TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

^ They've eased up on that, though. They didn't play it AT ALL from 98 to 2001. I can't remember the exact gig, but there was a show in England during the Amnesiac tour where they were supposed to play "Motion Picture Soundtrack" during the encore, but some instrument wasn't working, and they played "Creep" for the first time in years. The crowd went nuts.

It's been on their set lists sporadically since then. Maybe 15-20 times. I know I saw them do it in LA at the Bowl during the "Hail To The Thief" Tour, and at Coachella in 2004. I'm 99% sure they played it a few times during their 2006 tour, as well. I don't think Thom hates it as much as he did during the OKC/Kid A period. The band has obviously matured light years beyond that song, it's so weird that people still associate the band with that when basically everything they've done since then is a billion times better.

"Stay Positive"...I like it but I'm not in love with it. I think "Separation Sunday" and "Boys & Girls in America" are both essentially flawless, and I guess it's selfish to think that they'd get three in a row, but I have trouble connecting with a portion of the material.

I have to agree with you about that, I was hoping that their new album would be absolutely brilliant but the only song that I really love on there is Magazines. I also find it much more mellower then the other albums. Boys and girls in america is definately my favourite album of the whole four. I know what you mean about his lyrics, I was reading the Q Magazine a couple of months before the album was released and he said that the album would be all about midlife crisis and stuff like that, but then when I listened to it it sounded like the same old hold steady style lyrics.

I your into that kind of music, I really reccomend you go get an album by the band British Sea Power, their brilliant and their lyrics are amazing, and also the album The Seldom Seen Kid by Elbow, which is a beautifull album.

Cheers,

BlackHole2005

One of my favorite bands is on there 1st tour! Is anyone a fan of Hollywood Undead?

Oh yea! I love HU. I have been listening to them for about a year now. I love the older stuff best. Before they you know got signed and all. Their CD is pretty good. I'm glad they have some of the older songs on there like "No. 5," and "Sell Your Soul." However, I really liked the song "B*tches," and was dissapointed that it wasn't on the CD.

They aren't coming anywhere near the St. Louis area so I won't be seeing them on this tour. Hopefully they will come to Pop's sometime though.

If that's Bruce fans as in Bruce Springsteen then I'm definately not one. I hate him, I hate his music.

And fans of the Greats, Such as:

- Iron Maiden

- Metallica

- Megadeth

- Guns 'N' Roses

- Aerosmtih

- Black Sabbath

- 30 Seconds To Mars

- And my Personal Favourite - Avenged Sevenfold

By the looks of it though it seems that KPWoCkAxX's only musical taste is bland heavy metal bands, or as I like to call them "Cool" bands. People at my school listen to heavy metal bands to fit in to the cool crowds of people in my school, when somebody shows them anything thats different or "Uncool" they stick their noses up and say the band is crap. Those are not the greats, they are the greats to all the popular people in your school who you are trying to copy. Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Sir Paul Mcartney, Kanye West, now they are all the greats who have inspired generations. I'll let you off with Metallica as they were one of the origionals but all the rest, well, can you say bland?

Cheers,

BalckHole2005

I really don't have an issue with KPW's list except the for the last two bands. Most of those bands are/were pretty vital to the popularity and creative thrust of hard rock and metal.

If anyone wants to read a really great book about the influence of 80's hard rock/glam rock/metal, pick up Chuck Klosterman's "Fargo Rock City". It's an awesome read that actually does a fantastic job of legitimizing the historical relevance of the 80's rock scene.

Those are not the greats, they are the greats to all the popular people in your school who you are trying to copy. Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Sir Paul Mcartney, Kanye West, now they are all the greats who have inspired generations.

I need to type this out to make sure I actually read that correctly. Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Sir Paul McCartney, and KANYE WEST have all inspired generations?

Kanye West has inspired generations? I'm not saying Kanye can't throw down or anything, but I'd say that's a *bit* generous to mention his name with the others in your list. Substitute Run DMC, 2Pac, Public Enemy, etc, etc. and then you're a bit more on course in the rap department.

By the way, Wes, what did you think of VH1's Top 100 Hip Hop Songs of all Time list?

100 Biz Markie - "Just A Friend"

99 Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz ft/ Ying Yang Twins - "Get Low"

98 Warren G ft. Nate Dogg - "Regulate"

97 Eve - "Who's that Girl"

96 DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - "Parents Just Don't Understand"

95 L'Trimm - "Cars With The Boom"

94 Master P ft. Sikk, Fiend, Mia-x and Mystical - "Make 'Em Say Ugh"

93 N.E.R.D. ft. Lee Harvey and Vida - "Lapdance"

92 Yo-Yo - "Can't Play with my Yo-Yo"

91 Chamillionaire ft. Krayzie Bone - "Ridin'"

90 Pete Rock & CL Smooth - "They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y)"

89 Cam'ron - "Oh Boy"

88 Jungle Brothers - "What U Waitin' 4"

87 Wyclef Jean ft. Refugee All Stars - "We Tryin' to Stay Alive"

86 Heavy D. and the Boyz - "Now That We Found Love"

85 Black Star - "Definition"

84 UTFO - "Roxanne Roxanne"

83 2 Live Crew - "Me So Horny"

82 Chubb Rock - "Treat 'Em Right"

81 PM Dawn - "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss"

80 Three 6 Mafia ft. Paula Campbell- "Hard Out Here For A Pimp"

79 DMX - "Ruff Ryders' Anthem (Stop Drop)"

78 Arrested Development - "Tennessee"

77 Cold Crush Brothers - "Cold Crush Bros. at the Dixie"

76 Big Punisher ft. Joe- "Still Not A Player"

75 Lil' Kim ft. Lil' Cease- "Crush on You"

74 EPMD - "You Gots To Chill"

73 Black Sheep - "The Choice Is Yours"

72 J.J. Fad - "Supersonic"

71 Whodini - "Freaks Come Out at Night"

70 3(rd) Bass - "Pop Goes the Weasel"

69 Common - "I Used to Love H.E.R."

68 T.I. - "What You Know"

67 Mase - "Feel So Good"

66 House Of Pain - "Jump Around"

65 Spoonie Gee and The Treacherous Three - "Love Rap"

64 The Roots - "What they Do"

63 Kid 'n Play - "Rollin' With Kid N Play"

62 Digable Planets - "Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat)"

61 Slick Rick - "Children's Story"

60 L.L. Cool J - "I Need Love"

59 Ol' Dirty Bastard - "Shimmy Shimmy Ya"

58 Ludacris ft. Shawna- "What's Your Fantasy"

57 Big Daddy Kane - "I Get the Job Done"

56 Busta Rhymes - "Woo-Ha! Got You All In Check"

55 Terror Squad ft/ Fat Joe and Remy - "Lean Back"

54 MC Lyte - "Cha Cha Cha"

53 Lox ft. DMX and Lil' Kim - "Money, Power, Respect"

52 Foxy Brown ft. Jay-Z - "I'll Be"

51 Doug E. Fresh & the Get Fresh Crew - "The Show"

50 Lil' Wayne - "Tha Block Is Hot"

49 Boogie Down Productions - "My Philosophy"

48 Nas - "One Love"

47 Young MC - "Bust A Move"

46 De La Soul - "Me, Myself, And I"

45 Geto Boys - "Mind Playing Tricks On Me"

44 Method Man ft/ Mary J. Blige - "I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need to Get By"

43 Game, The ft. 50 Cent - "Hate It or Love It"

42 Roxanne Shante - "Roxanne's Revenge"

41 Funky 4 + 1 - "That's the Joint"

40 Run-DMC - "It's Like That"

39 Tone-Loc - "Wild Thing"

38 Coolio - "Gangsta's Paradise"

37 Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock - "It Takes Two"

36 Nelly - "Hot In Herre"

35 Queen Latifah ft. Monie Love - "Ladies First"

34 Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain"

33 Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - "Tha Crossroads"

32 Puff Daddy & The Family ft/ Notorious B.I.G., Lil' Kim and The Lox - "It's All About The Benjamins"

31 Kool Moe Dee - "How Ya Like Me Now"

30 Tribe Called Quest - "Check the Rhime"

29 Digital Underground - "The Humpty Dance"

28 Ice Cube - "It Was A Good Day"

27 Beastie Boys - "Hold it Now, Hit it"

26 MC Hammer - "U Can't Touch This"

25 Fugees - "Killing Me Softly"

24 Eric B and Rakim - "Paid in Full"

23 Outkast - "B.O.B."

22 Naughty By Nature - "OPP"

21 Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force- "Planet Rock"

20 Kanye West ft/ Jamie Foxx - "Gold Digger"

19 Ice T - "Colors"

18 50 Cent - "In Da Club"

17 Sir Mix-A-Lot - "Baby Got Back"

16 Missy Elliott - "Get Ur Freak On"

15 Eminem - "Stan"

14 Tupac - "I Get Around"

13 Wu-Tang Clan - "C.R.E.A.M."

12 L.L. Cool J - "I Can't Live Without My Radio"

11 Jay-Z - "Hard Knock Life"

10 Kurtis Blow - "The Breaks"

09 Salt-N-Pepa - "Push It"

08 Snoop Doggy Dogg - "Gin and Juice"

07 Notorious B.I.G. - "Juicy"

06 N.W.A. - "Straight Outta Compton"

05 Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five - "The Message"

04 Run-DMC ft/ Aerosmith - "Walk This Way"

03 Dr. Dre - "Nuthin But A 'G' Thang"

02 Sugarhill Gang - "Rapper's Delight"

01 Public Enemy - "Fight The Power"

I'm generally not a fan of any TOP ### LIST because I think it's a bit arbitrary and there's usually very little analysis of why things are ordered the way they are, but for what is it, it's not terrible. ODB, Black Star need to be higher up, Eric B and Rakim and Tupac should be Top 10. There's a few that make me cringe.It also seems they didn't want to repeat any artists.

But anything with Public Enemy at #1 is good.

And fans of the Greats, Such as:

- Iron Maiden

- Metallica

- Megadeth

- Guns 'N' Roses

- Aerosmtih

- Black Sabbath

- 30 Seconds To Mars

- And my Personal Favourite - Avenged Sevenfold

I don't know why but that list is just like my favorite list, only its missing Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Slipknot, and Disturbed. Everyone who knows me knows that I like about all heavy metal music, but when I bring up Slipknot and A7X, they ask why? Then some would say that they are nothing compared to they Heavy Metal Gods. But IMO they are Gods of metal also. So keep on listening to A7X KPWoCkAxX.

--Chris

Anyone like Twisted Sister?

Im dressing up like dee snider for halloween and jumping out at kids and sings Were Not Gonna Take it!

Oh, I wanna see that!

Take pictures please.

I'm gonna try and get the materials to make myself a schoolboy outfit and be Angus Young with the horns and all.

^^Think of it as the campier side of already campy hair metal and rebellion. They meant to be over the top and goofy. THAT's what made them fun and entertaining. There were plenty of bands trying to be hard a** and more evil than the next. Dee and company were taking a humerous poke at that and just having fun.

Think of a band today that pokes fun at it's own genre and itself, and you'll see what I mean.

I'm generally not a fan of any TOP ### LIST because I think it's a bit arbitrary and there's usually very little analysis of why things are ordered the way they are, but for what is it, it's not terrible. ODB, Black Star need to be higher up, Eric B and Rakim and Tupac should be Top 10. There's a few that make me cringe.It also seems they didn't want to repeat any artists.

But anything with Public Enemy at #1 is good.

Yeah, same here. Top ### Lists are usually just good to remind me of certain songs I had forgotten about and need to buy in iTunes. But with some obvious cringe-worthy exceptions, I thought they did a decent job of putting together a cross section of some of the more significant songs in hip hop history. And yes, PE at #1 was certainly a bonus. I honestly didn't expect to see that, although I'm definitely not questioning it.