lund has it (Intamin ZacSpin)

It is kind of weird for both Liseberg and Gröna Lund to own Intamin tower and S&S tower at the same time, are there any other park in the world do the same thing?

He also says that they will focus on this segment next year as well, so there might be some truth to the rumor about an updated Zierer Star Shape for 2016.

He he, is that so? And Gröna Lund who just took away the one they had and moved it to Furuvik.

Personaly I would like to se something new for this country..... hmmm . Maby like Slammer - Thorpe Park.

Other idéas?

In my opinion, the smaller drop-Tower is a good compliment and takes away som of the preasure from Atmosfear....

Tivolis Air Race is pretty awesome, I would also love to see a fully inverting frisbee like the one at Silverwood. A flying fury would also be insanely cool but capacity is crappier than crap!

Don't think we will ever see another Slammer get sold, they just don't hold together.

How about a pair of Fabbri Boosters? If they buy two and install them next to each other then capacity would be 32 people, which is more than enough. It would look pretty impressive as well.

The TopScan at Gröna Lund was quite popular with long lines all day - I skipped it when I was there as I could do such rides without lines on the carnivals here and with far better and longer programs. Would love to see inverting high-thrill rides in parks - lately we saw much effort into family-firendly areas so I hope we get some treatment for the thrillseekers again.

The TopScan at Gröna Lund was quite popular with long lines all day - I skipped it when I was there as I could do such rides without lines on the carnivals here and with far better and longer programs. Would love to see inverting high-thrill rides in parks - lately we saw much effort into family-firendly areas so I hope we get some treatment for the thrillseekers again.

Yeah, if I said there was a shitstorm on the parks Facebook when Extreme left I would make an understatement. They are still asking for it.

I would love an updated Zierer Star Shape for 2015. Hopefully improved, as I find the current ones feeling a bit "braked and non free swinging" if that makes sense.

Tivolis Air Race is pretty awesome, I would also love to see a fully inverting frisbee like the one at Silverwood. A flying fury would also be insanely cool but capacity is crappier than crap!

Don't think we will ever see another Slammer get sold, they just don't hold together.

How about a pair of Fabbri Boosters? If they buy two and install them next to each other then capacity would be 32 people, which is more than enough. It would look pretty impressive as well

I think Tivoli is too close for both parks to have the same rides, ( boring for us ) .

But i like to ride the Air Race.

Frisbees are ok. I´m not so much into "Boosters" but i have ride the fast Fabbris V-MAXX in Paris.

Always nice when new rides are coming up.

Have fun. (

• 2 weeks later...

^^Boosters (Edit: Fabbri not HUSS ) and similar are cool for smaller to midsize carnivals but not really suitable for parks due to their small capacity. The line for a ride like this at Liseberg would go once around the park on busy days. Inverting Frisbee has a nice capacity or Inverted TopSpin - and you can adjust the program on these according to demand with a short but forceful 2-minute program on busy days and a more leisurely 5-minute program on off-holiday weekdays.

• 3 weeks later...

So my friends and I went to Liseberg last weekend. It was a super hot day (by swedish standards), we were hungover and I was limping from the shenanigans that happened the night before, so we weren't that stoked but still had to go to Liseberg while in Gothenburg. So I was limping my way through the park and around midday we went on Helix. We sat somewhere in the middle of the train (was way too hungover to actually notice wich exact car we went on) and off we went. It was definitely a good ride but not as good as i actually thought it would be. So somewhat dissapointed we went on and rode Balder and pretty much everything else (Kanonen were, by the way, running stunningly well!). We came back to Helix around 9pm for one last ride. We waited the extra few minutes to sit in the back and Oh. My. F****ng. God. It was probably the best ride I've ever had on ANY coaster. The only thing that was missing to make it TOTALLY perfect were some more positive forces (the only places where I felt some major positives were in the helix and the left hand turn up the hill, right after the largest airtime hill). But other than that it is PERFECT. Even though there are five variations on corkscrewy/in-liney/0-g-rolley-thingys they all delivered very different and unique sensations, which actually suprised me.

To summerize, the whole ride just works. There are so many different elements and sensations which make Helix incredibly unique. The only coaster in the same 'class' (i.e. steel and launched) that i think can compare with this huge mix of original elements is Maverick, though I must say that I enjoy Helix more than Maverick (I don't like them lateral forces on Maverick). And I find it very difficult to point out a 'favourite' part on Helix, just everything works and has to be there in order to make the bigger elements 'pop'. So you guys who are going on the scandi trip definitely has something to look forward to!

^^Boosters (Edit: Fabbri not HUSS ) and similar are cool for smaller to midsize carnivals but not really suitable for parks due to their small capacity. The line for a ride like this at Liseberg would go once around the park on busy days.

While this is true, the new 16 seats booster could be a possibility if they wanted it.

They could get two of those, similar to how BPB had theirs, that would give them a capacity of 32. Sure loading still takes a while, but it would still be a decent capacity.

They could maybe even build a new style booster, similar to the Flying Fury ride, with only one big tower, with two arms, one on each side.

Last week me and my brother went to Liseberg to ride Helix. It's really an AWESOME roller coaster and I really loved the pretzel loop and the airtime hills. The station is really nice and you become excited for the ride. The queue time was just 15-20 minutes so I really recommend to go the park in the beginning of June (and if you're lucky you can stay in some rides and ride it again). I'm very happy that Liseberg take care of their investments and hopefully we will see more awesome rides in the future. Except from Helix we also tested the new experience "Balder and hail". And yes, it's still a great woodie even when it hails

I hope you all on the Scandi trip get a great journey here. Helix is waiting for you!