TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

^ Did they really place the camera under the nose on that black block? Anyway how funny it looks the onride looks great at night love the fact that the main light works like a car, from the train it self. Man can't wait too ride this to bad I decided to wait 2 years.

Edited by RCT3Bross

It might have been the different angle and the lighting but i felt like it went faster this time. Especially at the end, at least that's when i noticed it.

Comparing the earlier POV and this one, then this one is about 5 seconds faster, so it's not just the night version. The angle is pretty much the same, it just got it's nose cone this time.

I'm assuming the first POV was only taken a couple of days (if that) after they started full testing and this one looks like it was taken a few hours ago and uploaded right after it was shot. So I'm assuming that, like most rides, the more a brand new ride cycles, the more it breaks in and will probably speed up a little bit.

It will be a great ride that's for sure. The speed, the layout against a mountain, de trains, the comfort of the lapbars etc etc etc.

After Blue Fire and a few others next to that it only proves that Mack can build some outstanding rides. I'm sure they can compete to Intamin when it comes to normal coasters so far. So let's see what the ratings will do on this one in the next year. it would be great if more and more of these Mack rides will show up worldwide.

I'm assuming the first POV was only taken a couple of days (if that) after they started full testing and this one looks like it was taken a few hours ago and uploaded right after it was shot. So I'm assuming that, like most rides, the more a brand new ride cycles, the more it breaks in and will probably speed up a little bit.

Very true. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison but it also looks like the second launch has more of a kick, though it could just be an illusion from the night setting.

Now that waiting is all that remains until we get to ride Helix, I thought of sharing this picture from 1986. This is the construction of Lisebergbanan with Schwarzkopf in suit and hat.

The only thing I think when seeing this is; I really need a new hat.

Helix looks pretty awesome, and dare I say it, best coaster of 2014..... But of course not ridden it yet.

Very true. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison but it also looks like the second launch has more of a kick, though it could just be an illusion from the night setting.

I didn't notice anything in the launch but, overall, it seemed that the ride was going a bit faster through the course.

Kind of awkward place they chose to put the camera on but still interesting.

I take back what I said earlier about this ride lacking intensity. Looking up the stats on RCDB, it pulls almost 4.5g in some parts, and looking at the POV, this ride seems to have the perfect mix of thrills and just sheer fun!

EDIT: Just watched the night POV.. It was sick!... looks almost like a POV from RCT3 where there's always a light on the lead car.

Blog Update - Helix status update

Lisa posted a list of things that needed to get done before the park opens, and today she posted an update of that list along with some new images:

[*] The Helix queue area shall be completed - Almost done

[*] The area ins the station will be cleaned and receive a general fixing - Almost done

[*] The roofs will get their Sedum plant covering - Done

[*] The façade will get it's mesh covering - the last piece around the track out of the station is left

[*] The queue roof-light will be mounted - Done

[*] The control both will be completed - Done

[*] The Helix shop will be built in the tower area - still stuff to be done, but shelves are in

[*] Photo booth will be built - lacking equipment

[*] All security fencing will be completed - Done

[*] The landscaping department will finish all their work - Almost done, just some areas under the pretzel loop is left

[*] The World Wildlife Fund fountian will be rebuilt - Almost done

[*] All the builders sheds will be removed form the park and the areas they occupy will be cleared - Sheds are gone, just clearing left

[*] All driving surfaces will be paved - The areas are prepared to be paved, will be done before opening

[*] Trees will be sequred in place - Status unknown

[*] The other 2 trains will be added to the maintenance area - Train two is in, train three is en route

[*] Queues that have been damaged/removed during the construction work will be fixed: Lisebergbanan, Uppskjutet and Uppswinget - Done

[*] The power station will be programmed - Done, but will still receive some fine tuning along with the testruns

[*] Helix testing - Ongoing

[*] Information signs will be put up - This will be the last to be done before the opening

[*] The coaster will be inspected - Ongoing

[*] The approvals for Helix needs to be signed off - Will be done during this week

Source: http://projekthelix.se/kvar-att-gora-en-uppdatering/

So there you have it, now onto the images!!

Lisebergsbanan_helix.jpg.415380c8936aafd67c6ccb8e32e58f0e.jpg

The Lisebergbanan queue, under construction with new trees for future shade

broms1.jpg.a4c833aff0425f34b66a52bee331a33d.jpg

The landscaping around the station is ongoing

fasad.jpg.4e7f3573c156791e71ce4072de77d9a9.jpg

Façade detail

lastplats.jpg.125c9e346349ed51fa75c6ae9ebb3aec.jpg

Construction HQ is gone, just some clearing to be done

sedumclose.jpg.a9977022fb03b3c277ca74d89cc54f0a.jpg

Close-up on the Sedum roof

stationen_fasad1.jpg.8809b90840816035a1e84651765481e9.jpg

Here you can see the missing piece, and get an overview of the resulting choice

twotrains.jpg.bde07c55ec7d83b17711a26b78f53fbe.jpg

Operating booth, with both trains that currently are at Liseberg

The train lights look really awesome, but does anybody else think the on-board headlights might detract a bit from the out-of-control experience of riding at night?

There are few occasions it's so dark that you get an out-of-control experience. The summer season and nights are bright in Sweden.

My favorite question is probably this one:

Colin Berthold - "How big of a problem was Lisebergbanan when you were designing Helix?"

Mack Rides - "To be honest, it was a pain in the ass"

Thank you Robb and Elissa for a really awesome chart, and while I had to go out very unexpectedly (DAMN IT!) it's still a blast to read through all the questions.

My favorite question is probably this one:

Colin Berthold - "How big of a problem was Lisebergbanan when you were designing Helix?"

Mack Rides - "To be honest, it was a pain in the A$$"

Thank you Robb and Elissa for a really awesome chart, and while I had to go out very unexpectedly (DAMN IT!) it's still a blast to read through all the questions.

We joked about that question on the Skype call and I told him it was totally ok to write that!

^Love this video! I believe he wasn't disappointed at all about this huge project. Still remember watching his interview video when they started to construct Helix. He is a lucky CEO!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398183240.715687.thumb.jpg.00e85d2574e5ccc6ff8962fc165399e2.jpg

Anyone found the top hat looks so wrong but so great? The shape of it looks like there would be some snappy transitions while having some nice hang time.