TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

KISS has officially released their collaboration with Momoiro Clover Z (a HUGE girl band in Japan).

the video is all kinds of fun, and the song is pretty good.

this is the version Japan gets, with MCZ getting main vocals and KISS singing backup:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I prefer the American version of the song, with KISS (Paul) singing lead in English, and MCZ doing backups.

in English the song is called "Samurai Son" and tho not officially released here yet, here's a fan video of the American version:

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/wAUsDqp6yE4[/youtu_be]

• 4 weeks later...

So I just released my first original song, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to share my music, so i'll add to the discussion by mentioning that i've been listening to Panda Bear's new album nonstop. Here's my song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKqlPyiAeEQ

There's some other stuff on my bandcamp if you like it https://p-sychiatrist.bandcamp.com/

^ thanks for the feedback!

I don't usually use autotune, I just wanted to experiment with it on this track. For this song I was heavily inspired by Daft Punk's "Something About Us" and Kanye West's "Blood On The Leaves". I just like the juxtaposition of emotional lyrics and robotic voices, but I see how it can overwhelm the message and melody of the song.

Love Muse, can't wait to see what they do. I wonder if it will be their more "traditional" apocalyptic/crazy alt rock (Absolution, Black Holes & Revelations, Origin of Symmetry, etc.) or bounce around genres like The 2nd Law (and The Resistance to a lesser extent) did. Either way, I'm looking forward to whatever they do next. If you haven't seen them live, I highly recommend it. I can't even enjoy their recordings as much as I used to, that's how much better they are live!

• 3 weeks later...

Tame Impala just dropped a new single called "Let It Happen", and it's the best thing since "Let It Go"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLIZzqZdLYw

But for real, Tame Impala just confirmed an album release in 2015, Muse keeps teasing about their upcoming album Drones and tweeted that a big announcement is coming tomorrow, and Kendrick Lamar is still keeping his album title, tracklist, and artwork secret until the March 23rd release!! What an exciting year for music!

*Update* New Muse album release date and artwork!

June 9th, get hyped

unnamed5.jpg

I liked The 2nd Law, but it definitely wasn't my favorite album they've done. Have any of you listened to Kendrick Lamar's new album "To Pimp A Butterfly"? If you liked "Good Kid, Maad City" definitely check this one out. Musically, thematically, and lyrically, it's the best album I've heard in years!

I liked The 2nd Law, but it definitely wasn't my favorite album they've done. Have any of you listened to Kendrick Lamar's new album "To Pimp A Butterfly"? If you liked "Good Kid, Maad City" definitely check this one out. Musically, thematically, and lyrically, it's the best album I've heard in years!

I liked Good Kid, Maad City, I'll have to check this one out.

Most Anticipated Albums of 2015 (For Me)

1. American Beauty/American Psycho- Fall Out Boy (Exceeded my expectations [N-N-N-NOVOCAINE!])

2. Mayday Parade's New Album (Confirmed that they're making one.)

3. Panic! At The Disco's New Album (Not confirmed yet, but if they keep following the pattern, it'll happen this year.)

4. Drones- Muse (Heard "Psycho", was extremely exited. Heard "Dead Inside", a little less excited.)

Edited by Trevor Hamilton

I bought of copy of James McMurtry's Complicated Game, and thought it was great. He's the son of Larry Lonesome Dove McMurtry and one of the best song writers working today.

Here's a sample.

I just realized that a lot of you probably don't know who Mayday Parade is. And, this most likely isn't the best place to show my love for Fall Out Boy considering that the second post on this thread was about how much Fall Out Boy sucks . Anyway, if you like pop-punk, alternative, or rock, check out Mayday Parade. A great song to start out with is "Jamie All Over" or "Oh Well, Oh Well".

^^ that's a pretty sweet song. Never heard of McMurty before but there's some sweet guitar work on that track, i'll have to look up more stuff from that album.

I just realized that a lot of you probably don't know who Mayday Parade is. And, this most likely isn't the best place to show my love for Fall Out Boy considering that the second post on this thread was about how much Fall Out Boy sucks . Anyway, if you like pop-punk, alternative, or rock, check out Mayday Parade. A great song to start out with is "Jamie All Over" or "Oh Well, Oh Well".

And LOL! There's nothing wrong with liking Fall Out Boy. Even though I was never super into them, I still respect their ability to write insanely catchy music! The people hating on them in this forum back in 2005 (when they first started getting big) seem like the typical "all pop is crap, it's not real music unless it has an 8 minute long guitar solo" jerks. Anyone who hates on you or picks on the music you love doesn't understand how to appreciate music themselves! Nothing wrong with having an opinion or disliking a band, I'm just talking about the people who go out of their way to criticize other people's taste in music.

Gotye just finished performing concerts with his band, The Basics, and has started to focus on finishing his new album that should come out next year. This excites me, hopefully he'll have at least one mainstream hit so he can stopped being pegged as the "Somebody That I Used to Know guy".

Love that misterwives song! Also like Metronomy at the moment and their song 'the look'. Lykke Li (like a Swedish Lady Gaga)-love her songs-I follow rivers, and never gonna love again. Used to listen to the Klaxons way back in the day--Golden Skans etc.. Royksopp-I've only heard part of JR and not SR, but loved song Happy up here. Bjork stuff that isn't too bizarre-It's oh so quiet, and some la roux-In for the Kill.

Edited by Massdynamic