TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, I am really liking Kendrick Lamar and Frank Ocean. The songs in either album have good beats, and they both have a good mix of fun/funny songs, and deep, thoughtful songs. I am also LOVING Ed Sheeran. He is amazing. The songs are really deep, and can definitely pull emotions.

A good friend of mine has a brother in a band and I think you should check it out. She checked with her brother and he gave the okay for me to promote their stuff here. Their band is called Follow The Way and they just released an EP called Weapon of Choice. They are a prog metal band reminiscent of the 80s style of heavy metal with a very melodic sound. Here's the 3 songs they've released.

I just grabbed a copy of the new Crystal Castles record "(III)" earlier this week. It's probably their best album to date and "Wrath of God", "Plague", "Affection" and "Violent Youth" are all standouts. One of the best electronic releases this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVm2_ojQtk

Crystal Castles - "Plague (Official Video)"

Crystal Castles - "Affection"

• 2 weeks later...
I just grabbed a copy of the new Crystal Castles record "(III)" earlier this week. It's probably their best album to date and "Wrath of God", "Plague", "Affection" and "Violent Youth" are all standouts. One of the best electronic releases this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVm2_ojQtk

Crystal Castles - "Plague (Official Video)"

Crystal Castles - "Affection"

Crystal Castles is beautiful. I love their song "Empathy."

I was trying to look for their albums at Hot Topic, but couldn't find it. I have them on my Ipod though.

Do any of you like Indie bands like The Dandy Worholds, Miles Kayne, Pink Floyd, Foster the People, or Gorillaz?

^ Love Miles Kane, saw him at a festival in switzerland at ridiculous o'clock in the morning.

Other bands I'm really into right now are Alt-J, Django Django, Palma Violets, The Maccabees and many others.

Highly recommend Jake Bugg also, he's young but his lyrics are very mature and his influences are older bands.

Lucky. I love his song 're-arrange."

Another song I took liking on is this old alternative/indie song from the 80's by The Smith's called "What Difference does it make."

an amazing song, make sure you listen to it ^_^.

Also, anybody remember Depeche Mode?, the old indie band from the 90's, I love their song "Enjoy the Silence."

Does anybody listen to Greenday?, I don't listen to them much anymore, I like their older songs better, but I heard Billie Joe's still going to be in rehab for a while

Yeah, I like Green Day. It depends for me, some of their newer stuff is really good (Know Your Enemy) while some of the other stuff is terrible. I prefer some of the older songs, especially the original "Welcome to Paradise" and "Warning."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anybody listen to Greenday?, I don't listen to them much anymore, I like their older songs better, but I heard Billie Joe's still going to be in rehab for a while

Yeah, I like Green Day. It depends for me, some of their newer stuff is really good (Know Your Enemy) while some of the other stuff is terrible. I prefer some of the older songs, especially the original "Welcome to Paradise" and "Warning."

+1

They r awesome !!!! The lyrics are amazing!

I love the album best. And I haven't listened their 2012 new albums yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this song I just heard, and I don't usually like music that genre, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVQtCcBZMo

+1

They r awesome !!!! The lyrics are amazing!

I love the album best. And I haven't listened their 2012 new albums yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVQtCcBZMo

Yeah, I used to listen to Greenday a lot back in late 2005- 2006 when I still listened to Evanescence. I loved their songs American Idiot, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and Holiday. I still listen to those songs on occasion I feel like if they listened to themselves now back then, they would say "that's stupid."

Edited by ArundelHigh Coasters

^ Ugh... I can't stand Mumford and Sons. They call themselves rock but they aren't. Rock is bands like Shinedown, Halestorm, Evanescence, and Alter Bridge. Mumford and Sons, Foster The People, Neon Trees, and FUN. are pop, yet they all call themselves rock.

Anyway, I've started listening to The Eagles, and they are probably my favorite band right now. Evanescence is also really high on the list, Amy Lee's voice is haunting and always gives me chills when I listen to most of the songs from Fallen.

^ Ugh... I can't stand Mumford and Sons. They call themselves rock but they aren't. Rock is bands like Shinedown, Halestorm, and Alter Bridge. Mumford and Sons, Foster The People, Neon Trees, and FUN. are pop, yet they all call themselves rock.

Foster The People is more of Indie Pop actually, I love them too. I'm kind taking a like on all these indie bands, and classical rock rather than the heavy metal I used to listen to before. I still like heavy metal, but I feel like indie rock is more of my thing now, especially indie rock.

I just don't like indie music. I also hate how real talent is being replaced by computers (see dubstep, rap, and most pop artists). Bands like Rush (who still sounds great live even though the guys are 60), Evanescence (whose lead singer is one of the last women whose natural voice is the one heard on the albums and concerts), aren't as popular as the artists who really have no talent at all.