TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Zeppelin touring... without Plant? WTF?

LAME! He freaking founded the band, but after reading what he says, he sounds very kind about him not wanting to be part of a reunion. But the band also said they were looking for someone who doesn't sing like Plant, which I think is a bad desicion. But hey, we're not ones to decide. And I do not plan on shelling out hundreds of dollars to go see Zeppelin without Plant.

---Brent

Also, what is Ska or Skacore?

Well, socalMAN123 gave a list of the best ska bands ever. You should look some of them up! =]

But, for right now, here is some ska.

Am I allowed to point out that these, and those on the list, are technically only third-wave ska, with the original bouncing out from rocksteady and reggae, in Jamaica in the '60s, and then second-wave being British bands like The Specials, The (English) Beat and The Selecter? =] Sorry to sound like a smart-arse. I do LOVE Reel Big Fish though, must see them when they do their annual February UK trip.

[EDIT/] apologies, having looked back there are older ska bands mentioned =D

Any Clash, Damned, Buzzcocks (etc) fans?

Yeah, I had a look back at your list and noticed them, proves that I should've read before posting - sorry about that!

I'm privileged to have actually seen The Beat and Buzzcocks, and met Mick Jones from The Clash..love my '70s/'80s punk/new wave/ska.

I hate Fall Out Boy. A lot. I can't stand their horrible, un-interesting and hypocritical music, almost as much as i can't stand the people who like them.

I love Fall Out Boy. I'm not sure why I think it's the guyliner. I grew up on Bowie, The Smiths, The Cure, Suede and the Manics, I think it's pobably like a renaissance type thing, but I'm not sure. I'm not to good at thinking.

For those of you tired of traditional holiday music you should listen to Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They play holiday music but with a heavy metal theme. They're concerts are really intense live. They have crazy lazar light shows synced to their music. Check out their official web site if your interested.

http://www.trans-siberian.com/index-main.php

808's & Heartbreak is by far the worst hip-hop album EVER. Kanye West should try to perfect one genre of music, rather than branching off into others without necessarily having the talent to do so. This album is table coaster at best. The fact that all the pop driven songs with a dark hip hop tone make every track seem out of place. This album is a thorne in the paws of true hip hop fans and artists that wish to see the artform return to it's roots. West gets away with putting out an album with minimal effort. Autotuned singing, ghostwriting, and sampled beats, where's the effort?

^ Can it even be considered a hip-hop album? It's more like a mutated form of R&B than anything.

I'm not a huge fan of it, but there's a few songs that are pretty great (Say You Will, LL). I don't mind him branching out, it's not like there are many popular rappers doing complete genre shifts, so it's at least interesting. But I do agree that quite a bit of it seems to be phoned in.

^Well, to be fair I'm letting the fact that I already hate his music influence the way I feel about this album. As an R&B album, it sucks because he's not really singing. As a rap album it sucks because there's no rap. Paranoid, LL and maybe Streetlights are the whole albums' highlights. I hope the sales of this album flop. I know they won't, but a lover of the old school can dream.

Britney Spears New Album Circus arrives tomorrow onto US Store, and Worldwide. She will be performing a Mini Concert taht will be show live by Good Morning America at the Big Apple Circus in New York. The Circus will be release also in a Deluxe Edtion with a DVD

Circus Tracklist:

1.Womanizer

2.Circus

3.Out From Under

4.Kill The Lights

5.Shattered Glass

6.If U Seek Amy

7.Unusual You

8.Blur

9.Mmmm Paoi

10.Mannequin

11.Lace and Leather

12.My Baby

Bonus Track:

13.Radar

Plus DELUXE EDITION

14.Rock Me In

15.Phonography

DVD Inside DELUXE Edition

The making of Circus - 9:33

"Womanizer" music video - 3:45

Photo Gallery - 2:00

Double Poster.

^ Radiohead is amazing. In/Rainbows is one of the greatest albums created.

---Brent

100% agreed. I just got it about two weeks ago (borrowed it from my town's library! ) and they've become one of my most favorite bands. None of my friends like them though! I think they're crazy.

^Well, to be fair I'm letting the fact that I already hate his music influence the way I feel about this album. As an R&B album, it sucks because he's not really singing. As a rap album it sucks because there's no rap. Paranoid, LL and maybe Streetlights are the whole albums' highlights. I hope the sales of this album flop. I know they won't, but a lover of the old school can dream.

I'm not sure why people hate Kanye so much. Sure he's a little nuts and egotistical, but other than this album he is one of the only ones left true to hip-hop. He has some of the best lyrics out there. He's not doing what all the other rappers of this generation are doing and just making club hits. I think everyone should really listen to The College Dropout or Late Registration. The messages on there are great, and a throwback to hip-hop days of old.

For those who love old school hip-hop, check out Q-Tip's album the Renaissance that dropped the beginning of November. He goes back to his Tribe Called Quest days. It is a breath of fresh air with all the other garbage that's out.

^With that said, If you compare Kanye to the like of Talib Kweli, Black thought, Mos Def, Planet Asia, Jurassic 5, or The Pharcyde, would you still think Kanye West keeps the vibe of hip hop alive? Can you compare the lyrical content in "Cant Tell Me Nothin'" to let's say, "Mecca & The Soul Brother" by Pete Rock & CL Smooth? If West tried to get by on lyrical skills and the mediocre producing he does, I'd have no problem with him whatsoever. There is a lot of commercial music I listen to. I just find it slighty contradictory for someone to be so obsessed with the very thing he says in his music is taboo. Being commercial is one thing, but dropping "All Falls Down", and Living live in "Flashing lights" seems like you don't really create music to express a certain message or agenda. There's nothing wrong with making music solely for money, West just lies about it. Lies to us, and lies to himself.