TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

^^ LOL, I mean really LOL

^ Exactly

To say it like this, these fears have been discussed here on TPR before, but as I said, a new perspective might change some of those fears. But fear of dying of anticipation is now my main concern

On the new light part, then OMG!!

Remember the Wildfire topic, pretty much the same feeling I have now

Can't wait to ride Helix!!

Edited by Loefet

^ Stop saying things

After talking some more with the guy that sent me that link, then I'm really happy with the things I have seen, and my only fear now is the dying of anticipation thing

Makes me feel really good about Helix now.

I say this now, nice and warm weather can't come quick enough now

So it may be a great thing that the TPR trip isn't happening until June

Skara Sommarland anyone? Please!

Yeah, that would be the only place we would ever see one here in Sweden as it stands at the moment, but I would say that it would be highly unlikely, since it's owned by the same people as Kolmården, unless they did some kind of 2 coaster deal.

^ Never said anything about an RMC at Liseberg, just the general excitement of that topic, reflects my feelings about Helix now.

I think it have been a good thing that I got these fears after receiving the link, since it have brought my expectations down quite a bit since I'm now doubting my predetermined thoughts I have had about Helix, which will make it easier to enjoy Helix for the great ride it is, instead of leaving me with a feeling of disappointment due to it not being able to live up to my expectations in the first place.

I have had that feeling before, and it's not nice. Expecting too much based on earlier reviews but ended up flat when I finally experienced the rides myself. Looking at you both, Silver Star and (especially) EGF..

To you all going on the opening day, then I just say this, it may be better to ride a bit later in the day rather at the beginning, and also hope for nice and warm weather (it do look great next weekend so hopefully it will stay for two weeks, until Liseberg opens).

BTW, how many from here are going on the opening day?

Any interested in an unofficial TPR meet up?

Im a new user on TPR, even though I've been following this thread ever since the announcement of Helix. I will be present at the opening day, would be cool to meet up, since Helix is best enjoyed with TPR members!

Yeah, that would be the only place we would ever see one here in Sweden as it stands at the moment, but I would say that it would be highly unlikely, since it's owned by the same people as Kolmården, unless they did some kind of 2 coaster deal.

I was thinking more along the lines that they love the new ride, and happily buys another one for Skara. A clone of Goliath would do fine, I'm not to picky with the layout

Not sure yet, but I hope to do so, would love to meet up!

Nice to see some interested people

^ Cool, I'm on the other hand is booked for the press day on the 23rd which most likely will be before you then, so I'll get plenty of rides in before the opening day

It will be epic to spend some time at Liseberg with around 100 other people, just riding Helix

Edited by Loefet

Blog update - The power behind Helix

Today Lisa posted another behind the scenes post, concentrating on the power delivery system to the launch areas.

Source: http://projekthelix.se/kraften-bakom-helix/

ALSO, the POV is scheduled to be released on Thursday

So mark your calenders!!

broms.jpg.14df0d6c351a5ea9cb612e95983a805c.jpg

This is where the power that is generated when the trains hits LSM units at speed is burned of.

kabel.jpg.5f77e25881387c2a1f36c44f889865c6.jpg

This is where all the commands from the main computer at the stations arrive down in the power regulation shed.

The green box with the red and green optical fibre is where all this communication is done over.

musklerlaunch2.jpg.8f68a4e597ae3e0805c46261cf5c0289.jpg

One of the power regulation cabinets, which in turn feeds the LSM units out on the launch.

securitybrain.jpg.9c74fdc8bd1fb2f0372ef597ec4fd339.jpg

This is the supervisor in the system that shuts down everything if any alarms are tripped by any part of the system.

switch.jpg.8f0e3a398040f6dc253ca1282110ce8d.jpg

Between the main transformer and the two power regulation cabinets is this cabinet. It's the one that sends power to the correct power regulation cabinet depending on which launch is going to be utilized depending on the where there is a train.

thebrain.jpg.a9774ed1e2e89d4249abb08caf7f4b7f.jpg

This is the main PLC computer up at the station.

^Let her know we appreciate it! Some coaster enthusiasts could give a d@mn about how a ride operates as long as it works and they enjoy themselves. I enjoy that plus also want to know how the ride works.