TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Anyone seen MIA's new video yet? It's already been banned from YouTube for content, I think it is one of the most insane videos ever. Check it out here. WARNING: Contains graphic content

---Brent

Oh my God. That was one of the most unsettling videos I've ever seen. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget the last 45 seconds. I hope people actually get something out of this, instead of just assuming that MIA hates red-headed people.

On a lighter subject, I revently found a few bands that may pique the interest of a few people around these parts:

Woe, Is Me - an incredible hardcore seven-piece from Atlanta, GA. If Attack Attack!, Sky Eats Airplane and Jonny-Craig-era Dance Gavin Dance had a crazy threesome, this is what the offspring would be like. I have GOT to see them live sometime soon.

Queens Club - Yes, they're American, but they have a distinct British vibe to them. I dunno, maybe it's the lead singer's voice. Really cool dance-rock beats, some crazy-high vocals and interesting lyrics. Highlights of their album Young Giant include, but are not limited to, "Nightmarer", "Cutt Me Off", "Dust" and "I'm American".

If anyone's a fan of the greatest band from French Canada/the world, 2 singles from Arcade Fire's upcoming album got leaked!

Just search google for them and you'll find a news article with the songs in them. The first one, Suburbs, was actually pretty good and something a bit different from AF, but the 2nd one, Month of May, was probably one of their weaker songs.

OMG THE LINE UP VAN GRASPOP ! :

• 3 Inches Of Blood

• 36 Crazyfists

• A Day To Remember

• Aerosmith

• Airbourne

• Amon Amarth

• Anathema

• As I Lay Dying

• Atreyu

• Between The Buried And Me

• Bloodbath

• Bullet For My Valentine

• Cannibal Corpse

• Channel Zero

• Dark Funeral

• Deicide

• Doro

• Eluveitie

• Evergrey

• Fear Factory

• Finntroll

• Ghost Brigade

• Hail Of Bullets

• Hell Yeah

• Job For A Cowboy

• Katatonia

• Killswitch Engage

• Mastodon

• Motörhead

• Mucky Pup

• Nile

• Obituary

• Paradise Lost

• Raven

• Rise To Remain

• Sabaton

• Saxon

• Slayer

• Steel Panther

• Stone Temple Pilots

• Sylosis

• The Devil’s Blood

• Therion

• U.D.O.

• Unearth

^ This is why I wanna go to those HUGE European festivals that we have so little of in America. Wow, what an awesome lineup. A few bands that I dont know dont really seem to fit like Aerosmith and Stone Temple Pilots, but both bands are awesome, so thats awesome either way. Slayer,Mastadon,Killswitch... three bands I REALLY like playing together as well as a bunch of smaller metal bands that I have heard of(most of them) but dont listen to them. Wow! Mosh pits are going to be redonculace! Damn! Such an awesome lineup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zub6xSZn2sw

im totally hooked by this band now=)!!! progressive metal/baroque music= awesomeness:)

but im listening to alot of other band:) i have a HUGE list:P..

here's the list:

3 Doors Down

Abysmal Dawn

ADAGIO

Amon Amarth

Angra

Arch Enemy

Archeon

Arctic Monkeys

Audioslave

Avenged Sevenfold

Ayreon

Beethoven

BEHEMOTH

Behexen

Billy Talent

BLACK SABBATH

BLIND GUARDIAN

Blue Oyster Cult

Bob Dylan

Cancer Bats

Celesty

CHILDREN OF BODOM

Chopin

Circle II Circle

COLDPLAY

Crimson Glory

DAFT PUNK

DANNY ELFMAN

DARK MOOR

Death

DEEP PURPLE

Deftones

DIMMU BORGIR

DIO *(RIP RONNIE JAMES DIO )

Disturbed

DJ TIESTO

Dol Amaad

Dragonland

DREAM THEATER

Drowning Pool

Eiffel 65

ELVIS PRESLEY

Emperor

EPICA

Exodus

Fairyland

Finntroll

Firewind

Foo Fighters

FORGOTTEN TALES (The first power metal band in QUÉBEC:D)

Galloglass

GODSMACK

GREEN DAY

HAGGARD

HANS ZIMMER

Hatebreed

Helloween

Iced Earth

IMMORTAL

IRON MAIDEN

Job For A Cowboy

JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH

JORDAN RUDESS

JUDAS PRIEST

Kamelot

KANSAS

King Crimson

KINGS OF LEON

KISS

Lamb Of God

LED ZEPPLIN

LUCA TURILLI

Martyr

Megadeth

METALLICA

Moonsorrow

MOTLEY CRUE

MOZART

MUSE (oh my god this band is wow!!! freaking love this band:D)

NIGHTWISH

Nile

Nirvana

Oomph

Opeth

Ov Hell

Overkill

Owl City

Ozzy Osborne

Pantera

Pearl Jam

PINK FLOYD

Poison

Porcupine Tree

QUEEN

QUIET RIOT

Radiohead

Rage Against The Machine

Rammstein

Red Hot Chili Peppers

RHAPSODY OF FIRE

Rob Zombie

Rotting Christ

SANTANA

Sepultra

Shakira (what, she's hot ) and this is the only "pop" music that im listening too i can't stand other artist (especially that sh*** Bieber)

Slayer

Snow Patrol

SONATA ARCTICA

Stereophonics

STEVE JABLONSKY

STRATOVARIUS

Sum 41

Symphony X

System Of A Down

TESTAMENT

THE BEATLES (oh yeah that's what i call GOOD MUSIC!!)

The Devils Wears Prada

The Killers

The Offspring

The Police

The Rasmus

THERION

TIME REQUIEM

TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA

U2

Venom

Virgin Black

Vision Divine

VIVALDI

Warmen

Whyzdom

Winds Of Plague

WITHIN TEMPTATION

Yes

ZZ Top

Will (i think my hand will be sore tonight) C

Here's my current top 50.

Twiztid, Sublime, The Clash, Crashdog, Coheed and Cambria, Insane Clown Posse, The Beatles, Dead Kennedys, Subhumans, Cotton Mather, Misfits, Leftöver Crack, The Dingees, Blaster the Rocketboy, The Velvet Underground, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Transplants, 2Pac, Relient K, Calibretto 13, The Dead Milkmen, Ballydowse, Eagles, Squad Five-O, Led Zeppelin, Elvis Costello, Megadeth, Psychopathic Rydas, Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Blenderhead, Huntingtons, One-21, Ramones, Public Enemy, Operation Ivy, The Cars, Black Sabbath, The Doors, David Bowie, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, Bruce Springsteen, Buzzcocks, T.S.O.L., Cock Sparrer, The Havoc, The Adicts, The Who, Ted Leo and The Pharmacists, AC/DC

^ This is why I wanna go to those HUGE European festivals that we have so little of in America.

Agreed. I'd LOVE to get over and see Orbital (among many, many, many others) live at the Glastonbury Festival, but that's never gonna happen. As least they were kind enough to release a live cd/dvd from there.

Ted Leo and The Pharmacists

Great band. I found their CD "Living with the Living" at the city library and couldn't stop listening to it for almost two weeks.

Anyways, has anyone else listened to the new Janelle Monae album yet? It's called The Archandroid, and it's definitely Grammy-worthy. There's such a nice blend of styles throughout the enire CD, and I love how it's written in "suites" that continued off her first album, The Chase (Suite 1). Seriously, she's a genius.

^I only have "Shake the Sheets" and "Hearts of Oak" because I haven't really been following music for a while, but I love TL/P! The more I listen, the more songs I find to enjoy.

Currently my favorite tracks are

--The Anointed One

--The Ballad of the Sin Eater

--Better Dead Than Lead

--Bleeding Powers

--I'm A Ghost

--Little Dawn

But there could easily be more favorites to come.

Anyways, has anyone else listened to the new Janelle Monae album yet? It's called The Archandroid, and it's definitely Grammy-worthy. There's such a nice blend of styles throughout the enire CD, and I love how it's written in "suites" that continued off her first album, The Chase (Suite 1). Seriously, she's a genius.

Yeah that album is crazy good.

I'm probably talking to deaf ears here, but does anyone have any thoughts on the Drake album? I've listened to it a few times over the past few days and can't help but love the production, but Drake's lyrics ranged from good to weak, nothing outstanding nor anything dismal. That's pretty much par for the course for Drake, and I think I was one of many who were expecting his best only to be disappointed, huh? If you like Drake the rapper, this definitely isn't the album for you, its more about Drake the singer.. then again if you like Drake as a rapper wtf is up with you

Janelle Monae is awesome, glad to see her mentioned here!

Drake is all over the map for me. He's got a few really killer tracks and then some really boring shit. Haven't listened to the new album yet though. It's still weird Jimmy from Degrassi is a big hip hop superstar now though.

^ This is why I wanna go to those HUGE European festivals that we have so little of in America.

Agreed. I'd LOVE to get over and see Orbital (among many, many, many others) live at the Glastonbury Festival, but that's never gonna happen. As least they were kind enough to release a live cd/dvd from there.

I caught Orbital in April. It was INCREDIBLE!

Need to let off a little steam? I've got a perfect solution for you, Rocket-Rodder Style. It's a beautiful song called 'Metroplex'. It captures the Big City vibes beautifully, with a 1920's New York flair. All you need now is a hot cup of Chai Latte or Tea, or Iced Chai latte or coffee, and you've got yourself a perfect relaxing night, Rocket Rodder Style.

http://listeninglab.stantons.com/title/metroplex/339828/

Enjoy.