TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

I've always wondered why people attack rap so much... Is it because it's the most popular form of music amongst young people? I always read comments about how "99% of all teens like rap" or some comment like that...

It's not really that bad of a genre and its no worse than listening to 60s-70s rock music or grindcore/death metal (which is becoming more popular in young people nowadays.)

I've always wondered why people attack rap so much... Is it because it's the most popular form of music amongst young people? I always read comments about how "99% of all teens like rap" or some comment like that...

It's not really that bad of a genre and its no worse than listening to 60s-70s rock music or grindcore/death metal (which is becoming more popular in young people nowadays.)

I can tell you why I dislike some rap

its the same reason I don't listen to any metal on the radio, everyone is pretty much copying everyone else

I'm not into rap at all, much more of a rock/metal person, but I have heard some underground stuff a friend of mine showed me that was fantastic, (don't ask the band name, that was a few years ago, and I don't remember)

Its the same in Metal, alot of the music I listen to is not mainstream, its main purpose is not to be an true expressiosn of the artist, its to make money, some people can do that, and still be creative and good, but the vast majority can't

I am certainly not saying all commercial rap is bad, there are some that I find myself tapping along to, but I appreciate the true nature of underground music, thats just me, i guess

Well, I don't hate rap. Infact I have a lot of it on my computer. Lets see here . . . .

-Beastie Boys

-Old School Eminem

-A few old classic such as "Sorry Miss Jackson, Gangsta Paradise, and Cowboy"

-ICP

I just really don't like most of the new stuff.

Like Solja Boy and Akon, they suck.

Mainly its just the message they send out, and the background noise that I really don't like.

Oh yeah, they played a song called "Ayo Technology" in my school while we where running our laps, and I looked up the lyrics, because I couldn't understand a word the artists where saying.

After finding that out, I thought to myself that my school is not meant for middle schoolers

It's been leaked for a few weeks and just released today, but Eminem's new album Relapse is pretty good. It's not quite on par with The Marshall Mathers LP or The Eminem Show, but it's better than Encore, his last album. It's a good mix of serious and funny, messed up stuff. Can't wait for Relapse 2 later this year.

Well, I don't hate rap. Infact I have a lot of it on my computer. Lets see here . . . .

-Beastie Boys

And speaking of the Beasties, why don't these guys ever get mentioned as one of the greatest bands that formed within the last 30 years (give or take a couple)? Seriously, besides U2, and Bon Jovi (whether you like any of those or not), can anyone name a more successful or influential band that is still intact and cranking out hits? And yes, they are a band.

I'll go ahead and mention Pearl Jam. Even though their more recent efforts haven't garnered as much attention as their earlier albums, they still have a huge, loyal fan base, and produce quality music.

I'm sure I'm missing some, so fire away. I'm interested.

Does anyone here know how to pronounce Bodom? As in Children of Bodom, or Lake Bodom (which COB is named after). I've always pronounced it "Bohd-um" but some of my friends continue to insist that it is "Bode-um" even though its pronounced as the former in the song Bodom After Midnight.

How many albums does DWP have? I have only two (Plagues & With Roots Above and Branches Below).

The Devil Wears Prada has 3 studio albums ear Love A Beautiful Discord, Plagues, Plagues Re-Release with DVD, and With Roots Above And Branches Below. They also have two demos, the first is untitled, the other is Patterns of the Horizon and is basically Dear Love A Beautiful Discord but with better quality.

If there is anything else you want to know just ask because I know a lot about TDWP.

--Chris

I hate all that Maggot 4 life rubbish that slipknot fans use, what the hell is it ment to mean??

Anyway I'm currently into:

Sonic Youth

Pavement

Radiohead

The Flaming Lips

The Polyphonic Spree

David Bowie

and Primal Scream

Also I'm currently listening to the new Lightning Seeds album, it's been about 10 years since they last made an album and it's good to see them back in the studio and back on form again, although it's quite an odd mix of country and pop (not the cheesy radio type) mixed with their old school britpop roots.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

I hate all that Maggot 4 life rubbish that slipknot fans use, what the hell is it ment to mean??

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

The term "maggot" was coined by Slipknots drummer. It symbolizes how, while maggots LOOK repulsive, when put on something like a wound, they only eat the dead and decaying tissue, and leave the good, living tissue. The same with Slipknots fans, they try to rid the world of what they view as evil and unjust and make the world a bit better when they can.

Story time is now over, children.

The term "maggot" was coined by Slipknots drummer. It symbolizes how, while maggots LOOK repulsive, when put on something like a wound, they only eat the dead and decaying tissue, and leave the good, living tissue. The same with Slipknots fans, they try to rid the world of what they view as evil and unjust and make the world a bit better when they can

Are you sure it's not just a clever marketing scheme by the bands drummer?

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

The term "maggot" was coined by Slipknots drummer. It symbolizes how, while maggots LOOK repulsive, when put on something like a wound, they only eat the dead and decaying tissue, and leave the good, living tissue. The same with Slipknots fans, they try to rid the world of what they view as evil and unjust and make the world a bit better when they can

Are you sure it's not just a clever marketing scheme by the bands drummer?

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

Well seeing that SLIPKNOT doesn't sell t-shirts or any merch that includes maggot on it I would say that it is what Joey Jordison(their drummer) and the rest of the 9 call those who are faithful and loyal to the band. Every fanbase needs a name and SLIPKNOT's are Maggots.

--Chris