TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

3 more

1.)Elliphant- Swedish reggae, but I think she is too edgy for my taste, sometimes.

2.)MGMT- psychedelic

3.)TV on the radio- I just love their song happy idiot.

90s-Bush & Garbage-I loved songs from Sixteen Stone and the album Version 2.0 with songs like Special.

early '00s- Dido-I just loved her songs from Life for Rent.

Edited by Massdynamic

I've become obsessed with two new albums.

Imagine Dragon's Smoke + Mirrors is a great sophomore album, and has such a wide variety of genres. You have "Shots" which has a soft pop feel, all the way to "I'm So Sorry" and "Friction" which are full out rock songs. They're coming to my home town in June, but of course our family happened to schedule our vacation to Gulf Shores on the same date.

George Ezra's debut album Wanted on Voyage has a feel similar to Mumford and Son's. "Budapest", "Blame It On Me", and "Did You Hear the Rain?" are all excellent. He has a folk sound to him and mixes it with other genres such as blues. He's going to be an artist to watch, for sure.

I love so many genres of music, my tastes range from...

Bjork, Tricky, Portishead, Brandy, Beyonce, The Sound Defects, Lady Gaga, Usher, Jay-Z, KoRn, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Bonobo, DJ Shadow, Kendrick Lamar, Goldfrapp, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Massive Attack, Laika, Pharcyde, A Tribe Called Quest, Tosca, Madonna, Lemon Jelly, The Offspring, Tweet, Lana Del Rey, Kelis, Missy Elliott, Phantogram, Big Sean, U.N.K.L.E., Static X

Sufjan Stevens' new album "Carrie & Lowell" might be some of his best work. I almost slept on this album, but if you like Sufjan's other stuff or folk ballads in general, I'd recommend it. It's a tearjerker though

That album is beautiful, I've always been a big fan of the 'everything-and-the-kitchen-sink' approach to his arrangements on the previous 2 albums to this, but the sparse, hushed atmosphere on C&L is haunting. The lyrics are also sad as balls

Panic! at the Disco has a new single coming out Monday all but confirming a new album that's been suspected. That's going to be my most anticipated album of the year followed closely Twenty One Pilots new album, Blurryface. That is of course unless Gotye releases his album this year but I think that's going to be next year.

Edit: It's here and it's fantastic.

Edited by BigBomer

Panic! at the Disco has a new single coming out Monday all but confirming a new album that's been suspected. That's going to be my most anticipated album of the year followed closely Twenty One Pilots new album, Blurryface. That is of course unless Gotye releases his album this year but I think that's going to be next year.

Edit: It's here and it's fantastic.

I'm so happy. I honestly thought they were gonna break up after their drummer left. Their singer, Brendon Urie, said in an interview that he's not sure if the next album will be a Panic! album or a solo album. I really want to see them live again. HALLELUJAH!

I love so many genres of music, my tastes range from...

Bjork, Tricky, Portishead, Brandy, Beyonce, The Sound Defects, Lady Gaga, Usher, Jay-Z, KoRn, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Bonobo, DJ Shadow, Kendrick Lamar, Goldfrapp, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Massive Attack, Laika, Pharcyde, A Tribe Called Quest, Tosca, Madonna, Lemon Jelly, The Offspring, Tweet, Lana Del Rey, Kelis, Missy Elliott, Phantogram, Big Sean, U.N.K.L.E., Static X

Wait... are you saying that Nicki Minaj is better than Eminem???

• 3 weeks later...

Judging by most of the posts in this thread, most of TPR doesn't like rap music...but it's actually my favorite genre. Here are a few of my favorites. (P.S., some of these songs have some naughty words!!1!1!!!1!!)

This song is going to be played on Top 40 radio stations by tomorrow. Trust me. Best song to do the Whip Dance to.

I love this song so much. Not only are the beats and the lyrics good, he can sing too.

The lyrics in this song could be questionable, but it's a very catchy song and they can all sing really good.

Everybody can love this song, no matter what genre they prefer. It's extremely catchy.

Last one. This song was just released, and everything about it is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkIKOqs_ZP0

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mayday Parade has officially announced their new album Black Lines. You'll be able to pre-order it on July 30 along with a new single called Keep in Mind, Transmogrification is a New Technology. Here's the track listing:

1. One Of Them Will Destory The Other (feat. Dan Lambton)

2. Just Out Of Reach

3. Hollow

4. Letting Go

5. Let’s Be Honest

6. Keep In Mind, Transmogrification Is A New Technology

7. Narrow

8. Underneath The Tide

9. All On Me

10. Until You’re Big Enough

11. Look Up And See Infinity, Look Down And See Nothing

12. One Of Us

I can't get a picture of the cover art but you can see it on pretty much any article about this album.

I love Mayday Parade and am really exited for this album. If you don't know them, I really suggest you check them out. You can hear a sample of the new single on their Facebook page. Now we wait for an announcement from Panic! At the Disco.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need your guys' help. I can't for the life of me find the name of a certain song. It's a rock song, and sounds Metallica-ish or newer, but it could be older, I'm not sure. It goes, "something something revoluuuuution, yeeeaaaahhh" and is a slower paced rock song. I know that's not much to go off, but I think they might say constitution sometimes instead of revolution in different parts? I can hear it perfectly in my head, but can't find it, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I was supposed to see The Amity Affliction, Cruel Hands, The Plot in You on Sunday in Boston but my friend backed out after I bought tickets, and now I have to sell this god damn ticket before then or I'm out $25.

It's a shame because I like those bands, but I don't have a ride into or out of Boston, which makes it impossible for me to go.

^

I just backed out of a concert I had tickets for (thankfully I hadn't yet invited anyone), and am defecting to another show that night. It was between bands I've collectively seen 6 times plus another band I really like, or a band I've seen once plus two bands I like a little/am slightly curious about. I'm sure I've made the more expensive but ultimately best choice.

I backed out of Eyehategod in Boston last year when I had tickets because some stuff happened at the last minute that would have made it extremely difficult to go and I also had to back out of Revocation there back in April because of car issues (made up for the latter by catching them in Hartford a few days later; basically got out of work at like 8:30pm and tore off down 91 to get there right as they were finishing their soundcheck). Definitely not missing Hate Eternal on the 27th, though; it'll be worth the Brighton Music Hall's godawful parking situation.

After hearing the new Adele single "Hello" on the radio a few times.... I'm not quite sure this is "the first hit" of the

new album they are hoping for. It hasn't "stayed with me" and it's another kind of 'downer song' she put into her "21" album.

Which is a fantastic album, by the way. I love it and have her Royal Albert Hall dvd, too. And the "19" cd as well.

But - I think there's got to be something more interesting and amazing from her, than this first release.

I just got tix to see Deerhunter for my third time at a cozy little venue near my house the week of my birthday, first week of December. First time I saw them was 2010 in NYC, and then again in 2013 at the same venue I'll see them at in a little over a month.

Any fans here? For the unfamiliar they are an awesome little weirdo indie rock band based in Atlanta and have been putting out LPs once every other year since 2005, each always very different from the last but always unmistakably them, and I love each of them. Here's a few of their latest songs from their new LP, Fading Frontier.