TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR, Japan and Korea take 2!!

September 13:th

Strange mouse + Scary mouse + Lotte

Coaster today = 7

Coasters in total = 46

New Coasters = 1

Today Was the final day in Korea, and the itinerary said that we were going to Seoul Land, but I had found out that the Mouse at Children's Grand Park had opened (Thanks to Gavin!!) so we did a quick trip there as well.

At night me and my brother decided to have a look in the Lotte Mall that was located under the Hotel/Park and in the end we took a walk around the lake that surrounds the outside part of Lotte World for some nice night photos.

Last year when we visited Seoul Land it was more or less a dump, but this year they had really cleaned up the place and repainted most of the stuff, we guessed that they decided to do that due to that this year it was their 20:th anniversary. Now it was a pretty nice park that you could spend some time in, still same strange rides.

That crazy mouse that were my new credit of the day, was really rubish and pretty scary since the lap bar on our car didn't lock...

I'm just happy that I don't have to ride it again though...

Pictures:

Since we took the subway here, we ended up for a pretty long walk up to the park

We soon ended up at the entrance

Our first ride of the day was the crazy mouse

See it looks really strange

They repainted the Rocket Food place since last year, it does still however look pretty ghetto

After a quick walk around we found out that Black Hole 2000 had opened, so we gave it a quick spin

Not the best coaster really...

Next was Columbia Double Loop Coaster, and it still had it's strange corpse in one of it's tunnels (just remember to look right)

It had also received a brand new paint job

Some credit whores went for the power coaster

While some rode the power coaster, me, Robb and a few others decided that we were to ride the High Roller next

I had to get really dirty to get everyone in it though

Last coaster of the park is the Kiddy coaster

It's a really small coaster that you have to master the art of Origami to get into properly

Random stuff at Seoul Land:

Next up was Children's Grand Park

With a crappy mouse that it took them several years to even get opened

Parts of it had just received a brand new paint job

The ride though, was one of the worst I have experienced

The view out of our room, My guess would be that they are building an Aqua-Trax, oh wait...

The shopping mall is pretty awesome, you can take pictures of inside the park from it

Then we went outside, and was gawking at this

See what I mean

The whole outside area

Our Hotel

Other side of the park

More to come tomorrow...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

September 14:th

Getting crowded

Coaster today = 1

Coasters in total = 47

New Coasters = 1

So in the morning we headed back to Japan for our last days before we went home.

Today we had planned to do a quick visit at Hanayashiki and Akihabara, but as a bonus we also stopped by Tokyo Dome City to see if we could spot some TPR people.

This weekend is the same weekend that we went to Fuji-Q last year, so we were expecting a bit of a crowd, but boy were we in for a chock, there were people everywhere. We even had to wait 50 minutes!! to get on the coaster at Hanayashiki, but they were doing a great job running it though.

In Akihabara it was the same way, with people everywhere, and when we got to Tokyo Dome City there was even more people. The queues were overflowing everywhere.

Pictures:

Another Plane that we flew with, still an awesome airline company in my books

Finally got around and took some pictures from our train journey's to and from Narita

Random cityscape

Skyscrapers

Woo tilted

Somewhere in Tokyo

Overtaking a Yamanote train

As good of a POV you can get from these trains

Mamonaku Shinjuku

First stop Asakusa

There were people everywhere

They had a lot of cool buildings there

Head building

Different angle

Entry to the shrine area

But that's the reason why we went here

They even had a space shot

But this is what we were going for

Some nice gardens

Some German coaster enthusiasts we were talking with while waiting in line for the coaster

Itterashai

They have stuffed in rides everywhere

This small coaster clings to the sides of the buildings

Scary tower ride

Lot's of stuff

Have they changed the trains recently?

Now this is an electronics store

My favorite anime/manga/etc. store

Some other cool buildings

There was a lot of people here as well

Guess where we are

A couple of steps on the ev-value and here you got the answer

A nice shot of Thunder Dolphin

But what is that I see?? strobes + train at night...

Oooo I love these photos!!

LaQua area

Really fast carousel!

And I give you all even more Penguins!!

September 15:th

Big disappointment

Coaster today = 8

Coasters in total = 55

New Coasters = 8 \(^0^)/

Today we had an even earlier morning, since we were going to meet up with the TPR people at 6:30, which meant that we had to leave our hotel at least 1 hour before to catch one of the few trains that early in the morning so that they wouldn't leave without us.

So we got on the bus with them and started to head north up towards Nasu. It took a bit longer then expected but we still arrived before the park opened, so we got a few rides before they let in the GP.

The day was pretty cloudy and cool, but all the rides were opened. During the few hours we were at the park we managed to do almost everything. This must be the biggest collection of coasters that I can say are mediocre at best, nothing mind blowing here just pain...

One of the reasons why I wanted to go here is that last year they opened a ride, called Parabow, that looked like it was one of those Togo Wild Storms. This ride was one of the big disappointments of the day. It wasn't made by Togo (have no idea on which company that have made it though), still good to see that this ride type survived the Togo bankruptcy though. Too bat that it was nowhere near as intense/insane as the Togo version of the ride. It was like the operators had stuck the ride in kiddy mode and it rode more or less like a normal Paratrooper.

The second disappointment was that Lightning Coaster, the BHS/Meisho (near) clone of Knightmare (BMRX) and Jetline, have been scrapped. I would have loved to take a picture of it and touched it, just so have at least seen the 3 of them. But then again now I have ridden the ones that are existing instead.

On the way back to Tokyo we ditched the TPR bus (hope that you had a great trip in Tokyo) and got back into the city by public transport. Which meant that we got the random Japanese Bus and another Shinkansen credit instead.

We spent a little time in Shinagawa for the evening before heading back to Ikebukuro for the night.

Pictures:

The Boss

Asahi Beer building

Random area in Tokyo

Starting to get out of the city

A big mess of coaster track

With a Loop

Crazy airtime hill

Where the other rides are

Mouse kind of coaster

Much like the one at Hamanako Pal-Pal

One of the worst SLC I have been on

Had a strange colour scheme

Ouch

This Ferris wheel have a propulsion system that I haven't seen before

Para Tower

Ship

Top Loop or Top Gun, you decide

Parabow

No way near as close as the "Togo flat ride of Death"

SLC with construction area in front of it

Painful

Even more track

Asakusa

Hmmm, weren't we here yesterday

W00t!

Loads of track

At Shinagawa station we discovered that it was 123 years since last time Godzilla destroyed the place

SONY

Pretty park area

Shinagawa Station

September 16:th

The flight home

Coaster today = 0

Coasters in total = 55

Time to head back home.

It was a long way back home but at least I found an awesome book at Narita so I had something to do on the flight home. And after another 24 hours on the go (2 trains, 3 flights and a taxi journey), i was home at last in northern Sweden.

But I will do all of it again in an instant.

Pictures

KLM from Tokyo

Racing with a ANA flight to Europe

Flight from Amsterdam

I haven't got anymore pictures from this day since I was just to tired...

I hope that you have enjoyed this PTR as I had during the actual trip

Until next time...