TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Did TPR get hacked or something?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's NOT TPR, but Mozzilla.

From the offical website: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/

As you've no doubt noticed, we've been down for a few days. We took the site down to investigate an attack on the site. It appears that a part of Spread Firefox was hacked in an attempt to use it to send out spam.

I didn't think it was anything done to our site.

Just to clear things up here, Mozilla was not hacked, nor was Firefox. Drupal, the open source PHP forum package that spreadfirefox.com uses for its forums, was hacked. Anything wierd on this or any other site is completely unrelated. That said, I see nothing odd in any browser.

^Oh, ok, whatever. That was the closest thing I could find to maybe explain something since all these people kept saying that there was something going on with the site, but I still have yet to see it or see anything in any of our data that shows there was any files or data altered.

Still, some people claim to have seen it in IE, so I'm assuming it must have been some kind of spyware or something else.

--Robb "Still baffled" Alvey

Also, just so you all know there will NEVER be ads on Theme Park Review!!! (other than for our DVDs!) I am totally against pop-ups and ad banners and you will never see us clutter TPR with them!

Personally, I don't think people make that much money off them in the first place, so why make your site look like crap by having them?

I would much rather do what we do and sell content that reflects what the site is about to help pay to keep it running than having a full screen ad pop up every time you want to click on something!

So if anyone ever sees something like this, please don't assume I've gone the way up 'ads' because that will not happen!

--Robb

Ok, thanks everyone!

So now that I have pages of people saying there aren't any problems, I'm going chalk this one up to people having spyware or some kind of issues with their system or browser.

Thanks for your help!

--Robb

I just noticed something wierd. Now that I'm using IE, there are session IDs in the urls. This doesn't happen in Firefox. Without a session ID, anyone on the board could do stupid things (such as mentioned above) via a signature or post. (in this case, little mini-hack that looks for non exsistant sessions. Mini-hacks are a huge problem in scripts that allow sigs and html, the dev group I used to belong to still has problems with it after a few years.)

Just a thought.