TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Body found at Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Just saw this news article and thought I'd pass it along:

Sandy Gutierrez, spokeswoman for the San Antonio Police Department, said the remains were found at the northwest corner inside the grounds, right at the bottom of a rock wall. Some articles of clothing were also found close to the remains.

Kimberly Gallegos, an investigator in the Bexar County Medical Examiner's office, said the remains would be examined Thursday by the medical examiner. She said she did not know the gender of the remains and had few other details.

A Six Flags official told San Antonio TV station WOAI that the remains were found on park property in an area off-limits to guests and employees because of the danger of falling rock. Joe Rios, a spokesman for San Antonio Police Department, said the remains were not anywhere near the public area and appeared to have been there for six to 12 months.

The link to the article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,427981,00.html

So I'm just wondering how the body got there, and furthermore how it was just now found. Possibly a guest or an employee wandered back there and got hit (maybe buried) by falling rocks?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting reports sometime of human remains being found in the Duelling Dragons queue/labyrinth. In fact I'm not so sure some of those bones in there aren't real, people get seriously lost in there. When I was there, a group of English tourists gave up on finding the ride.

So I'm just wondering how the body got there, and furthermore how it was just now found. Possibly a guest or an employee wandered back there and got hit (maybe buried) by falling rocks?

Well it was there almost a year, so maybe someone just finally noticed the smell.

I'm expecting reports sometime of human remains being found in the Duelling Dragons queue/labyrinth. In fact I'm not so sure some of those bones in there aren't real, people get seriously lost in there.

Funny you mention that. There is an old story about some guy who was embalmed many years ago and was on display. Think his name was Speedy or similar. Later on Speedy dissappeared and by way of several pure chances and other places, wound up as a hanging decoration in a dark ride or fun house. Everybody thought he was just another prop, not a real dead guy. Once this was figured out, he was removed, IDed, and given a proper burial. Google it later if you want the particulars, but that's the gist of it.

This just seems odd to me, someone could smell a rotting corpse you know."been there for 12 months" uhh...yea honestly.Smell carries, guest would have noticed because wind carries scent. From what they say the body was in an off limits area. Don't they have personel inspect those areas in any time frame atleast once or twice a month? This makes no bloody sense.

Also in reading it says skeletal body. This to me says just bones. If anything I'd still think you find a human skull. Red light in head should go off with sirens saying "report this NOW!"

I'm expecting reports sometime of human remains being found in the Duelling Dragons queue/labyrinth. In fact I'm not so sure some of those bones in there aren't real, people get seriously lost in there.

Funny you mention that. There is an old story about some guy who was embalmed many years ago and was on display. Think his name was Speedy or similar. Later on Speedy dissappeared and by way of several pure chances and other places, wound up as a hanging decoration in a dark ride or fun house. Everybody thought he was just another prop, not a real dead guy. Once this was figured out, he was removed, IDed, and given a proper burial. Google it later if you want the particulars, but that's the gist of it.

They did a whole episode on this story on TruTV. The guy was an old west train robber.

This just seems odd to me, someone could smell a rotting corpse you know."been there for 12 months" uhh...yea honestly.Smell carries, guest would have noticed because wind carries scent. From what they say the body was in an off limits area. Don't they have personel inspect those areas in any time frame atleast once or twice a month? This makes no bloody sense.

Also in reading it says skeletal body. This to me says just bones. If anything I'd still think you find a human skull. Red light in head should go off with sirens saying "report this NOW!"

Actually, it makes total bloody sense.

When you consider the fact that the remains were found on the northwest corner of property near the golf course, seen here , there really is no reason for anybody within the company to go around this area. Knowing how large this area really is, its not unlikely to believe that nobody noticed a smell, or simply wrote it off as a dead animal.

Anyway, as posted on Screamscape (along with the map image), the remains have been identified. It's pretty sad, really. I can't help but think that there was foul play involved.

Yeah, but I can't really see Six Flags getting dragged into this too much. It's not like her car and belongings were found at the park. They were found deserted at a different location. It just sounds like an area that is technically owned by Six Flags was the dumping site or crime scene. The remains had to have been pretty close to the property line if they were discovered by a worker at the neighboring golf course who was setting up a tent. Heck, if it's that close, you have to wonder why the groundskeepers of the golf course didn't notice it last summer.

But yeah, I'm not trying to play a crime scene investigator. It just seems like, on the surface, that SFFT really has little to do with this. So, hopefully it'll all kind of blow over during the investigation.