TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Maybe when you get your license and a car you can take yourself? Otherwise... come to Cali!! We have things like Spirit West Coast.

Or help me plot to go to this: http://www.kingsfestival.com/

TFK, Skillet, KJ-53, Kutless, Nine Lashes, TobyMac, RED, Manafest, and more!

Or this: http://www.spiritsongfest.com/index.php

Similar bands, except not TFK but Family Force 5 is going.

(It's hugely important to note the locations of these. 'Nuff said!!)

I've never been to ANY concert. The closest they come is RFK Stadium in D.C. My parents DO NOT feel like going to D.C. for anything other than hockey games. Someday I will go to one, but not anytime soon.

I've been to one concert in my life,it was a Charlie Daniels concert at my local fair.

So I'm not the only person who doesn't attend a lot of shows? I'd describe the number of bands I've seen as only "several," whereas it feels like everyone else goes to shows all the time (or at least have seen many over the years).

So I'm not the only person who doesn't attend a lot of shows? I'd describe the number of bands I've seen as only "several," whereas it feels like everyone else goes to shows all the time (or at least have seen many over the years).

My sister is the same with concerts as I am with coasters... so naturally, she drags us to places like Sacramento, Fresno, Amador, etc. to see bands she likes. Thankfully, I like a lot of the same bands as her, so I have a good time going as well.

Not sure how heavy folks around here like to go, but hey, it's worth a shot.

There's a band called La Dispute. They're crazy good. A little heavier on the music side, and their vocalist takes a bit of time to get used to, but once you've given their stuff a try, it's hard to stop listening. Their album "Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair" is a post-hardcore masterpiece, musically and (definitely) lyrically.

(The song isn't actually seven minutes long, but the video is for some reason.)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would show you guys some music from a friend of mine. His name is Sasha Sosin but he goes by the name of Action (formerly Action Movie Hero Boy). He makes really good electronic dance tunes. Here's one of them.

http://official.fm/tracks/246834?no_frameset=true

And one of my other friends from Montreal who goes by the stagename of Kaytradamus will be performing at Osheaga Music Festival in August.

I've been doing a lot of musical exploration over the last year or so and I've found that Christians tend to consistently make the best rock and roll. Skillet, Red, Thousand Foot Krutch, Disciple, Nine Lashes, Pillar, and there's a lot more Christian rock bands I haven't tried yet but probably should.

Of all the songs that have been leaked from Lana Del Rey's TWO, yes TWO albums being released this summer.. this one wasn't one of them. Hopefully the rest of the song lives up to what i think is a stunning 25 seconds. I could see this song knocking it out of the park if the rest goes well, but then again, ever since SNL, she's been in a serious pickle and its going to be tough for her to get out of it. Her first of two albums being released is a re-release of her first album when she used her real name. (Album: Lana Del Rey AKA Lizzy Grant). The second one is something that fans are calling the "Summer MixTape" or the "HollyWood Mix Tape". The track list for Lana Del Rey AKA Lizzy Grant is already leaked, and so is Hollywood Mix Tape's list. I assume This will be the title as the album looks to be based around that theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwedwWzKDjE

"HollyWood's Dead"

The first song on the new album.

Not sure how you folks feel about some good ol' classical music, but this is a solo i had at a my high school orchestra's concert

The actual piece is the second movement of Telemann's Viola Concerto in G Major

I know a lot of people hate Skrillex (and I mean *HATE* him), but since I heard his works for the first time last fall, I've been hooked. I thought I read somewhere that Voltage was supposed to come out on April 23rd, but that came and went with no album release (Make It Bun Dem might have been a taste though). Anyone know anything about a possible release date? I check back on the youtube channel every day like a loser and there's still nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys !

This is GeorgeT...and right now there`s a huge chance for me and my pop-rock band "Phonogen" to play on a HUGE stage !!! One newcomer band has the chance to perform at the "summer of love" music festival here in Germany...but we need to get more votes to make it !!!

Everything`s explained in THIS video...and if you`d like to give us feedback...you`re welcome. THANKS !

If you like our style...here`s another one...just released :

Voting ends soon !!! This is the direct way to vote for uns :

http://www.seaoflove.de/voting ...just put in the "code" and E-mail Adress (No Spam will follow !)...and scroll down !

I don't know how prog you'd consider it, but along the same lines as Avicii, I'd call Madeon a genius at the whole scene. He's just turned 18 this past week or so and has already played clubs in front of tens of thousands, including Coachella.

\/ That's the money right there! Same for me, though I don't consider it 'proggy' though everything Madeon's done is amazing.

Edited by grrt

Postcard from promoter FYF with hints for the FYF lineup.

Edit: so far we have figured out

(L to R)

Top: ? Fucked Up King Khan & the Shrines ? ? Hot Snakes Wild Flag The Vaselines James Blake Joyce Manor Cloud Nothings

? HEALTH ? ? ? Future Islands ? American Nightmare Liars Tycho The Field

Black Mountain ? Refused ? M83 Sleigh Bells ? Tanlines ? Nick Waterhouse Atlas Sound

Bottom: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Fidlar ? ? ? ?

FYFright.jpg.70417e39ceb1934493274db116efafeb.jpg

I've really taken a liking to two songs by the band "zebrahead," "Blur" and "Hello Tomorrow." They are pretty awesome. I think I'd consider them punk/pop punk style with a rap essence to them.

*There is no video to Blur*

Anyone have any recommendations for newer punk bands? Don't get me wrong, I love the old stuff...just trying to bring in some variety.

I'm fond of the Street Dogs...features Mike McColgan, the original singer for the Dropkick Murphys.

Been around since the late 90s (?), I think...

• 2 weeks later...