TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR, Japan and Korea take 2!!

So here we go again...

Ever since my last years visit I have wanted to return to Japan just because the place is so awesome. And doing Korea on such a trip is just natural just because they just opened a sweet wooden coaster (even though Eagle Fortress was the main draw here).

So I had planned a quick 11 day trip for me and my brother, and during some days we joined the TPR people on their trip in the area. I just have to say that the trip in all was a great success.

Updates:

Day one (you are looking at it)

Day two CLICK

Day three CLICK

Day four CLICK

Day five CLICK

Day six CLICK

Day seven CLICK

Day eight CLICK

Day nine CLICK

Day ten CLICK

Day eleven CLICK

Day twelve CLICK

September 5:th

Day 1, I hate early mornings.

Coaster today = 0

Coasters in total = 0

New Coasters = 0

So this was the travel day, I had everything planned out. But the schedule felt a bit daunting, since it would take me 24 hours from where I left my apartment until we would arrive at our hotel in Tokyo. Our arrival would be around noon the following day, and I know that I can't really sleep on airplanes then I knew that the second day would be horrendous.

Pics:

So I left my apartment in northern Sweden at "way to early in the morning" o'clock

Nah just kidding, it wasn't in the middle of the night, but at 5 am

First flight, for the day and from Luleå to Stockholm

World's 3:rd best airport restaurant!!

2:nd flight for this trip, from Stockholm to Amsterdam

Yay, KLM haven't managed to loose my luggage yet

There she is (I think, there are so many of them)

This one it is anyway, but no upper floor for us this time

While on the way we saw the tallest building in Sweden

Mmmm, Food, It gave me a good chance to test the food program in the camera

We actually managed to eat up our stuff before the rest of the cabin received their food, yay I'm Special!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

September 6:th

YAY for Japan and Hello Kitty!!

Coaster today = 7

Coasters in total = 7

New Coasters = 2

So this was the second day and we arrived at Narita Airport at 9:30 in the morning, I actually managed to get one hour of sleep on the flight so I was pretty fuzzy. We rushed through Immigration and customs so that we could get on the trains into Tokyo asap.

This day we had the only hick up of the trip, namely that we had pre-ordered Rail-Pass exchange vouchers, but the ones we received were the wrong type and also were for a Rail-Pass that didn't exist. But the girls in the exchange office were pretty cool about it and helped us get the Rail-Pass anyway.

(We got our bad vouchers completely refunded and the guy that sent them to us, apologized his mistake).

With our Rail-Passes and tickets to the NEX in our pocket, we headed on towards Ikebukuro for our hotel. After a quick check in and dropping of our luggage it was time for our first park of the trip.

Seibuen Yuenchi

A small park that is run by the Seibu train company. That have 2 coasters, a couple of flats, a water park and a Hello Kitty area. When we arrived on the middle of the day it looked like the park was going to be packed, but everyone were in the water park, due to the heat, so we made this a quick visit.

Toshimaen

Second park of the day, another small park in the area, where nothing much had happened since our last visit. We were warned that the Corkscrew would be closed, but it wasn't, but the Shuttle Loop, was closed still

After a quick stop by our hotel again, to get our room and settle in a bit. We headed out on the town again. First up was the World Trade Center Building to get some great views of Tokyo Tower and then it was time for Galaxy Express at Aqua Stadium.

Pictures:

After spending way to much time on the 747, we finally arrived at Japan

Half of our hotel, how many places do you know that have a 60" flat screen TV hanging in the Restaurant patio?

Oi

During the nights there were major roadworks going on in this crossing, but they were really quick

Train POV

Wonder if this is the right station?

I guess that we better follow that sign

I think that we are on the right path

Looks like it

Entrance to the water park

Hunchback police?

I spy a credit

As I said, the park was empty

I think that Togo are planning to take over the world with these kind of animals

Hello Kitty area

Restaurant in a train

Warning, this Pikachu eat kids

Credit 250

Strange only in Japan ride

Feels like I'm on drugs, there are flying Elephants everywhere

I have been of 66% of these coasters now (damn I could have made it 100%)

The area with the bigger rides

Liseberg watch and learn

Wiiii

Iiiiii

They have a thing for Thomas

Sorry but you won't fit in my luggage

Lot's of stuff

Pretty cool Carousel

The most scary ghost house in the world

Hmm, haven't I seen this one before??

As I said empty

There is the get screwed part

Looooooop

Best queue ever

The train looks cool

Lift-Hill, where pleasure is born

I guess that they know what is coming

Airtime

The get screwed part is in there somewhere

Polyp

Mmmm, Looping Starship

You have to battle it out with the Viking to enter this swinging ship

The station was still empty

Yay, we are going somewhere...

Ah, that's better

Toshimaen, this place had more people in it then Seibuen

This log is your log, This log is my log, When lightning struck it, it hit a bucket

The most awesome Carousel ever

This thing is old

Why won't you run...

There I see something running, let's go ride it

This one also have get screwed part

These new style Arrow trains are pretty good

Thomas

See they are everywhere

Log flume

This log it used to be a tree, Now it spreads love to you and me, Hey look it's heading out to sea

Power Coaster

Oi Oi

Can you see the 2 wheels on this one

In that direction there is a coaster so bad that it's not worth going to

Teh Towaaa

Up this hill there is a kick ass Intamin coaster

more to come...

September 7:th

Moomin!! and crazy statue.

Coaster today = 9

Coasters in total = 16

New Coasters = 1

So on the second day we had 3 more parks lined up.

First up was Yomiuriland:

This time around they weren't running the Spalsh train on the bandit, and we are actually pretty happy with that, since you don't get soaked (even if that would have been pretty nice on such a hot day) and that Bandit was running way faster then last year which made it really awesome, this extra speed was pretty noticeable in the helix sine you really started to grey out on it.

White Canyon, the RCCA & Togo Woodie, was pretty bad this year. Not one that I will volunteer to re-ride anytime soon.

We did some of the flats and the Go-Carts which were pretty scary at some points, and they still ran that awesome show that they had last year <3

Second for the day were Sea Paradise:

We made it into a quick visit since the forecast for that night were thunderstorms and there isn't that much to do in that park except for the Surf Coaster and Blue Fall.

Surf Coaster, is one of the coolest coaster in Japan, with massive helices, a decent amount of air and it runs through its course pretty smooth. It would probably be even better if they put on trains similar to Fujiyama (so would Bandit).

Blue fall , was just as awesome as last year (still not the best drop tower in Japan though), but there was so little people riding it so that they didn't use the fake-drop sides

Third park for the day was Yokohama Cosmoworld:

This time around they had all the coasters operating, so I was able to get my final credit in this park \(^0^)/

Ok, so it was a standard spinning mouse, but it was at least on of the better that I have ridden.

They had added a second train on Vanish, they even ran it with both for a while, but they kept stacking it like mad, so it didn't really make a difference, and they really have to lower the floor in that station since the bottom of the floor of the cars is at least 0,5 meter below the station, which makes it hard to get in/out of them, FIX IT!!

As we left the park the rain started to come down, and we hard a lot of thunder in the distance.

And on they way back to the hotel we went right through the storm.

Pictures:

We went by this movie poster on the way to the station in the morning, and after seeing the trailer on YouToube then I have decided that I have to see it!! See for yourself...

Bic Camera, we had 4 of these, 7 story tall, electronics stores around the station

That's tomorrow

If you skip to get of at Yomiuriland you can go to Hello Kitty World

Skyway

GIANTS

Mmmm, Bandit

Black out helix

Standard stuff in parks here

They are waiting for us

Is it just me or does the Landdog look like Moomin??

See what I mean...

It was running like SEX

And the whole day was like a long ERT session

Most boring coaster in the park

Too bad that you couldn't ride it in the Death Seats

Train was running half full all day

Cheesy dark ride

There's another one

Liseberg, note how this is able to go upside down

A good way to cool down on a hot day

Crazy Hyuuuu, Crazy stooon (I guess that they have named it after the sound it makes)

Rubbish

Showtime, this girl was standing and rallying up all the kids in the front row

Just Like Moomin

Most of the park really

Soon at the top

Man this sucker is huge, wonder if he is in that Giants building...

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch, Ouch

Stop talking already, we want to see the show

YAY

Ne Ne

Last time they fought a pen holder, this time I'm not so sure

Never fear Blue is here

Kya

Hmm, so every one in the park went to see the show, maybe we should head for a couple of runs on Bandit then

There is some more people that have come up with the same idea

Pretty

Kiddy coaster that is better then the ugly ass mine train

You see, better then an ERT

Back part of the ride

Wiiii

Now where did I put my bike...

So that's how you do it

Sea Paradise

Mmmm, Intamin sex

Awesome Togo Coaster

Carousel

Various flats

The most awesome drunken barrels ever

Did I say this sucker is tall??

It just goes on and on

All the way up there

Geek photo of the fake-drop

Arcades

Helix of death

Lift-hill

Can you please loos the OSTR:s

This hill produce more air then Silver Star does on it's whole run

Out to sea

More massive helix

Wiii

Next up Yokohama

Matta ne

Now we just have to walk a bit to get to Cosmoworld.

You can't really hide a giant Ferris Wheel

Cool boat

Cosmo Clock

Vanish

Awesome scenery

Oh noes it's gonna crash it

Look it Vanished?!?!?

New Credit

The Queue wasn't as bad as last year

Dum di dum

POWERRR

Banana Coaster

Spot the enthusiast

Crazy statue

See

September 8:th

¿Fuji-Queue?, not as bad as last time

Coaster today = 7

Coasters in total = 23

New Coasters = 3

So this were the day I had planned for going back to Fuji-Q, which we did.

This time around we went there on a weekday instead of in the middle of a big holiday weekend. There was a lot shorter queues this time around, but it was nowhere close what I have seen people report, so Mondays are probably just as bad as normal weekends. We actually managed to get on all 3 big coasters in about 3 hours this time around, instead of the 8 last year!! so I had plenty of time to get the stuff I missed last year. But, I'll be back here...

As most people know, Fuji-Q closes down everything if there is just a slight hint of rain, but I have to say that this statement is a bit exaggerated, since they ran everything even with sessions of light rain during the day!!

Dodonpa: I still love this coaster, the launch is just awesome, we tried to log this again, but it failed a bit this time around

Eejanaika: Got an back-outside seat on this beast. I were a bit thrown around and beaten up, but not as bad as some other coaster I have been on (read: Jupiter, Space 2000, Cobra (Friheden)). I really love the massive support structure since there are so many foot/head choppers all around this ride.

I think that it would improve the ride if they would add a better restraint system, that keep you more secure (The new Vekoma seat/restraint system with the vest would be awesome).

Fujiyama: Still super smooth and a great fun, with the best Togo hyper trains I have ridden.

We did some other crazy stuff while on our way to and from the park, but more on that later...

Shashin:

We got on this "Dashing looking train" at Shinjuku to head towards Fuji-san

Looks like we are going on track 2

Yay, for Thomas land

We hope that you could be so kind to us

Other moods of Fuji-san

I had during my research found out that the Japanese MagLev test facility should be around there somewhere

I think that it might be the facility up on that hill

That bridge is definitely part of the track

Talk about an anticlimax...

The nature was pretty sweet though

As well were the scenery

I think that we are going in the right direction

When we exited the train we knew we were at the right spot

Wiiii

The red and black looks so good

Missed credit last time

So Massive

Head first

This element packs a great punch

Twisty

Don't worry there will be a lot more pictures of you

Fujiyama

This picture is really hard to get, but we had plenty of time while waiting for Fujiyama

This twisty bit is pretty good

We rode the Golden train

This thing didn't really fit with the rest of the massive attractions

Strange indoor coaster/shooting darkride

Finally get to ride this (to bad it sucked)

They are sow screwed

Nice!!

Screw any pictures of the new ride, these cats are way cooler

Another new coaster for me

Exit Shop

The lift-hill grease cleaner was really cool and hand slapped everyone

Beware of flying ninja hamster

Duh

Wii

Yay Thomas land

Come down from there!!

10 years, beat that DMP and SF

Pretty cool walkways

Yay for Cranky

So we accidentally went on the anniversary day!!

Yay new credit

Signature shot

Zooooooooomm

The view from the top of Mount Fuji

There is the larger model of it

Most disorientating piece of track ever

this count as at least 2 inversions

Lift-Hill shot

A lucky shot that actually turned out pretty cool

Isn't it great!!

Ready to get your nut's busted??

Super fast

Now it's only the brakes left

Look it's Man-Bear-Pig, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!

Going Down

Big ass turn

Ferris wheel

Going down at another angle

Thomas land take 2

Looks good

^

I didn't know that Knapford were in Japan

Yay for Thomas

Not as cool as the ones at DMP

They closed down the queue to the Haunted Hospital

MEW!!

They have brought more here then Thomas from the UK

But I'm sure that this guy is native

Full-Full

Start bracing for the brakes

Panic Clock

Fujiyama again

Matta ne!!

Time to head back to Tokyo

Man this map is old

Pretty cool mountain at Otsuki

On the way back we decided to do something really crazy, we jumped of the train at a random station just to take a picture of a building and then jump on the next train

Production I.G are awesome

We got a few strange looks while doing this

Shinjuku

More Shinjuku

From the top of the Government building:

Towards Tokyo Tower

Joypolis area

South-ish

Somewhere

Screw LHC, this black hole will kill us all

Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building

It's absolutely free to go up to the top!!

Tomorrow it's time for Intamin Madness

Peter...awesome pics! I really miss Japan now too.

Yes the Drunken Barrels at Sea Paradise are the greatest ever! Too bad they're so far away from me. Hopefully you got another spin on them this time after our amazing death ride last year!

Thanks for sharing these...looking forward to seeing more Intamin sex!

September 9:th

Intaminsss!!

Coaster today = 8

Coasters in total = 31

New Coasters = 1

Missed Coasters = 1

This day started out as a trip to Tobu Zoo, and after that we weren't sure on what to do next, so we just kept the parks coming. It turned out to be one of the most awesome days of the trip (mainly since it was filled with Intamins). Too bad that the drop towers in the parks we visited were closed for the day .

So first stop was Tobu Zoo:

I really kinda like this park, feels a bit like Flamingo Land if you want to compare it to something. But then again this park have a brand new really kick ass coaster, which Flamingo Land doesn't...

Kawasemi was the main reason why we wanted to go here, and after riding Piraten earlier this year we knew that we were in for a treat.

To compare the two, then I have to say that Piraten might have a little bit more speed and airtime, but Kawasemi is smoother (we only felt the Intamin shake on on spot). They are both awesome coasters and I really like them more then EGF, and I can highly recommend you all to ride them ASAP!!

A bad note is that Kawasemi have a strict rule to load the train from the front (the other coaster in the park doesn't??), and with no one in the park we spent riding it in the front car for almost every ride. We asked the ride ops (which were 2 awesome girls) everytime if we could get a back row ride but no luck, we even waited outside the queue area for people, but there was never enough people , in the end for our final ride of the day we got a back row ride, thanks to the Ops!! (We Love you!!)

After spending a couple of hours at Tobu zoo, we started to make our journey back into Tokyo, and we saw some more Intamin rides on the way, the urge for them were to big so we got of and spend a couple of hours at Tokyo Dome City (more commonly known as LaQua).

This is the home of Thunder Dolphin the most mediocre ride in existence (apart from a really awesome drop). The whole Geopolis area have been closed down, not sure if it's a complete rebuild of the area or just a retheme, so it's not sure what will happen to that one of a kind Togo indoor coaster they had. The rest of the park is pretty good for it's small city location.

So the time still went really slow which meant that we had loads of time left on the day, so we started thinking about what to do next. An idea of going to the Disney resort area came to mind, and with a pretty cheap evening entry to the parks made this into a pretty awesome idea that we couldn't resist.

We choose to go to DisneySea, just because it's way more awesome then DisneyLand, and that it had a coaster down during my last visit. It was down this time around as well, so more bad luck for me that day. But we still got some awesome rides on: Journey, Indy, Flounders and the Tower, along with some good food.

Pictures:

This is a good image to have in your camera if you are going to Tobu Zoo. So you know where you are

Mmmmm

Not much Intamin on this one but still good

I think we have to head in that direction

Look, there is no one there

'

This is like a Park ERT

Wonder if you are as good as last year, or if you have been bitten by the Jupiter bug

This part of the park looks pretty good

Now that's what I'm talking about

Some sexy curves right there

Good Location to get overhead shots of Kawasemi, etc. Pretty hot though

Not even the small Kiddy coaster can hide Kawasemi

I can see the queue

Who need ERT, just go on the right day

We interrupt the Kawasemi ogling with a kiddy coaster POV image

This time around they had added double cushions to make the ride smoother, I thank them for that, since some parts were just as bad as Jupiter, but not even close overall

Crazy Togo looping mouse

Looks nice

Looks way better then Piraten

Mmmm, twisty

As I said, who needs ERT

Clean

Lift-Hill

Train + one awesome ride-op

Regina, has gotten a bit rougher over her curves

Looks pretty though

Still one of the best wooden coasters in Japan

Let me here you say, Intamin Air

The second of these hills is the best on the whole coaster

Tentomushi

Overview

This drop + turnaround really make you grey out

Random stuff

They have a pretty cool circular 3D theater in there

Waiting for more riders

Holy crap, they managed to fill more then half the train (this was the most we saw the whole day)

Too bad that the tower was down the whole day

Looking for some Intamins

There they are

Stupid tower being down all day (this is the best tower in Japan)

Too bad that id doesn't use the full height

Standard spinning coaster

Looks so good, but isn't really

Signature shot

One of the coolest support structures ever made

That's better

Lucky shot getting the train in there

Better then Blue Fall

The best part of the ride

One of the few rides that pierce a wheel

Someone on the train is clearly enjoying him self too much

There is a few Maurer Söhne clones of this one in the world and a shit load of Golden Horse ones

Nothing there

Look a train

About as far as it goes up the spike

Qoo!!!

As tall as it goes

Most of the park

I really have a problem with this

Please crank it up to 11

WHYY??

Tokyo Dome

You can't hide from my camera

The traffic is pretty bad

Sweet Penguins

Disney Bonus trip

If you didn't know, TDR is celebrating it's 25:th anniversary

This was just a steel skeleton last time

Entry plaza to TDS

We had to wait a while before they let us in

OMG, he is going to crash!!

Looks just as good as last time

See what I mean

It's better then a small world

Nemo

Mysterious Island

Hotel Miracosta

More awesome scenery

This looks so cool

Teh Towah!!

Peter...Thanks for more Intamin sex pics! Kawasemi looks TOO good. You took some great shots of it. Also, it still amazes me how empty the Japan parks can be until you go to TDL, USJ, or FujiQ.

Yeah I was about to ask about the Qoo credit(s) and how many you got. Orange was my fav of the two flavors I tried. Are there other flavor flavs besides orange and apple?

Also I meant to mention the picture of Max in my previous post. Hope to try that next summer.

^ Yeah Intamins are the best coasters/rides around, and I really think that Kawasemi and Piraten are better then EGF.

About the crowds, I can only say that you still have to get to the parks on the right days (you will see what I mean in a few days), but we got really lucky on most of the parks though.

I can't remember how many Qoo's I had, but I missed the apple one, since I didn't see any until I go the airport preparing to go home .

I still had a few Orange, White- and Blue Grape though. But I almost think that the Natchan drinks tastes a bit better.

You probalby won't get that one but there is a bunch of them in the Stockholm area, and plenty of other places around in Sweden (non in Gothenburg though )

September 10:th

Culture stuff + flight to Korea

Coaster today = 0

Coasters in total = 31

So today we had a bit of extra time before we had to leave for Narita, to board our plane to Incheon, Korea.

So we decided (more like I ) to do some walking around in the area near Tokyo station and do "tourist" stuff.

First stop was to walk by Godzilla, just because he is so awesome, and also since I just missed him last time i were in these parts of the world.

Next we went to Hibiya park, which is just located across from where Godzilla is. It's a really nice park area where you can hang out in.

Then we walked past the Tokyo Castle entrance area on our way over to the Imperial garden, which is also a pretty nice place.

After this little tour around in central Tokyo, we headed up north to a temple that I last year promised myself to visit next time that I were in Japan.

It's called Yushima Tenmangu and it's a Shinto shrine that is a place that lot of students visit to pray for good grades, passing examinations, etc. so that's exactly why I went there

This was the last thing that we managed to do, so we got our bags and headed to Narita and our Asiana flight over to Korea.

Pictures:

Tokyo station looks way smaller then you imagine it

In central Tokyo

Oh, I forgot to mention that the whole place were completely taken over by cows!!

Colorful

Butcher friendly

Mirrored

Expressionistic art

Just mad

Queer

Cosmic

S&M

Noahs

Hippie

And police ones

We also saw this crazy statue

Grawwr

Not to be afraid, he's not as big as you would expect

Hibiya Park:

Tokyo Castle area:

Japanese Imperial Garden:

On our way back to Tokyo Eki

Yushima Tenmangu

Hmmm, wonder what's make this super??

Beige, but awesome airline!!

September 11:th

Hobos and AQUA-TRAXX!!

Coaster today = 3

Coasters in total = 34

New Coasters = 0

This is more a continuation of the day before, since there wasn't really any division between the dates, since because we were cheap and lazy we had decided to stay at Incheon airport "Hobo-style" while waiting for Robb, Elissa, Kirsten and the rest of the people that came from the TPR China trip.

There were a couple of things that kept us occupied during the night, they had a couple of flat-screen TV's standing around showing some strange Korean drama, that appeared better then it probably was since we didn't understand a thing of it. There were also a 24h mini mart, a 24h MacDonald and some other places, oh and yeah they also had free WiFi.

We found a couple of nice benches in the Departure hall, since it was much quieter an darker then the Arrival part of the airport, and we actually got some rest. We didn't have to worry about security really, since there were a hoards of heavily armed guards roaming inside (they didn't even bother us once).

So at about 5 am while waiting for the TPR people to arrive, we met our awesome tour-guide Emily that was joining us this year as well, and chatted the time away with her.

After everyone arrived we loaded up on the bud to go to the hotel, which coincidentally were the Lotte World hotel, so you can probably guess where we are heading.

After checking in we were brought in to the park for some early morning ERT on Atlantis Adventure, which ran pretty good (it's way better in the evening).

After that it was free for all to do what ever we wanted in the park for the whole day, and I just have to say that there is loads of cool stuff in the park to keep you occupied for a whole day.

Got a really good ride on the Comet express (thanks Martin!!) and the Vekoma Looper have become worse since my last visit.

Pictures:

Ever wanted to see how Incheon airport looks in the middle of the night? Well look no further...

On the bus we spotted a bunch of cool bridges that span the river that divides Seoul

And some not as cool

This is a really cool building we passed

This bridge have a rather funky entry/exit

But then we saw our destination for the day

Yay, for Lotte World

While waiting for the managers to let us in we took a walk outside the park

Spotted that the bridge into the park was open

Man this coaster looks cool from this angle as well

SPIDERS!!

Strange statue

Mmmm, castle

Wonder if our bus had one of these

Finally on our way into the park

Atlantis's exit

They were doing some final testing before letting us on

This is a really cool place

Both inside and out

This ride is weaker then the Hotels elevators

This tower on the other hand is pretty awesome

A Flume ride you probably could sink the boats in

Coffee cup kind of ride

A pretty cool way to get a nice overview of the park

The looper is in that direction

Ring of Fire

Heading out again

Awesome

This restaurant doesn't really fit with the rest of the place

Sweet curves

Loopage

Pre-drop stuff

Mmmm, Intamin

It goes really fast

It was easy to reach the water through these turns

Zoom

Pretty powerful drop

A really nice turn

This tiny full produces awesome airtime

Gyro-Swing with sneeze guards, they were really useful when it was raining

More AA

From the exit

They had a bunch of shows on the stage

Going into the Helix

Can't remember what's in here but I bet it's awesome

It goes all the way up to the roof

Carousel

Did I mention Helix?

It looks way better then it is

A good way to get around, if you don't want to walk, but they close it when it's raining

I was trying to get on it several times, but I chickened out every time

Awesome

But not as awesome as this

Or this

In case you had forgotten where we are

This place looks even better this way

They even dim down the lights indoor

Pharaohs Fury is up there somewhere

Later that night they were preparing to do a big show inside

With Lasers

Some projections

FIRE

They made it even more awesome when they had both Lasers and Fire at the same time

More Lasers

And more Fire

And some fireworks

This map that we found outside probably could get us somewhere...

Thanks!!

I can't say that I really love EGF like more or less everyone else seems to do. I found that most of it to be pretty meh when I rode it, when we were there it was a "Summer nights" day so it was opened until midnight, so we got dark rides on it, and still it came of it with a meh feeling.

Piraten and Kawasemi ar just awesome fun with massive bursts of good ejector all the way around it. And they are just like Balder, they prove that size doesn't really matter.

Eagle Fortress and T-Express coming up tomorrow.

September 12:th

It's all about Eagle Fortress and T-Express

Coaster today = 5

Coasters in total = 39

New Coasters = 2

So today were the trip to Everland, after the bus ride there we had an hour ERT on T-Express before we were let loose in the park. In the middle of the day there were an optional credit whore trip to a small park in the vicinity of Everland, and then in the evening it was time for night ERT on one of the best coasters in the world, Eagle Fortress

T-Express

This coaster is just phenomenal (especially if you like Balder). The first drop of it is just unreal compared to the other big steep Intamin coasters in the world, there is a point when you are going down the drop where you just are ejected out of your seat, which is something I haven't experienced before. This is one of the must ride coaster that you just ave to ride (at the moment).

The second part of this ride is so close to balder that the turn where balder have it's brake section took me by surprise every time, since that bit is so close to each other and during that part I was at Liseberg in my mind

Eagle Fortress

This is one of the most insane coaster I have ever ridden, it's definitely the best suspended coaster out there. Once you are of the lift the train just hurtle around is course with an awesome pace and the swings between it's turns are just crazy. This is another that you just have to ride (and now there is a pretty big chance that you can do it, since it was to be removed for this season, but they have changed their minds and are trying to keep it running. YAY)

Pictures (there is lot's of them):

I guess that we are on the right way

Mmm, Eagle Fortress

They had an awesome welcoming ritual for us

We are just inside the gates and it's already looking awesome

Hmm, Halloween must come early in these parts of the world

There it is, Balder meets Toro

Almost worthy to put as a wallpaper

After the ERT in the morning we went on the rapids ride

With some strange theming

This was a new reloading system to me

Bendy boats, with extra covers to prevent you from getting wet

Wallpaper anyone??

They are soon going to experience something so awesome that sex wont be the same again

Dive, Dive

Wiiiii

Here comes Balder

The guys in the front car is getting ejected

[insert Intamin Fart noise here]

[Here as well]

This is as good as it gets

Up in the Rockswille area

Also new for this year

Even more T-Express

The park was actually pretty empty

That turn is really awesome

Hmm, trees growing through the track

This is the most you will ever see of Eagle Fortress

I'd rather be on that then where I am at the moment

This is where I spent most of the day

This is going to be awesome

Can't believe that they wanted to keep that POS instead of Eagle Fortress

Train is Zooming by

Here they come after an awesome ride

This ride is really hard to take pictures of

Through the trees

Yay, front row

It's just me here

Onride pictures

A really awesome drop

Lift POV

After a quick turn around, here comes the drop

And a turn

The first part is good

But then all hell breaks loose

Wiii

These swings are powerful

See what I mean (note that's the outside wheels)

About half a second later the you are here

Ah, we survived again

These giant ships were down the whole day, but it didn't matter since they are rubbish

One of the top coasters in the world

From the Ferris Wheel

Turn around

Pretty awesome kiddy coaster

Maybe now, this coaster will get replaced

Here comes the next train of people that will see the light

Dunka, dunka, dunka...

Down the drop

Into the first big swing

Kyaaa (or whatever an eagle screams)

T-Figgin-Express

Pretty crappy wheel

I dub thee Hill of massive farts

Awesome turn

Mmmm

Even all this Halloween crap can't hide the beauty of Intamin Wood

Here is where you would find the camera on Balder

However this Halloween parade, managed to keep me from T-Express for a while

Nice

Nice pull-out from that hill

There is a lot of wood in this coaster

Queue

Even more wood

Mega cross over

This part is so close to Balder

Massive structure

Get ready

Soon you will engage the awesomely fast lift

Halfway there

Wiii

Airtime

A final picture of Eagle Fortress before we leave for Doocoland

This as a Korean Folks Village, and you say that they have a coaster??

We found a carousel

And a balloon ride

Oh, look what's that

Well it's a coaster

This just became the most awesome cultural village out there

Rusty lift

So many trees around the track

You could probably get a mouthful of leaves if your aren't careful

This thing had lots of nice turns

And was pretty packed together

There were some kind of film recorded here

The whole place were really pretty

See

There were a lot of old buildings here

They even had a fighting pit

And some gardens in pots

But I started to get a bit bored so I tried to take pictures of some ants

Then this caught my eye, and I mean WTF??

This looked pretty

I think that they recorded that film in here

Wooden dragonflies

Water

Rice

Some more stuff

Then we went back for some night rides on T-Express

That thing at the top looks better then it rides

Pretty

A slightly cropped version that looks a bit better

I don't have any night photos of Eagle Fortress, since they turned of all the lights when we rode it at night

So, the coaster at Korean Folk Village IS open? I was there on a rainy day, so it was down, but the trees looked so overgrown, I figured it was SBNO anyway. That whole ride area was pretty scary lookin. Well, I guess that means I simply missed that credit, which sucks. Oh well. The village looks much better, in general, without the rain.

RO

I'm loving the trip report Peter! Awesome night and macro shots.

In regards to Eagle's Fortress:

This is another that you just have to ride (and now there is a pretty big chance that you can do it, since it was to be removed for this season, but they have changed their minds and are trying to keep it running. YAY)

I'm so glad they decided to keep it running. (Pat himself on his shoulder)

I was there on a rainy day, so it was down, but the trees looked so overgrown, I figured it was SBNO anyway.

Check out Pup's POV of Korean Folk Village Kiddie Coaster

Mike "I <3 Guam"

^^^^^^ Thanks!!

Yeah, it usually works out that way, when you move somewhere else, your former home parks get something big, same with me and Balder, but I have just a 2 hour flight to get there fortunately.

^^^^^ As you said, that day was definitely one of the best park days ever.

Thanks about the pictures, I had to ride the Vekoma death trap again and also the scary wheel, which were one of the worst I have been on. But there are a few places where you can see some parts of the ride from toilet entrances etc. and with the lenient rules about cameras on Korean coaster I even managed to get a shaky POV of it as well as on-ride pictures.

^^^^ I have actually failed to get a ride on a GCI yet (well not entirely true), but still I think that any P'n'P looks better then a GCI. But their trains do look awesome.

^^^ Too bad for you missing it, yeah as you said it looked very SBNO, but it turned out to be one of the best kiddy coasters I have been on.

^^ Thanks!!

Well according to what Robb told us after his talks with the managers were that the Mitch poll had some to do with it staying, which is awesome since then I have been a part of saving it

^ Thanks!!

Yeah, Lotte World and Everland are 2 of the most awesome parks I have been to, too bad that the other awesome coasters (Phaethon, Fantasia Special, etc.) are on the other side of the country.