TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sea World Manta "Track Spotting" Photo Contest!

Will this contest apply to future coasters? I'm just wondering why Manta is special, could be that the concept of a track spotting contest was only just thought of.

This contest was created by SeaWorld to help get the word out and get us involved about Manta. The same contest to get the two tickets and front of the line access is being offered on numerous theme park related websites with the same rules of being able to get a picture of Manta's main track while it is on its way to SeaWorld.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Well, living a couple miles from it, I can say that the pictures you get there or right outside of there will not be nearly as interesting as, say, if you catch the track going across a bridge over a river or something like that... I think the essence of the contest is unique pictures of the track in different geographic locations, not a bunch of pictures of a truck pulling out of the factory where the track was manufactured...

-James Dillaman

I think this contest is pretty cool!!

When ever I'm traveling on the highway and see big semi trucks with over size loads, I try guess what it is! Where I'm from they usually end up being pieces of the windmills in Texas!

Wish it was Coaster Track instead!

Good luck everyone, have your cameras ready!!

Greetings All!

I have been lurking around the site for a while and finally decided it was time to get active! Driving back from Disney today I noticed right off I-4 by Sea World they are using a plot of land for staging. There are a bunch of supports (Light blue) and a few pieces of track (dark blue). Unfortunately, this is the best pic I was able to get on my camera phone. It may not be good enough for first prize, but if someone can get out there this photo was taken heading East Bound on I-4 just before the 528.

Manta.jpg.43c170784a09fb46f10aeda41cdceb4e.jpg

Track Off I-4

I still can't belive that nobody has gotten a picture of the track en route! I figured this would be an EASY contest for everyone as so many track spotting photos seem to surface every year.

C'mon guys! All of us are waiting!

--Robb

^ The track is being transported in enclosed carriers this time. I've already heard several tales of Acers hanging out at truck stops and bribing drivers with "unmentionable acts" for information on track whereabouts. Crazy, I tell ya!

However, this has yet to be confirmed.

I still can't belive that nobody has gotten a picture of the track en route! I figured this would be an EASY contest for everyone as so many track spotting photos seem to surface every year.

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe they have decided not to start shipping the pieces for another week. It looks like they already have enought pieces of lift hill to work on at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...