TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

I'm loving the terrain usage on this coaster. Great update, loved what's been progressing with it and can't wait to see it operate.

Also, the part when you said "From here" "into oblivion..." made me think of Roller Coaster Tycoon, seeing the track have a launch section towards nothing but the sky!

Interesting how they're building this coaster with here and there sections of track. So far they've built 1st drop into the 1st corkscrew, 1st swooping turn and 1st launch, half of the 2nd corkscrew to the 2nd downhill turn, the 2nd launch, and now they've put up a section of the airtime hump over the escalator.

1456532_656974937657868_953270302_n.jpg

Helix Facebook

Certainly not the way B&M constructs their roller coasters.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments!!

^ I think it all comes down to safety during construction as well as what footers are completed at the given point.

I don't think they are allowed to install the bits of the corkscrews at this point when there are people in the area connecting up the LSM units, and they can't really do the ride linearly due to the footers in some areas aren't completed yet. I know that the RCS guys works weekend, but there might be other people doing the LSM installation and they might not, if that's the case then there is a chance that we might see the corkscrews completed this weekend.

One piece of track in the staging area might be heading for the s-curve section as well, so there is another section that might end up going to be installed soon. Almost seems like they are trying to complete all the track installation in this section before moving on to the next one, they could save a lot of time moving the big crane around by doing Helix section by section.

^ And it's getting even better with some nice sunshine behind it, like these images that were posted on the Helix blog just now:

Helix Blog Update

The images posted below are selected to show areas I couldn't get images of yesterday since those areas were of limits during the visit.

Source of the images and more at: http://projekthelix.se/mer-bilder-fran-bygget/

balderbackground.jpg.123aa232e0d4a9648c501819c3ef4e41.jpg

Enjoy this now, since there will be a load of supports that will cover this view soon

firstdrop.jpg.8196818ba6aa62da9b544c183725b50a.jpg

First launch from the other direction

firstdrop2.jpg.1060f3725ee05b276c6c153b76a7091b.jpg

From the station area

kurvaberg.jpg.354b3c5a8d0f806a19b81c30641ebc8e.jpg

Sexy turn around

nydel.thumb.jpg.023a6de1e5d98b704d60ddea18951ad4.jpg

Another new section of track is going in

tornethelix.jpg.22efc1277a0bf0a2c27c99c74f6e876f.jpg

It will be epic to zoom by here in just 163 days

Another Helix Blog update

First corkscrew is DONE!!

and there are only a few pieces left on the second one. And a few more in the other gap then the track around the first launch is a continuous section.

We will see what happens tomorrow, that is if RCS continue as they have before, but since Christmas at Liseberg opens this evening then they may not work tomorrow.

Source: http://projekthelix.se/forsta-korkskruven-klar/

helix1.png.097f58fd3d74287194bb0c096c8deaf6.png

DONE!!

Another big part of the long check-list can be ticked off.

helix2.thumb.png.086589165b783cc0da38e6d88cb2aab9.png

Second corkscrew in the background and the twisty airtime hill that follow at the top, can't say if they are connected yet, but there is a big chance of that

I can't get over how good that dive down the hillside out of the corkscrew looks. Really, that element looks more like a cross between a corkscrew and a dive loop. That whole section kind of reminds me of the beginning of Drachen Fire. Cool stuff!

Just curious, what was different about the original layout?

All I know of was the change to the first corkscrew and the inverted top hat, were there any others?

Otherwise, thanks for the updates! In my opinion, this is the best coaster project of 2014. Absolutely blown away by how integrated this ride is into the park. And I'm a huge fan of Mack's latest coasters. Please keep the construction coming! I really appreciate it.

You are all welcome!!

^^ Apart from those big changes** there are a few small modifications to tweak the track so that it will work around a few trees in a better way, but nothing that really shows.

** Addition of the first corkscrew after the initial drop out of the station, and changing the airtime-hill and corkscrew after the second launch to an inverted top-hat and an airtime hill.

^ Speaking of looking more and more amazing everyday, look below .

NEW Web-cam image + Progress report

The new web cam on Atmosfear is up, well sort of, it's not available on the Helix site as of yet, but I will update with a link once it is

Also as you can see they have finished the second corkscrew as well, so much of the first bit is done, there is just a small gap as you can see on the image below that is missing until it's all done from the drop outside the station and into the dive down to the pretzel.

Also added an image with the installed track so far, unfortunately the supports on the rendering aren't the same as the real world so I won't add which supports are installed an which aren't.

current.thumb.jpg.0ddfa18bda83e3239820862f5c73cf58.jpg

This is an EPIC view

Helix-progress-13-11-18.thumb.jpg.6f7711c53c7483169917971124f372d1.jpg

Progress as of now, pink = installed track

^ Oh, nice!!

Haven't been to that shopping centre for quite a while now, and didn't know that they had put the first car on display there. Really great to see that Liseberg are doing the best they can to spread the news of Helix.

On another note, according to a post on the Helix blog earlier today, then we won't see any more steel going up until 2014, due to safety concerns since the park will now be opened for the public. The work on the station will continue during December, as will landscaping around the areas that are completed, plant even more trees and I would guess that they will finishing up the remaining footers, so that the ride will fly up once the Christmas season ends.