TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Any power metal fans out there? One hot diddy I've been into recently is a band called "Powerwolf", finally got an album today and it's full of what I consider cheesy goodness. I'm not the biggest power metal fan but I get the urge to listen every once and a while, this will satisfy that urge for a good while. Think Lordi meets Iced Earth.

Any power metal fans out there? One hot diddy I've been into recently is a band called "Powerwolf", finally got an album today and it's full of what I consider cheesy goodness. I'm not the biggest power metal fan but I get the urge to listen every once and a while, this will satisfy that urge for a good while. Think Lordi meets Iced Earth.

Nice tip, checked out a few youtube vids and they are pretty freakin awesome. Never heard of them before, and I wouldn't consider it cheesy, just plain in your face heavy metal!

This is a band I just found called Grim Luck... and they play some AWESOME ska punk! http://grimluck.bandcamp.com/ Not a plug or anything since I am in no way affiliated with this band... just a supporter of indie music. Anyway, they put an entire album here for free... this is a direct link to their page so it's 100% legal... just have a listen if ska is you're thing... this is good stuff IMO! Kinda reminds me of Streetlight Manifesto!

Very nice find there. Ska is one of my favorite genres of music right now, and the way they mix pure sloppiness with hints of finesse just works very well. I like it a lot. Thanks for bringing them up!

Nice tip, checked out a few youtube vids and they are pretty freakin awesome. Never heard of them before, and I wouldn't consider it cheesy, just plain in your face heavy metal!

Haha I have fun with my music. I listen to just about everything that isn't most country, rap, or bubble gum pop, sticking with hard rock and melodic death metal as my favs. I'm one of few people I know that can go from WhiteChapel to a Bach or Motzart piece with no issues. Power metal to me is exactly what it is though, shock rock/hair metal (KISS, Poison, etc.) meets the NWOBHM (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc.) I love both genres and the combo of the two makes it even better. But it is what it is, lots of theatrics and singing about mythical creatures and stuff but I love every second of it.

If there are any alt-rock fans out there, you can take a look at my band! We're called New World Order- we're a four piece, and even though we're all in high school, we take our music very seriously. If you'd like, you can stream our musicdisc on our facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/newworldorderband?sk=wall

I'm the lead singer/lead guitarist and co-songwriter, and the awkward-looking kid with the long blonde hair in our profile picture

Let us know what you think!

Anybody have the new SBTRKT LP? I listen to it everyday whilst i go longboarding.

Oh yeah, i also make my own music. I'm releasing an album next month, so heres some tunage from that and some tunage from other stuff:

http://official.fm/tracks/259312

Silicon - Dream of Magic

http://official.fm/tracks/148292

The Bloody Beetroots - Dimmakmunication (Silicon Remix)

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to the new Dream Theater and new Primus today.

Dream Theater ... I think I liked it. Need to listen to it a few more times for it to sink in. Didn't seem as "in your face" as past albums.

Primus ... some good stuff, one song in particular sounded exactly like Puddin' Time (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Again, need to listen to it a few more times to let it sink in.

^Is this Dream Theater without Mike Portnoy on drums? If so I need to listen to compare, he helped meld the craziness of Petrucci on guitar and Rudess on keys. I haven't paid much attention to them after hearing Portnoy left for Avenged Sevenfold. Also I didn't know Primus was still writing music.

• 2 weeks later...