TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Annoying stuff that happens in theme parks- The List

One time I saw a group of typical fat millennials with colored hair and feminism merchandise at Great Adventure. They were very loud and annoying. I'm sure the names EL Toro, EL Diablo, BatMAN, and SuperMAN were very problematic and triggering that day...

Did you know they call them girl pants because they are actually girl pants? Not just small and tight but actually from the girls section.

Blew my mind.

I'm old. I wear old man pants.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People talking on lift hills. Giving stats or commenting on how high we are getting.

Overreacting and constant screaming the entire ride just because.

I rode millenium force as a single rider next to this typical ACER dude. THE ENTIRE RIDE he was doing on board commentary as if we were filming for discovery channel.

"Okay we are going up the 310 foot lift!"

"And the first overbank!"

He even shouted out "airtime!!!" Over the hills.

I wanted to strangle him

It was Robb!

Hey, Robb makes fun videos. Better than Coaster Farce. I'm talking about the fools who don't actually know what they talking about.

"This is the tallest 300 foot hyper coaster on the West Coast." What you mean there's another 300 foot hyper on the west coast that's shorter? By the way, we were riding Viper at SFMM.

People who bring basketballs into the park to prove how cool they are.

You mean people who win basketballs at games and think they are cool?

Because yes, I don't like that either.

Pretty sure it's against park policy to bring in a basketball..

Large families that loiter directly in front their locke.r, chatting it up, applying suntan oil, eating, smoking, etc., thereby blocking the exact 16 locke.rs that the automated kiosk is assigning next (including yours).

Automated locke.r kiosks that assign consecutive locke.r rentals to locke.rs directly next to each other, thereby developing unnecessary congestion in said area.

Large families that loiter directly in front their locke.r, chatting it up, applying suntan oil, eating, smoking, etc., thereby blocking the exact 16 locke.rs that the automated kiosk is assigning next (including yours).

Automated locke.r kiosks that assign consecutive locke.r rentals to locke.rs directly next to each other, thereby developing unnecessary congestion in said area.

OMG! This is the first time I have ever seen locke.r not be changed to locker...

#MindBlown

(Also, I see what you did there. . . You're clever!)

A guy once kicked me out of the second seat of Lightning Racer so he could ride alone in the row with his two daughters in the other row of the car.

That's totally reasonable on his part. Maybe the guy wanted to get a good onride photo of him and his kids and didn't want a stranger in the picture. Single riders should always ask first before sitting. It's the appropriate thing to do.

A guy once kicked me out of the second seat of Lightning Racer so he could ride alone in the row with his two daughters in the other row of the car.

What an a-hole. Parents can be even worse than children sometimes.

I think that "Are you riding alone? Would you like to skip ahead of me so I can ride alone with my kids?" is the correct approach, not, "Come on, dude, are you serious?"

Well, if the guy was a d**k about it, that sucks, but that's a separate issue.

I was queueing for the front row of Kingda Ka a couple years ago in a group of three. We timed getting two adjacent rows to ride on the same train but a 30-something lady by herself completely refused to ride with my buddy, so we had to wait another train (with Zumnajaro is 4 minutes) and waste three sports on the train.

Pretty ridiculous and frustrating as it happened but it's important not to let those kinds of things get to you.

When it is completely obvious that all loose items need to be put in storage bins, as it is announced ad nauseum on the loud speaker, and yet somebody insists on arguing with the ride operator after sitting down in the car that they should be allowed to hold their personal item...I saw this lady do that on Twisted Colossus the other day...for two stinking minutes...and of course needed to get out of the car, and store her item.

Needless to say, this ruined the chance at a duel.

#itsallaboutme

I don't think anyone should have the right to demand to have an empty seat next to them. If there is a line it's all about filling up those trains.

I don't know about other states but in PA there's a rider safety act that makes it against the law to ignore the instructions of a ride op. So if the grouper says "You two need to ride together." guess what's going to happen.

It's rare that Dorney would enforce such things though, considering there's 1 day a year where the crowds are heavy enough to warrant a "no empty seats" policy.

I don't think anyone should have the right to demand to have an empty seat next to them. If there is a line it's all about filling up those trains.

I don't know about other states but in PA there's a rider safety act that makes it against the law to ignore the instructions of a ride op. So if the grouper says "You two need to ride together." guess what's going to happen.

It's rare that Dorney would enforce such things though, considering there's 1 day a year where the crowds are heavy enough to warrant a "no empty seats" policy.

Yeah If Dorney has a no empty seats policy they'd never dispatch another train between now and the end of time.

That's totally reasonable on his part. Maybe the guy wanted to get a good onride photo of him and his kids and didn't want a stranger in the picture. Single riders should always ask first before sitting. It's the appropriate thing to do.

Agreed

I'll add a list of things that affect my enjoyment of dark rides/heavily themed attractions:

- people who talk and make loud noises on my boat/conveyance on a themed ride (hey, I don't live here and get to go on this ride 1000 times a year; I want to actually HEAR the spiel)

- simple themed elements that don't work (no reason for sound or lighting to not work. We're not exactly talking about a Yeti level of upkeep. It's just lazy)

- parks that take out themed elements and replace them with nothing (long concrete tunnel on American Plunge at SDC, anyone?)

- no attempt by the ride designers to at least semi-obscure Exit signs on dark rides. I know they are essential and all, but at least don't put them right behind the focal point of the scene. If there is an emergency, pretty much all rides have lights and staff that will lead patrons to the exits anyway. Why the ubiquitous Exit signs? Someone may be able to enlighten me here.

- well-themed water rides that get you DRENCHED. OK, on some level I have no problem with it. But is the ride about story and theming, or is it about getting drenched? If the theming is that good, the drenching element shouldn't be so important. This is especially referring to log flumes and water coasters. Splash Mountain and Timber Lountain Log Ride have it right. Dudley at IOA and Journey to Atlantis at SWO do not.

There are just my opinions. I'm sure not everyone will agree...

Well I went on a ride at Disney World (it was Maelstrom or Hollywood or something tame) and he never looked up from his phone... that stuff really pisses me off badly, so much I want to take their phone and throw it and then remind them how they spent their life savings for this trip and basically burned some of it by doing that

Millennials.

You DO realize by definition you are a millennial, correct?

Technically millennials were born between 1980-2000.

Maybe he's a self-hating millennial.

Hell, I'm a millennial, and I pretty much hate them, too.

Other stuff aside from the biggest one that I mentioned way back (incessant screamers):

-People who are too glued to their phones to notice that the line has moved and then shoot you the worst "go **** your mother" looks imaginable when you politely remind them that they're holding up the line. There is more to life than posting stupid memes on Instagram or creeping on teenage girls on Snapchat, goddammit.

-Groups who abuse single-rider lines, especially if they get abusive when the attendants call them out on it. This is how single-rider lines get taken away, dickheads.

-People who leave unholy messes in restrooms. Dogma was a fictional work and there's really no need to try and recreate the Golgothan and you people are just disgusting in general.

-People blaring terrible music on their phones in line. Yeah, I'm just as sick of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry playing in the background as you probably are, but trying to drown them out with Chief Keef or Five Finger Death Punch only makes it worse.

-PDAs. Absolutely no one asked to watch you and your trashy girlfriend simulate mutual facial cannibalism while you shove your hands down each others' pants. Seriously, DON'T.

Guests that take out their phones on the rides. Yesterday morning while I was working at Wild Thing, we had to stop the train on the lift five times in less than an hour for people taking out cell phones. Is it really that hard to go without your phone for a few minutes?

Man, Everybody in here seems to be complaining about the guests, what annoys me at parks is when the weather doesn't cooperate. Going to a park and having the weather be stupidly hot or humid can really bring down a good day.

Another thing is just poor design choices by the park. I really disliked the whole setup for Volcano at Kings Dominion. The whole queue through the 'cavern' and then the wooden shed like building was absolutely awful. It was hot, stuffy, and there was absolutely nothing in there. I don't mind waiting in line when you can watch the ride or something, but it was just empty space with absolutely nothing inside. Also, the loading platform was also pretty bad, although it might have been changed?