TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

"TV advertising for Helix - the next level."

Now that's how you do a commercial for a coaster!

I'm gonna be so upset when I realize that I need to divide my time between this and Balder. Hey, Robb, Elissa, can we just stay at Liseberg for a week during the tour?

Got confirmation on the third train.

It's set to arrive on Tuesday evening and it will be lifted straight into the maintenance area upon arrival, and they will be working hard to integrate it before the press event the day after.

I do hope that they manage that since that will definitely cut down the waiting times somewhat for us going

^ Nice, that really shows that this ride is less intense than Kanonen, but I see that as a good thing, since it's just means that you can ride it again and again, much like Lisebergbanan

Wonder if there are any endurance riding records left to take, or have Richard Rodriguez made some of them so long that the Liseberg season isn't long enough, since they now have 3 coasters that are good candidates for record breaking. Is there a list of his records?

Edited by Loefet

Kanonen is probably more intense but it's kinda over before it starts. Everything happens so fast and when it hit the brakes it's like ok, that's all?! Kanonen is an energy package that is over in 30 seconds and puts a smile on your face. Helix will be like the dominator, something you don't mind standing in line for an hour or 2 cause you will actually be able to enjoy it while riding, not just get off thinking "wtf happened?!" Kanonen is good, Helix will be epic lucky me living 15 minutes away from him

Personally, I think Helix is what Kanonen should be/aspire to be. Imo, Kanonen packs way too many elements in a too narrow time frame. As you guys above said, its over before it starts. Definitely not worth queing for more than 45 mins. However, I really appreciate the launch and the top hat.

Edited by Zingao

mailsig2c5d8b2.jpg.5ffda95912d8ea39df2fe11bab7cb159.jpg

HELIX TPR FACEBOOK CHAT!!!

When: Monday, April 21st - 2pm East Coast USA, 11am West Coast USA, 8pm Goteborg Sweden Time

Where: TPR's Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview

Who: Andreas Andersen - Liseberg CEO; Dennis Gordt - Mack Rides Head of Development

Join us! SPREAD THE WORD!

More details coming soon, in the meantime, check out the Helix POV:

Edited by robbalvey

Now that waiting is all that remains until we get to ride Helix, I thought of sharing this picture from 1986. This is the construction of Lisebergbanan with Schwarzkopf in suit and hat.

liseberg.jpg.da65e61061c1a69485efc1589e29f967.jpg

Schwarzkopf inspecting the building of Lisebergbanan

To me it seems like the latest trend is less intense, but more fun, rides. Not sure how I like this. While some of tge hs tuff like new school B&Ms, & other more family friendly/re-rideable coasters are fun, nothing beats a flat-out crazy intense ride, like BTR (or Kannonon in this case).

Overall though, Helix looks awesome.

^ Nice, that really shows that this ride is less intense than Kanonen, but I see that as a good thing, since it's just means that you can ride it again and again, much like Lisebergbanan

I think it has more to do with mack's seat design being more accommodating for riders. Im sure it will be plenty intense in all the right ways

^ The limit on the back row have more to do with the "larger" passengers it's made to accommodate, the seats are wider, which means that shorter people might not sit as secure compared to the other seats in the trains. It have nothing to do with that it's more intense than the rest of the ride.

Too bad that it's on FB, I hope that you put up a transcription for the rest of us to read.

Still it's really nice to set up this kind of thing.

^ The limit on the back row have more to do with the "larger" passengers it's made to accommodate, the seats are wider, which means that shorter people might not sit as secure compared to the other seats in the trains. It have nothing to do with that it's more intense than the rest of the ride.

Too bad that it's on FB, I hope that you put up a transcription for the rest of us to read.

Still it's really nice to set up this kind of thing.

I won't put up a transcript because the Facebook post is already a linkable transcript as it is.

Edited by robbalvey