TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Anyone here a fan of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros? I've known about them for a while, but I started to get more into them recently. 40 Day Dream and Home are the only ones I'm into at the moment, but I'm sure that'll change as I keep listening to them more.

Dear people running Mayhem Fest,

WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU IDIOTS THINKING! YOU ARE REALLY MAKING MEGADEATH(one of the "big 4" thrash bands and metal legends) OPEN FOR DISTURBED AND GODSMACK? What the hell is this? I mean, Megadeath, Megadeath are awesome and so many metal heads would go just for megadeath love, but this is an insult. Wow, worst planning ever. Thank god those are just the rumors, and it had better not be official, but it looks official considering the rumor is on ROAD RUNNER RECORDS, who are the record company for Disturbed and god smack. I haven't been since Slipknot but desperately wanted to go in 09 to see Slayer. Heres the thing, I love nu metal, I love slipknot and disturbed(godsmack sucks ass though) and even I know this is just an insult to metal, I mean its MEGADEATH! Wow, this sucks so much!

Alternatively hopefully ska in the park announces its lineup soon and System announces a summer fest.

^ First ... it's Megadeth ... Second, just wait until later this year. Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax (although I could care less about Slayer).

Lol, see how mad I was, totally put in the Death by mistake. Also, those are 100 dollar tickets, which I cant afford.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had a chance to DL The King of Limbs yet, but I heard a few tracks on the radio today, and I must say I like what I hear. Looking forward to getting the full album - I figure I'll wait another day or two so the download hopefully won't as slow as I hear its going now.

The new Bayside album that came out today titled, "Killing Time" is simply amazing and although it's only February, I don't see myself liking another album that comes out this year half as much as I like this one. I liked it so much during my first experience with it this morning that I decided to actually purchase it! I know who buys music anymore?! It's THAT GOOD!!!

Has anyone heard of the XX or Okkervil River? I just recently started listening to them and if you're into underground folkie music than you'll love these guys! If anyways has any more suggestions on who I should be listening to next (in relation to those two bands), let me know!

cabo san lucas all inclusive

System has US dates! Woot! I cant go, but this is a good sign, and maybe they'll record an album and do a big tour next year. Also, I just realized why I was so disappointed with Mayhem fests lineup this year. Godsmack sucks, disturbed is ok live, and megadeths not headlining, but thats not what pissed me off. If you look at discussion boards across the internet, the two rumored headliners were System and Ramstein with Disturbed as an opening... that would be one hell of a show.

I hope to catch another show or 2 this year, but I've already been to two concerts in 2011, and I cant think of any touring acts, besides System, that I really want to see right now... and System is playing like 6 hours away on the night before my math final. I dont know, I may catch Reel Big Fish as they are the major local ska band if they come around here again. Also, I may go to warped or something, and will totally go to ska luau if it happens again.