TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Well seeing that SLIPKNOT doesn't sell t-shirts or any merch that includes maggot on it I would say that it is what Joey Jordison(their drummer) and the rest of the 9 call those who are faithful and loyal to the band. Every fanbase needs a name and SLIPKNOT's are Maggots.

--Chris

2165a.jpg.9fe58191b3cc1ccab67ce329cbfe24f6.jpg

Well seeing that SLIPKNOT doesn't sell t-shirts or any merch that includes maggot on it I would say that it is what Joey Jordison(their drummer) and the rest of the 9 call those who are faithful and loyal to the band. Every fanbase needs a name and SLIPKNOT's are Maggots.

--Chris

I knew some one would post that shirt. And well as I guess you could say it is a shirt based on their fanbase Pulse of the Maggots is a Slipknot song devoted to their fans so it could go either way.

The term "maggot" was coined by Slipknots drummer. It symbolizes how, while maggots LOOK repulsive, when put on something like a wound, they only eat the dead and decaying tissue, and leave the good, living tissue. The same with Slipknots fans, they try to rid the world of what they view as evil and unjust and make the world a bit better when they can

Are you sure it's not just a clever marketing scheme by the bands drummer?

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

I'm pretty sure it isn't. Joey's marketing schemes go more along the lines of having his own blood put into a vat of ink used to print on his signature line of drum sticks from ProMark. Either that, or having a signature snare drum and drum set from Pearl and signature line of cymbals from Paiste.

My friends keep telling me that I should listen to Dream Theater because they are really good and I may like them. And I know a certain member here also like Dream Theater so it would be great if somebody could give me a list of their best songs to get started.

--Chris

The glastonbury line up has just been anounced at 10am today:

Glasto Line Up

I personally think it's one of their strongest yet, but I'm a bit annoyed with the other stage line up, it looks terrible. The Script and Lady GaGa... erm no thanks. Apparently the weather that weekend is going to be really hot so it should give them a break from all the mudbath contitions that they have had throughout the past years.

Cheers,

BlackHole2005

My friends keep telling me that I should listen to Dream Theater because they are really good and I may like them. And I know a certain member here also like Dream Theater so it would be great if somebody could give me a list of their best songs to get started.

--Chris

I used to be a big Dream Theater fan. If you are into prog-rock, I'd start with "Images and Words". "Awake", "Falling Into Infinite", "A Change of Seasons", and "Scene's From A Memory" are also good. If you like metal, go with their later stuff, like "Train of Thought", "Octavarium", "Systematic Chaos".

Personally, the only stuff I listen to anymore (occasionally) is Images and Words and some Awake.

^Your in the wrong thread. Go to the "What song are you listening to" thread.

Well technically he is talking about the album so it belongs here. And Incredibad is a sick album. I love Jizz in my pants, I'm on a boat, and Like a boss but Dick in a box is pretty good too.

--Chris

My music taste has pretty much stayed the same since I posted my last list.

But I'm really getting into Metallica more than I was before. But maybe that's because I robbed all my Dad's albums

Also getting into Apocalyptica at the moment, along with Dream Theatre and System Of A Down. Even though I would never be caught listening to any of those three about a month ago...

My music taste has pretty much stayed the same since I posted my last list.

But I'm really getting into Metallica more than I was before. But maybe that's because I robbed all my Dad's albums

Also getting into Apocalyptica at the moment, along with Dream Theatre and System Of A Down. Even though I would never be caught listening to any of those three about a month ago...

Whats so wrong with System?

--Chris

I've never met a ska fan who doesn't like

. Quite frankly, you'd be hard-pressed to find a group of musicians more adept at their instruments, both musically and technically, than they are. (Besides Dream Theater.) Streetlight is basically insanely fast ska with catchy-as-hell lyrics and melodies. They also have some really good slow stuff (the song I linked is a mixture of both slow and fast). One complaint I've always had of slower ska is that their songs can sound incredibly repetitive and boring (I'm looking at you, Sublime). Streetlight is the opposite of that when they choose to do slow.

Ska and punk fans should also check out Big D and the Kids Table. Almost everything they do is so chill and cheerful. I like to consider these guys the Arctic Monkeys of ska. The song I linked to, Shining On, is simply incredible (and the music video is amazing as well).