TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Easton Gardens: [RCT2]

April 15, 1999- A new amusement park in Easton, Massachusetts known as the Easton Gardens is currently under construction. Park owner Royce Chambers is very excited about his chance to develop the 110 acre site into a family paradise. Please follow Theme Park Review for any construction updates regarding attractions, openings, ect.

Seeing that I quickly headed on over to check out if construction had begun and it certainly has. So far the great-looking entrance plaza, a five-star restaurant, and a carousel have been added and Royce assures me more is sure to follow!

SCR6.BMP

To date the Grand Carousel is the park's only attraction. It's a beautiful PTC double-decker carousel relocated from an unknown park.

SCR12.BMP

Look at that view!

SCR11.BMP

The park's famous Riverfront Cafe, a 5-star restaurant that has already been highly rated by top-rated food critics such as the Phantom Gourmet.

SCR8.BMP

Once inside the park, the park lives up to its name and is filled with gardens. Here's two info buildings where you can get park maps and such.

SCR1.BMP

The entrance plaza looks great and so far the entrance tickets have yet to be set.

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I like the park but I have a few complains.

- Use more than one type of flowers Include bushes, small trees and other types of flowers. Don't be so repeatable!

- The water in the front of the entrance looks weird, why don't ya change it to something like season pass holders and group sales.

- The building in front of the entrance is odd, when I go to KD or BGW I don't see a block in front of the whole park!

- With the pathways, use more than just brick.

-Your buildings are a bit blocky.

Thats all!

KPWoCkAxX: Thanks!

Thelengendarymatthew: Yeah now that you mention it the flower thing was repetative and the buildings are a tad blocky. Hopefully I'll be able to fix those in future updates.

SCR8.BMP

The whole area around the emporium looks very nice in my opinion (though I've heard that some more flowers and bushes may be planted).

SCR7.BMP

The park's main gift shop, the Easton Gardens Emporium has been built just beyond the carousel.

SCR6.BMP

Traffic Jam!

SCR5.BMP

I really like the two bridges myself.

SCR4.BMP

This Arrow Dynamics car ride allows families to drive around a beautiful garden and a woodsy setting.

SCR3.BMP

Also, another new ride has been built, the Ole County Backroads.

SCR2.BMP

Actually, two have been added.

SCR1.BMP

A new restroom has been added.

The flower choices are hideous, but the architecture is FANTASTIC! The building really reflect the theme you are going for, so I commend you on that!

But please change the flower situation. Color some of them, and move/removed some to give a better, less-blocky shape. This could turn out to be something great!

It is a nice start so far, but like others have said, there are way to many flowers. You also have flowers where it will be impossible for them to get watered,(antique cars) and it seems like there are too many clock towers. This park has a lot of potential, but in order for it to turn out nice, you might have to rebuild some areas. If you just take your time and work slowly, it will work out.

• 1 month later...

Well I finally decided to take this project on again after completing my Magic Mountain park. I've reworked the park a ton to improve the disasterous flower situation by replacing many of them with bushes, trees, and such. Please leave feedback, comments, and improvements.

SCR1.BMP

New entrance area.

SCR25.BMP

Overview of the park so far. Any comments on what I should add? I'm thinking of a log flume, rapids ride, and Arrow corkscrew coaster.

SCR24.BMP

Overview of the Blue Streak.

SCR23.BMP

Final hill and the brake run.

SCR22.BMP

I just love this tunnel.

SCR21.BMP

This double down gives major ejector air.

SCR20.BMP

Not surprisingly, the two rides begin similarly with 3 major drops followed by a turnaround.

SCR19.BMP

This Edward Vettel coaster stands 80ft tall and was inspired by Conneaut's Blue Streak.

SCR18.BMP

Last but not least is the park's classic wooden coaster, the Blue Streak.

SCR4.BMP

Skyscraper observation tower. It's 200ft tall and gives great views of the entire park.

SCR15.BMP

Improved car ride.

SCR14.BMP

Kids will love eating at the Kings Quarters restaurant.

SCR13.BMP

Dizzy Dragons is a popular flat.

SCR11.BMP

Pictured is the Garden Maze, Frog Hopper, and Castle walkthrough.

SCR9.BMP

The park's Zamperla coaster, the Dragon, is the most popular ride in Kiddie Kingdom. The fire and cave really make this kiddie coaster memorable.

SCR8.BMP

Here's the Town Fair, a marketplace where guests can buy food or gifts.

SCR6.BMP

Entrance to Kiddie Kingdom.

SCR26.BMP

Here's one of the park's kiddie areas, Kiddie Kingdom.

SCR27.BMP

The Grand Carousel and a slightly improved pond.

SCR2.BMP

Still kept the Riverfront Cafe, but I've changed some of the shrubs and flowers around it.

Much better than what it was. The trees instead of the flowers give it a more realistic feel. Blue Streak looks like a lot of fun too.

Maybe add a medium-sized forest-colored B&M multi-looper as well. That would give you a nice collection to rides to expand upon later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow! It's been so long without an update. School is a killer!

Anyway, Easton Gardens is continuing to add new attractions and have debuted two new ones since I last updated- the Galleon and the Water Wheel. Onto the pictures.

Please leave any comments and advice.

SCR7.BMP

It just may be the most beautiful Ferris Wheel I've ever come across!

SCR6.BMP

Also, here's the park's Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel, the Water Wheel.

SCR5.BMP

Only fitting, a quaint little pirate town was added where you can buy food, drinks, and souvenirs.

Personally, something just doesn't look right in this area. Any ideas to improve it or should I just keep it?

SCR4.BMP

The park really made this standard flat look amazing with all of the theming around it.

SCR3.BMP

Ships ahoy! Here's the park's Chance swinging ship, the Galleon.

The good...

- The building design is absolutely incredible. You did an amazing job theming the park to a garden...

- The scenery really suits the park. It reminds me of an actual garden.

The bad...

- The woodie's colors are a bit ackward IMO.

- The flowers still seem a bit repetitive. It looks like you're using the same two flowers over and over again.

The park is excellent overall...

^ So do you suggest I repaint the woodie? How about brown to have a more natural feeling.

Also, what do you suggest I do with flowers? Should I go back and plant different colors or put some more bushes where they are?

Here's a picture of the park's newest attraction, the Garden Maze.

Second, does anyone know where I can get a good Arrow Corkscrew recreation? I've tried building one but it just doesn't come out right.

SCR3.BMP

The Garden Maze has been added. This is the adult version of the one featured in Kiddie Kingdom, which has been renamed the Dungeon.

^^

1. Mix the flower colors up a little and maybe replace some with bushes. That way it doesn't seem as repetitive...

2. A traditional brown for the woodie sounds great. And maybe you should paint the railings green.

The new maze looks great!

Easton Gardens has finally opened for its first year and this update shows the additions they've made since the last update.

As suggested by park guests, the landscaping will be improved for year two and also the Blue Streak may receive a new paint job.

SCR8.BMP

It's not as popular as the Blue Streak, but it's still a great family coaster.

SCR7.BMP

This is easily one of the best mouses out there thanks to its gigantic drop and great landscaping.

SCR6.BMP

Last but not least, the park added its third roller coaster, a custom Mack Wild Mouse called the Wild Mouse (yes I know, it's creative).

SCR11.BMP

You can never have too many bathrooms!

SCR10.BMP

Also, the park added a small snack shop called the Snack Shack known for its popcorn and cotton candy.

SCR9.BMP

A new garden resembling an American flag has been added in a once vacant plot of land.

• 1 year later...

Wow! It has been a very long time since I have posted an update on this park. With that being said, in now way was this project dead. For the past two years, I have slowly but surely been making many improvements to the park. It was just that until now, I had not gotten around to posting an update. With that being said, here is the current progress of Easton Gardens. Keep in mind, I have not finished adding scenery, so there will be several areas that just seem kind of empty.

SCR20.JPG.c097972cc335f9130971260036227a39.JPG

First off, the park decided to paint the Blue Streak a natural brown color so that the ride blends in with its surroundings better. The ride still kept its distinctive blue trains though and rides just as well!

SCR3.JPG.a92a0d309cecdde811c74f8d90f20692.JPG

Schwarzkopf was contacted to build the Comet, the park's family coaster.

SCR4.JPG.c612bb0e572e91fbb7bdb7e3959bbd8d.JPG

Following the spiral lift, riders are treated to a very steep and thrilling plunge.

SCR5.JPG.e6d4bb7628e0c69f3f9c8c9da9ce969c.JPG

Despite being more of a family ride, this oddly-shaped hill provides some top notch air time.

SCR7.JPG.30ea0a32390c43541c65f5bc41ad8ea5.JPG

The rest of the Comet's layout consists of two helixes (one upward and one downward) and a few twists.

SCR1.JPG.429fe74c24698f18c166993bd1c34a8e.JPG

Wanting to increase its flat ride quota, Easton Gardens decided to add this well landscaped section of spinning rides.

SCR16.JPG.9dd3aefa2b0b5cfe5358b025515747da.JPG

Tucked in the corner of the park is the Balloon Race. While not particularly popular, the attraction is still great for families.

SCR17.JPG.0d82d2832fe7af457725eff26c89464e.JPG

Next door is Easton Creek Falls, the park's log flume.

SCR19.JPG.44d2adb8a63bb4e3ccdbe918028ef885.JPG

Off-ride, it is extremely tough to get a good picture of the ride's layout since it meanders through a dense forest.

SCR18.JPG.4f9cd441007e43fa0a9c6f55b13be25d.JPG

The final plunge is fairly tall for a log flume, and the subsequent splash is an excellent refresher on a hot summer day.

SCR11.JPG.87605af77ef4124aac6046fcee61fd7b.JPG

Here is the park's Arrow coaster, which is appropriately called the Corkscrew.

SCR14.JPG.04e9deb2e027e3de6f01f0c6495f71a5.JPG

With Canobie Lake Park being my home park, I had to give it the exact same colors as my local park's Corkscrew.

SCR10.JPG.3bd537f1ca3245ad8de1f887045a4fbf.JPG

Lines are non-existent for the Corkscrew due to a two train operation...and it may be a bit rough considering it is an Arrow.

SCR41.JPG.08c8f5199dbb4285ae7d289e33e04b43.JPG

B&M was contacted to design this delightful, little dive machine. Called the Wild Thing, this coaster may not have any inversions, but it makes up for it with two vertical plunges.

SCR42.JPG.1adc7262a1fada40c97e8dc187f197a3.JPG

If you remember the first park that I ever posted here on TPR, this exact ride was also in my Fun Forest park.

SCR23.JPG.864b7bc8b9dbd5a38aa4f8e3a178316c.JPG

The park's signature attraction, Goliath was constructed by Intamin AG.

SCR25.JPG.e43ef9fa932dc680c06bb8c99bad68f0.JPG

As Goliath begins its rapid ascent via a cable lift, riders can see two of the park's other flat rides, the Sky Diver and the Caterpillar.

SCR31.JPG.29a50a6dcc96e5211be704f58bc2f025.JPG

Goliath has a maximum height of 240ft.

SCR33.JPG.b8c380fedebd185fc5fff2e9c09fa296.JPG

Following the mammoth first drop are three outstanding air-time hills. The 3rd hill seen dives underground.

SCR34.JPG.8ac4641ec8f8c58a15e60dcd5f2f7261.JPG

Here's a closer picture of Goliath storming underground.

SCR64.JPG.54475172966f4e68ab398c572bc8efd1.JPG

After re-emerging, Goliath has yet another air-time hill. After this hill, it dives directly underneath the Water Wheel.

SCR37.JPG.8934276708a2a5708239adc77c1db387.JPG

After this hill, Goliath zips around a quick turn and then enters its return leg.

SCR38.JPG.eca6679869dab75edce573967d509358.JPG

Here is an overview of a majority of the return leg.

SCR40.JPG.9acb5b489ffdd48ad388764c984a9c09.JPG

Goliath's final element is a tight, downward helix that is very intense. Adjacent to this helix is the park's terrifying top spin, the Twister.

SCR27.JPG.1272f536790cfa3f4ad882c5b8fe53de.JPG

Two more flat rides can be seen here in the Whip and the Round-Up.

SCR29.JPG.981106320a0ee627639f0fef9cec856b.JPG

Also, Easton Gardens has a few more thrilling flats next door in the Giant Drop, Crazy Bus, and the Sky Master.

SCR62.JPG.5d86e108631e2604d42d407d0e2e37bf.JPG

Riders are anxiously anticipating the Giant Drop's sudden plunge.

SCR46.JPG.af8cae612cd8b8de57ed9e7152ba0626.JPG

Near Wild Thing is this cluster of flat rides. Like I said earlier, I am not done landscaping this park.

SCR50.JPG.15c808d780d3c0254de2c15ae8cd1ec9.JPG

Surrounding the lake is Surf Glider. Built by B&M, the Surf Glider is a one-of-a-kind attraction, a launched B&M flyer.

SCR51.JPG.3ef4d19f5d59c26590e7b4e72834d6ea.JPG

Riders await the launch.

SCR52.JPG.46800f07ab7817d8e61b0d293cb16b07.JPG

Following the relatively gentle launch is a barrel roll.

SCR63.JPG.7caa658f57acb7f0b8b8c7402895e14d.JPG

Most of Surf Glider's layout can be seen here. It consists of several small dips, many barrel rolls, and a few helixes.

SCR54.JPG.c0fd5c2a193de7c4ab748004d7fe9d0e.JPG

Surf Glider really brings riders close to the water!

SCR56.JPG.8a74d1812a848709e00ac1a28a0a1033.JPG

Surf Glider's first helix is an upward one, and it is followed by the ride's largest drop, which is 25ft tall.

SCR58.JPG.8e012bcd3b252914280e8cb1d0a1896c.JPG

Shortly after, Surf Glider takes riders through its second helix.

SCR61.JPG.4ec8565e6f2ac81a94c8c712460c9a0a.JPG

Here is Surf Glider's final turn. Nearby are several flat rides.

SCR47.JPG.99650a5b6e54119d5493b7a83bf03256.JPG

A better view of some of the flat rides can be seen here.

SCR24.JPG.5ce244146adce5579254cddc74a77f4f.JPG

Finally, I leave you with an overview of the park. Basically all I have left is landscaping the park and adding several food stands. Hopefully, the next update comes much sooner!

This parks come a long way and really looks good. Goliath, Blue Streak, Eastern Creek Falls, Corkscrew, and most of Comet look great. The flat rides near the entrance of Surf Glider seem to be just there but the flats near Comet look beautiful, maybe add some buildings (your buildings are fantastic, by the way) or scenery like you did for that flats near Comet. Your usage of flowers has improved. Not really sure how I feel about Surf Glider though. Still, definetly a great and successful park, keep it up.