TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pizza Hut to become 'Pasta Hut'

gax

Pizza Hut have decided to change many of their UK branches name to 'Pasta Hut' to promote a healthier image. As far as I'm aware this isn't happening in the US, and due to the bad reception, looks like it'll be a temporary thing.

Full story here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3145545/Pizza-Hut-to-become-Pasta-Hut.html

Very strange!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, We're (The States) transistioning some of it's restaurants into "The Hut", which is more of a sit down, nice T.G.I Fridays style. I recently went to a before opening test of one of "The Huts" and if the pasta is the same, It was really really good. Surpassed my expectations...

So, I'm down with it, only thing I noticed was the Pizza wasn't so greasy, like the specialty ones... So, I want every so often a greasy pizza, I do hope they still have them.

Well, they did this as a marketing stunt during the launch of their new 'Tuscani Pasta' dishes. Then they joked that if the Pasta became more popular than the Pizza they would consider changing their name.

In Korea we ate at something called Pizza Hut Plus, which had a few of the original pizza's but many more thin crust and 'designer' style pizzas.

I wish Terre Haute had a CiCi's pizza place. Five dollars for a pizza buffet is excellent.

The price is enticing, but everyone I know says it's edible and not much else. Pizza Hut buffet may be more to your liking than CiCi's.

Heh, now I have a Pizza Hut craving. Hmmm....guess what's for dinner Tuesday night. lol!

Back to topic, this rebranding almost parallel's McDonld's contempo updating, sans a Mcname change. Pasta Hut just sounds wierd. I'd have to see one of these redos to full understand it. It almost comes across as a way to compete with Sbarro and their pasta dishes.

The Pizza Hut and Wings sounds like something fun to try.

In Korea we ate at something called Pizza Hut Plus, which had a few of the original pizza's but many more thin crust and 'designer' style pizzas.

The cheese dipping sauce with the stuffed crust pizza was awesome!

I'm still peeved that there's no sit-down, lunch buffet Pizza Huts in Florida. I miss those places a LOT.

Oh there are a couple of sit-down buffet Pizza Huts here in Tallahassee. And Sharktums is correct. They did the same in the states a while ago. For a sec I thought it was a April Fools joke or something when I first heard about it.

I'm still peeved that there's no sit-down, lunch buffet Pizza Huts in Florida. I miss those places a LOT.

What are you talking bout' theres one right down the street from me, you go in sit-down and get the buffet when you want. (I think thats what you meant.)

Yep, have one around me as well...It gets VERY busy at lunch time too.

^LOL! Ours turned into a used car lot!

Now that you all have mentioned this, I'll keep an eye out for these variations. Have had the buffet on travel and it's small, but it's good.

Just for a laugh, I was a little kid traveling cross-country with my mom when the Personal Pan Pizza debuted (early 80's). We tried them somewhere around St. Louis. It's still a favorite, and it has some good memories attached.

It's a new marketing gimmick. They are now serving pasta in their restaurants, which they always have, but they have some how "jazzed them up" a bit, serving them 'family style' in which you get 1 to 2 pounds of pasta, depending on how many are in your party, salad and drinks all for a special price. And as the commercial goes," if they like the pasta so much we just might change our name to Pasta Hut". So I don't think it is a permanent thing, just to sell more of their pasta. We also have a Pizza Hut Express and Wing Street combo store in our neighborhood. Not as good as dine-in but it does the trick when we can't to our local Pizza Hut, especially for the "all you can eat lunch buffet"!

Kind of off topic, but...

Does anyone know if Mr. Gatti's pizza buffet exists anywhere outside of Kentucky and Tennessee?

They offer THE best Apple Cinnamon pizza I've ever had; I would seriously sit in a booth for 24-hours, eating nothing but that sweet, tangy, crunchy goodness... (Oohh, now I'm really craving some!)