TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

I'm starting to listen to some new stuff I really like. I still like metal, but I'm getting into some kick ass punk like lefyover crack, bad religion, we are the union, Chase Long Beach and a few others that I already listened to, but like more, such as NOFX, Diablo Swing, and Freak Kitchen.

This is my favorite band iwrestledabearonce, all the vocals are done by that petite little girl. They're amazing and they fuse jazz and tons of other random genres into metal.

I love their style, but I saw an interview with them and sadly they're total toolbags! Lessening how much I like them considerably...

They're a huge rap group right now.

...was the magic phrase necessary to get me to listen to this:

That reminded me a bit of MF Doom. I find it amusing that they don't consider themselves horrorcore. Then again, they're not the only artists who don't care to use that label. I just may have to check them out some more!

The video was disgusting and I don't believe I'll watch it again.

Lady Gaga... Judas. Thoughts?

I personally think it sounds a bit like a hamster getting thrown in a blender, though the difference being Lady Gaga not being shredded to bits (oh what a shame!)

But in all seriousness it's too much like everything else she's ever done, but all muddied up and with a corny dubstep section. I gave it a chance... but no.

^^I'm not sure if they consider themselves horror core, but I know they're labeled it by basically every media outlet. It was awesome, at Coachella, I was watching Lil B perform (world's funniest rapper alive. Just look at his hits like Wonton Soup, Ellen Degeneres, Hoes on My D***, Bill Clinton etc), and Tyler, The Creator of OFWGKTA crowd surfed onto the stage. After he got up, all of OFWGKTA crowd surfed onto the stage and started rapping with Lil B. It was the most fun I've ever had at a performance.

This is my favorite band iwrestledabearonce, all the vocals are done by that petite little girl. They're amazing and they fuse jazz and tons of other random genres into metal.

I love their style, but I saw an interview with them and sadly they're total toolbags! Lessening how much I like them considerably...

They were most likely joking around, they are never serious about anything. I've hung out with them twice and they're really nice, they gave me free merch. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I found the song "Judas" a bit challenging at first, but it's catchy. I had a similar experience with "Born This Way".

^I have been introduced to Hollywood Undead a couple times and would really like to listen to them more, but haven't gotten around to it for some reason! I need to change this! They seem to be my style.

^I like Born this Way, better yet I like the Minecraft parody "Form this Way". It’s actually not a bad song. Bad Romance, Pokerface, and Just Dance (I think it’s by her) suffered from two problems for me.

- They both where over played in my house/radio

- They just weren’t up to my standards of songs.

I like Judas and Born this way, and it is kind of ironic for me to say something like this because of my user title.

On other note, I remember I originally heard of Freak Kitchen here. Has anyone heard of them? Only one of my friends knows about them, but thats only because he is actually from Sweden.

I've been listening to a lot of Coheed and Cambria lately. I don't think there is a song they have made that I do not enjoy.

I've also been listening to Akron Family, Portishead, The Knife, Fever Ray, Xiu Xiu, The Dirty Heads, and so much more. I'm just finding all this music that I really love.

^I like Born this Way, better yet I like the Minecraft parody "Form this Way". It’s actually not a bad song. Bad Romance, Pokerface, and Just Dance (I think it’s by her) suffered from two problems for me.

I like Judas and Born this way, and it is kind of ironic for me to say something like this because of my user title.

On other note, I remember I originally heard of Freak Kitchen here. Has anyone heard of them? Only one of my friends knows about them, but thats only because he is actually from Sweden.

I HATE Lady GaGa. I hate that entire genre of music. Just like rap, hip hop, and techno. I know it is an opinion and the majority of people will agree with me, but I just cannot stand mainstream music.

I HATE Lady GaGa. I hate that entire genre of music. Just like rap, hip hop, and techno. I know it is an opinion and the majority of people will agree with me, but I just cannot stand mainstream music.

I have to agree. Haha, I try and cover it up a bit... But it's still pretty awful. Lady GaGa wastes talent. She likes Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson, yet her music is nothing like them... WHY???

The thing about Lady GaGa for me is that I wish she would have stayed doing what she was doing before she was known as Lady GaGa. I actually really liked the stuff. I think she is a very talented artist, but I feel that she isn't recognized as much for her talent anymore as she is for the crazy stuff she does.

As for rap and hip hop, I tend to enjoy a lot of it. None of which is played on the radio. Older Outkast, Astronautalis, Sage Francis, Tech N9ne, Aesop Rock, P.O.S. There are more, but I feel like the radio has given hip hop a bad name.

I know everybody has there own taste in music and I respect that, just thought I'd add my two cents.

I have to agree. Haha, I try and cover it up a bit... But it's still pretty awful. Lady GaGa wastes talent. She likes Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson, yet her music is nothing like them... WHY???

She also liked people in the pop industry like Modana. She liked all kinds of music, and decided that she wanted to go into the pop direction.

Also, I can't defend much with hip-hop, because I don't listen to it.

For rap, there is plenty of good artists, songs, groups out there that are good. The two I'm going to say don't follow the sterotypical rap group, and a lot of there songs do have political messages (just pointing that out incase you don't like that stuff in your songs), but rage against the machine and flobots are two of my favorite rap groups, even if they lurk in the sub-genres of rap.

@gmaster - I love you.