TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Decided to start listening to all the Cirque du Soleil soundtracks,

to productions I/we have seen thru the years. Including my one

time chance-of-a-lifetime to see ZED in Tokyo Disneyland. (2011)

We saw 10 productions including one coliseum show (Toruk) and

one movie (Journey of Man, IMAX). And I have the cds to all.

amaluna-blue-small.jpg.9b503bca8ea24b2ea5dd9e0b5fe6a5b7.jpg

What I am currently listening to.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Listening to the awesome Broadway cast recording (they got it out before the Broadway shutdown in March) of JAGGED LITTLE PILL. It's an amazing cast that sings the album so beautifully.

The Broadway's TONY AWARDS' nominations are being revealed on Thursday. For a (probable) December broadcast. I am pretty sure that this musical will get a bunch of stuff, nominated.  Along with Moulin Rouge: The Musical. And the "Tina Turner Musical."😃

https://www.amazon.com/Jagged-Little-Original-Broadway-Recording/dp/B07Z74ZYJX/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=jagged+little+pill&qid=1602731147&sr=8-2

JaggedLittlePill.jpg

I hope a touring production of it, comes to Vancouver, eventually. (o:

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to be "in the season", so am listening to past holiday cds I have bought through the years.

Tonight is a great treat - Bette Midler and her Cool Yule album. Released in 2006. Really nice stuff.

CoolYule-Midler.png.24b0528c2437c0497f4033b30f1dfbf2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting lately, that the iconic number "The Christmas Song", co-written by Mel Torme, has now gone through a "slight lyric alteration."

The line "And folks dressed up like eskimos," is now replaced with "And folks dressed up in ties and bows".... or omitted entirely, as is the case with the well known Nat King Cole recording of it. It's just music where the line goes. Which sounds really off. The replacement line is okay, and at least fits in the timing and rhyming of the song.

Still, interesting to see if there's other songs out there, getting "slightly adjusted" lyric-wise. 🎄

P.S. Actually, an earlier Holiday lyric re-write went to "Have Yourself A merry Little Christmas." Near the end of the song, the line "Hang a shining star upon the highest bough," became "Until then, we'll have to muddle through, some how."

the_more_you_know.gif.e146d4c2fa10130812f116d05bbde216.gif

Jingle Jingle.

Now having a "Great Big Holiday Band Time" with Jane Lynch (yes it's GLEE's nasty Sue) and friends singing lots of different holiday songs as well as classics and faves of the time. She's really a good singer, when it's all in the right range for her, which it is for this CD!

SwinginChristmas-Lynch.png.2ca4f7af3cb0636c373372bcfbb30404.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now listening to wild re-imagining of Dolly Parton's classic Jolene with full orchestra strings et al.  Sung by Parton, too.

Truly mind blowing listening to this! 🤯 Produced by Linda Perry. Amay - zing!

And I just found out........it was a one ~ take ~ taping!

Listening to one of The Best Theme Park Soundtrack cds, IMhO, ever. For Tokyo DisneySea. I know there's probably a new one released by now, but this one is a pretty thorough collection of musical themes throughout the park, and it's attractions. I bought this copy back in 2011. Never get tired of replaying it.

MusicAlbum2011.png.70ab235abe8adfd78d828b0bdc659f85.png

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to a wonderful cast recording of an Original London show - The Witches of Eastwick....the Musical.

It's great, really! Always wondered why it never made it "across the pond" to the Great Broad-Way. Hmmm.

WitchesEastwick.jpg.c33d6c8a61c46ba4c15a60fa0ad6967c.jpg

Lucille Ball's daughter Lucie Arnaz was in it, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Now listening to one of my absolute Go To CDs, in all the recordings I have.. LPs, 45s, CDs, etc.

It's a classic. It's 1993. It's live. And it's Marc Almond!  I love it, still!

marc-almondLIVE.jpg.e37f39a9a3ebc4ff05f3b8a065e980ea.jpg

• Like 1

^ can't go wrong with that. . .it's got Soft Cell and his solo stuff.

(and my all time favorite, "Bedsitter" is on there  . . .really shame they kept "Sex Dwarf" off it tho).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimboWombo said:

Anyone into German bands?

Well, besides Rammstein and Die Toten Hosen (and those who play songs in English)

Wanna share AnnenMayKantereit with you

I'm a big fan of Industrial/Darkwave - which by it's nature, includes a lot of German bands.

in particular, I'm a huge fan of Das Ich - seen them a number of times, most recently in late 2019

IMG_4445.thumb.JPG.6d9167dffc0d78ebc3287aea50fcea56.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to an awesome live performance at Carnegie Hall in New York city .... "Peter Allen Captured LIVE at Carnegie Hall".

A cd that covers a 2 LP release back in 1985. I have the LPs in their original cover. And I wondered if i would

ever hear this amazing live recording again. Today, I got the cd of the LPs.

The concert was in 1984. The LPs came out in 1985. And I saw him LIVE on Australia Day at our 1986 World's Fair!

PeterAllenCarnegieHall.png.1683049125f3eaa167829d84331a2234.png

Now listening to what I think is another Stephen Schwartz musical masterpiece, this being The Prince of Egypt, in London.

The lead, Moses, is brilliant vocal wise.  The photo of him in the enclosed booklet helps, too. Woof.

It's great, I love it already - sadly, it closed less than a month after it opened last year, because of You-Know-What.

Hopefully, they'll be able to reopen it, hopefully with this same wonderful cast! 👏

PrinceofEgypt2020UK.png.5da8d769f0430a7d2118847064b96ffd.png

And could they ~ would they bring this to Broadway? It's a brilliantly scored musical, really.

PrinceofEgypt2020UK01.png.7e2a91e1c62eaa22d062efc1289c18b7.png

The London cast leads. With Mr. Woof {Moses} on the right.

Hey, Str8 or G'eh, you are most welcome. ☺️

• 6 months later...

It seems to me, that they accidently released cover art for Adele's upcoming album .... Adele 30.

What's extra interesting to me, is that for this notebook, her name has dropped the second "e" = Adel.

On both sides of the notebook. Hmmm.... Anyway, it's coming out soon YAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Adele30.png.ff082023e6be0ed71f0213d4bf4bf353.png

Front of it....

Adele30a.png.918e63d6ea3a8479e74be28d3321e8da.png

...and the back of it. I think it says "Queen Of/On Paper" underneath ADEL.

• 1 month later...

^ Well, that was all wrong. Apparently some Fan's doing. But ....

The new Adele album, 30, comes out next weekend. Which then made me think....

Maybe for her next album, she calls it No Age Required🎶

(Just a suggestion, Adele. Looking forward to this new one.)

• 5 weeks later...

Listening to a great holiday album, featuring all of the cast from Broadway's HADEStown.

It's really good, and uses the musical style of the musical itself, to frame some favourites.

Honestly, I believe this is the first Holiday album to be made by a Broadway cast ... ever.

https://www.amazon.com/If-Fates-Allow-Hadestown-Holiday/dp/B08KV81ZGX/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=if+the+fates+allow&qid=1639356139&sr=8-3

IfTheFatesAllow2020.png.6b6fa64e65c87f497568e21b1e42bae9.png

Available through Amazon.com 🎁

Now listening to The Tenors ~ Christmas Together CD.

They put a marvelous spin on that old Coke jingle "I'd like to teach the world to sing...." with a story behind it. Just love it.

And their "Mary Did You Know?" is strangely freeky in how they musically unload all the future onto Her.

But I still enjoyed it.

TheTenorsChristmas.png.2a76aee6aecf5ea1abcf98243d4af779.png

• 2 weeks later...