TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

Is there any picture of the loading area in the station of helix?

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1419313#p1419313 34 pics down from the top of the post is construction photos of the station.

/// Marcus

But no pics of what the interior is going to look like? Really curious!

The design of the building looks so amazing, can't wait to stand in line...really...

Also, ive heard that these mack trains are really ergonomic for the staff that works on them, true? (Sorry for my bad english)

An article in today's Göteborgs Posten on Liseberg's expansion plans for the south parking lot and the new ground. They are looking at a hotel and adventure bath complex is open year-round along Mölndalsvägen. A parking garage along the E6 and a garden between.

The plans are very long term and it will not be completed until about 2025.

/// Marcus

source in Swedish: GP

1432626125.jpg.cb33baa63edc978227f0e2b259dc3ac8.jpg

Liseberg current layout

505445506_3769552030(1).jpg.13753566ca9680fcd8236ace1c0b1687.jpg

How Liseberg maybe will look like in 2025

3816823458.jpg.080b7773dd381b2dfe0bfc53e8147c98.jpg

This is quite depressing news for me..

I mean, liseberg is in the heart of Gothenburg! You don't have to use valuable park area to build hotels...

Waterpark (I sure hope it is indoors) would be ok I guess but then again, why in the park?? Build a waterpark somewhere else instead and sell packages to both parks!

Parking is quite useful though, however, I take the train to liseberg so it wont affect me

Use that area to expand the park!!! More fun! Not more hotels -.-'

Some kind of plans they have for the future. With hotel and water park coming I think new rides will be on lower priority the next years. Maybe the park area will be used for additional rides in the far future.

What more could you want from the park anyways? A bad ass intamin woodie, a decent rocket coaster, and what looks to be like a bad ass looper, and then the famed lisebergbanan, i feel my day would be easily spent amongst the 4. These four blow SFMM's 19 out of the water imo, and Im sure the park development wont go stagnant while they develop the hotel. That would be over 10 years which would likely be unsustainable without any new attractions for the park.

Time to drool over some new pictures featuring "The Dive & Helix" on Helix

Helixdive.jpg.25e274bf10dfcb307519264e8b42a942.jpg

Just look at that.... look at it!

Helix2.jpg.5c3b65726b0d176749fb4bc413e9f331.jpg

And then check this out

Helixhelix.jpg.9564b67ab82eb679285c6095c9544ff6.jpg

Oh, it's a Helix²

Helixcurve.jpg.d8dd2e44d4dc1d2765eba142281aed5b.jpg

Here most coasters would end. Not Helix. This is the turn into launch number 2

Source: ProjektHelix.se

Edited by Olov

Home again, at last

It's great to see that other people have stepped up to keep the updates coming, awesome work!!

First I will start with the now official plans for the future, looks the same as the one we got a sneak peak when they were leaked on here some time ago.

It's the most logical step for Liseberg, to develop into more of a resort type affair. I have commented the plan before, so I won't bother again, and in my mind there are some flaws to it. However, there is also logic to much of this as well.

I'm pretty sure that Liseberg really wants to get an on-site hotel as soon as possible, since the large open space where the current Liseberg hotel is situated is under planning to be transformed into something else pretty soon, which will mean that the current Hotel won't be able to stay, so since they now have the space for it then adding one connected to the park is given.

Waterpark, not a big fan, but also a smart move, the only real contender is 3 hours away by boat, so they will have little competition

I really hope that the large brick building from the old SAAB factory that will be saved will turn into a great indoor park with attractions, sure no Lotte World, but still way better than nothing.

And as it looks now, then there will be plenty of space to get some other large attractions way further into the future as well.

So in essence, not a bad concept, but parts of it can need some work in my view, and who knows, much may change until they finally put earth in motion..

EDIT: Had a better read through the article, and this is just a rough drawing, it may never be realized but changed dramatically.

To those that worry about not getting new rides for several years, I would say, don't worry at all, the upgrading of Liseberg won't stop. There are already long going plans on new attractions, sure not in the scale of Helix or similar, but it's still very likely that there will be some new stuff every year, so don't worry about it, this development will be ongoing over several years, but dealt with in parallel compared to the rest of the park.

Also to finish this post of with some new images, courtesy from the official Helix web-cam and my brother (as he went to pick me up at the train station ).

Current.thumb.jpg.3ed7c5bb9f5de9bef696bfd30a9eeedc.jpg

First up a nice overview, looks so much better than earlier today, when the fog lay thick

Helix_3_1_01.thumb.JPG.23b6e312e90ff0d238ffe32d0a8aff5b.JPG

That thing is enormous!!

Helix_3_1_02.thumb.JPG.2c0ad3144a8de35a6ff6c75bd6bfa838.JPG

Also that passage underneath the Lisebergbanan lift looks to deliver some nice angles

Helix_3_1_03.thumb.JPG.a1f4769b3dd05dda0e9ead52a2c6fc88.JPG

Prepare to dive!!

This thing will be epic once it's done!

Helix-progress-14-03-10.thumb.jpg.3e67dcc9b66375b3414a65c22b85822c.jpg

Also an up to date image on what's done, not much left now

Edited by Loefet

Yeah, that Pretzel loop will be humungous!!

As the fog today made it hard to watch on the webcam what was going on I passed by Liseberg on the way home... When I stepped out of the car and took a look at the Pretzel loop I completely dropped my jaw!

This thing is HUGE! Much taller than I anticipated from watching the computer made animations! If I would compare to a famous coaster that I have been on I would say that the height is comparabel to the Cobra Loop on The Hulk at Universal Studios in Orlando!

OMG! Cant wait to ride this thing...

To those that worry about not getting new rides for several years, I would say, don't worry at all, the upgrading of Liseberg won't stop. There are already long going plans on new attractions, sure not in the scale of Helix or similar, but it's still very likely that there will be some new stuff every year, so don't worry about it, this development will be ongoing over several years, but dealt with in parallel compared to the rest of the park.

This!

Liseberg is very good at what they do, I donut think they would ever let the new development come at cost of the regular park. I wouldn't even be surprised if they continue to make some major investments in the park in the coming years, despite the developing of the new area.

Turns out the Project Green Fire was going to be 84 meters tall or 275 feet.

Now back to studying!

This!

Liseberg is very good at what they do, I don't think they would ever let the new development come at cost of the regular park. I wouldn't even be surprised if they continue to make some major investments in the park in the coming years, despite the developing of the new area.

Now back to studying!

I asked Andreas about it on the live chat, and the reply I got were that they won't "forget" the park in terms of development of the rides, etc. since that's part of their core business.

Not much other interesting info have posted, the most interesting parts I have seen are:

Green Fire, that later became Helix, was supposed to be 84 meters tall, that's about 30 meters taller than Helix, now when the top-hat is in place then it's easy to see how massive it would have been. Use Uppswinget as a reference it's 19 meter tall over the loading platform.

There are plans on renovation work on Lisebergbanan, which will include a new electronics (known on here for some time now), but it will also be repainted, to make it look nice and fresh again.

Since there are massive infrastructure projects going on in Gotheburg at the moment, one of which is a big train tunnel underneath the city, there were some questions about how this will change Liseberg, but that we have to wait and see since there are still much to do until that's known really. But some of the things are to reduce the amount of cars in-front of the main gate, how it will damage Liseberg etc.

^ Nice Picture!!

Liseberg posted a small documentary of when Justin Garvanovic (who have been a advisor on the Helix project) visited to see the ride for the first time in real life.

Also on the general progress of Helix.

It looks like the pretzel area is currently at a stand still, just the bottom bit of the pretzel loop have been installed today. It seems like there might be some support issue, since the top of one of the supports that holds up the lead in to the first half loop were removed yesterday, and nothing have happened so far with it.

So instead it looks like they have moved on to the section behind the Lisebergbanan station, where there have been several supports installed and the track for the rest of the Zero-g roll is currently going in.

Also a question that have been going around a bit on the official blog.

How well do the trains/seats handle people that are around 2 meters tall?

Are the headrests tall enough to properly support your heads?

So if you are tall and have experienced Blue Fire, Manta or Storm, please let me know!!

^

So if you are tall and have experienced Blue Fire, Manta or Storm, please let me know!!

I´m 2 meters tall and i have been on Blue Fire, there's was no discomfort what-so-ever! The seats in the back where the most comfortable ones, but (went on it many times) all seats worked really good... A weird feeling, going through loops with nothing over my shoulders...

The neckrest, shoulderpart, isnt really noticeable, its really good... also, so much legroom!

^^ I'm 6 feet, 3 inches tall (basically exactly 2 meters) and have ridden Blue Fire and Manta. Height is no problem with the trains. Broad shoulders are, though, which I have. It's nothing too crazy, I just can't sit with proper posture. Instead I have to hunch my shoulders forward a teeny bit. Again, it's no big issue.

I've said it a bunch in these forums, but the trains are the best in the business for twisty, airtime-filled coasters. Just wait until that final flat spin before the station and you'll know what I'm talking about.