TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

^ Fantastic album. A few songs are a great departure from the standard ABR sound, which was a nice little surprise.

In other news, I'm pretty sure Bon Iver's new self-titled album is a sure-fire contender (if not just the flat-out recipient) for Album of the Year. Some of the most creative music I've heard in a LONG time.

Also, their performance on The Colbert Report was great, as well.

New August Burns Red album Leveler came in the mail for me today. I'm absolutely loving it! There's a few songs that really exemplify what ABR is capable of.. This one in particular. It's a sort of post-rock prog-metal sound mixed in with some kick@$$ metalcore.

This is a fantastic album!!! Just got my copy on Saturday. My favorite track at the moment is "Internal Cannon"

^I think you're interpreting it a little wrong. There are basically two sides to Odd Future: the side where you get offended, or the side where you're like, "F**k yeah, I can't believe he said that!" I get being on both of those sides, since what Tyler says is absolutely terrible even though he makes it very apparent that he means absolutely nothing he says (that's kind of his trademark). It's just weird how only the pro-Atheistic message bugged you. If you're offended by Tyler's music, shouldn't there be much more in his lyrics that you find offensive? Personally, I don't think his stuff ever has a pro-Atheistic stance, his lyrics are mainly about bringing down a wide variety of groups ; I think Christianity just happens to be one of the subjects that he touches on to increase the album's shock value.

^ It's not really just Christianity he targets; Tyler has said that he just hates religion in general. I've just learned to look past that and enjoy the music, because it's not like the words in the music are going to change my faith. Also, if it's any consolation, my head bobs to Sandwitches every time, and I'm pretty sure it has the most anti-religious content of any of his songs.

^I'm just split on deciding if he really has a message, or he's just trying to ramp up the songs' shock values. Because I feel like he's not a religious person, yet the only reason he insults religion so much is to offend many more people.

I went to Teen Open Mic night at my local Under-21 club/Performing Arts center last night with some of my friends. After the normal acoustic acts, a band always sets up (normally the headlining act). Last night it was my friends' Pop/punk band, One Pump Chump.(and yes I do know what that means) They're actually quite good. It features two brothers on Vocals/Guitar and drums and my friend on Synth. (He has a keytar, so he normally plays bass or piano parts. Another of my friends, who is basically acting as their manager, was handing out CD's and taking orders on shirts. Needless to say, I got both.

Another thing, they're actually competing on Battle of the Bands for a spot on the Warped Tour, so you should check them out and if you like, perhaps even vote for them: http://www.battleofthebands.com/u/OnePumpChump

I think you'll like them. All six of the songs posted there are originals. (They also do covers) My favorites are "Interstellar Bus" and "I Bought the Gun." The latter has some deep lyrical content and is quite dark. "Not Even Gonna Try" has some nice examples of counterpoint, as well.

• 2 weeks later...
^ Never heard of them, but if you're into electro stuff, STRFKER is absolutely great. They're about as electro as I'll get (on par with Sprawl II), and I'll hopefully be able to see them in a month.

They remind me a lot of Neon Indian and older Cut Copy. I like 'em.

If you're into Dubstep, this guy is top of the feeding chain. If you're sick of the same boring, overused dubstep, this guy is for you. He's also vocalist for Disfiguring the Goddess any of you metalheads..