TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Annoying stuff that happens in theme parks- The List

Getting stuck in line next to a group of people that won't shut up and feel the need to be as loud as possible.

Today, we got stuck next to a group of six 10-12 year olds in line for Justice League, and once we got into the indoor queue, their screaming echoed around the entire building. It was pure torture.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Basketballs

2. People who ask dumb questions (Is the ride broke? *coaster stuck on lift*)

3. Slow ops who talk more than check restraints

4. People with rumors (I heard someone died on top of this)

5. Know it alls

6. Screaming Kids

7. Games people who harass you

8. One train ops when lines are 45+ minutes (Looking at you Darien Lake)

9. Ops who spend 10 minutes trying to staple someone who clearly doesn’t fit

10. When maintenance takes longer to get to a ride than to fix it

11. People afraid to enter the station so they hold up the line

12. People who don’t know where to sit

13. People who take too long to put aside loose articles

14. When employees stop you to take your picture

15. When parks won’t let you in until the exact minute it opens

16. People who talk about how much better another park is at your home park

Rant over. But here are the main one of mine from skimming through the thread.

-Assigned seating on coasters. I get that there are reasons for it, but it's still annoying that after waiting in line for an hour, you're told to sit in row 5.

Yes. I would rather wait 1 your for the back seat than 30 for the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

When idiots pull their phones out on the lift hill of a coaster, then the ride op has to stop the train and tell them to put it away. I saw this happen on at least three rides at Kings Dominion a few weeks ago.

When the kid in line in back of you spends an entire hour trying to convert you to creationism.

Then again, this was on Texas Giant, so this fit the "Texas" theme very well. (Also, I actually did have some fun giving counter arguments)

Could you explain to me why this one is annoying? You do realize that this doesn't hold up the line, right? You are just waiting in the queue area instead of in the station where you are surrounded by people bumping into you and those stations tend to get pretty hot and humid with hundreds of sweaty people standing around. I am one of those people that will wait to go into the station until several rows have a 2-3 train wait. I just find it way more comfortable standing out in the queue area where you can get fresh air versus being crammed in the cattle barn known as the station. Plus waiting to enter the station and letting it clear out a little makes it much easier to get your group on the same train.

Selfie sticks. I had my first encounter with one on a ride at SFFT yesterday. I saw some guy come out of Iron Rattler's tunnel with one fully extended.

Also, people who whine about a ride being down for 10 minutes. It's actually really cool to watch a piece of track, with a train on it, catwalks and all, move over so they can put a train out of use for a day.

Could you explain to me why this one is annoying? You do realize that this doesn't hold up the line, right? You are just waiting in the queue area instead of in the station where you are surrounded by people bumping into you and those stations tend to get pretty hot and humid with hundreds of sweaty people standing around. I am one of those people that will wait to go into the station until several rows have a 2-3 train wait. I just find it way more comfortable standing out in the queue area where you can get fresh air versus being crammed in the cattle barn known as the station. Plus waiting to enter the station and letting it clear out a little makes it much easier to get your group on the same train.

I'm right there with you for most coasters, but there are a few exceptions. Powder Keg's station, for example, is advantageous to be crowded, because then the longest lines are for the back rows and you can just push past everyone to the inevitable short wait for the front.

I'm right there with you for most coasters, but there are a few exceptions. Powder Keg's station, for example, is advantageous to be crowded, because then the longest lines are for the back rows and you can just push past everyone to the inevitable short wait for the front.

Actually they have been limiting the amount of people allowed into the loading station this season by cutting off the line at the stairs that cross over the track (the "DUDS" staircase cutoff) and this has really helped with the overcrowding issues in PowderKeg's station. I think ThuNderaTion's is worse as everyone comes up the stairs and just automatically gets in line for the front and then the back rows have no one.

* Gum! Anywhere someone has left gum, from the rides to the ground, to just about anywhere.

* People past diaper age who have forgotten the ettiquette of using a toilet. I get it, girl, we hover to avoid getting the bubonic ars plague. This isn't only theme parks, but any public place. If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe that seaty. No one else wants to sit in your pee. Those toilet seat protectors don't absorb up enough of the urine.

* Spitters (on or off a ride). It's just gross. So far it seems my list of annoyances is based on peoples bad habits.

* People who I don't know getting closer to me than I am comfortable with. I like a little space.

* Smoking. It's gross. I wish nicotine would be outlawed.

Speaking of bad habits... Reading this thread, there is something I've read, that to be honest with you all, I have done without thinking, but now, will make an effort to never do it again - stepping on a seat when getting in or out of a car. I feel like a jerk having thoughtlessly done so, but now that it's brought to my attention, I will no more. Sorry

* Overpriced food. I've taken to eating a huge protein based breakfast since my appetite frequently fails when I see the food prices. Yes, souveniers and other goodies are costly too, but those keepsakes are forever. The food lasts a few hours, then the body gets rid of it.

* Paying to park. Bleh!! Exactly, $10+ for a teenager to sit in a booth while the car does nothing all day.

* Rides that only offer pay lockers for loose items. When I was at Thorpe Park a couple of years ago, I was very impressed with their system. At the end of the queue before loading, there was a locker type area. You could hand your bag or loose stuff over, and they'd give you a card for whatever cubby they put your stuff in. After the ride, you'd give them the card, they'd retrieve your items. It was efficient.

* Non-people items that annoy me - mayflies. The mayflies were so bad at Cedar Point last month that I was actually making sure I did NOT ride in the front car, else be covered in the icky things! Seagulls are another thing I don't like. They defecate on everything and in general are just nasty birds.

Speaking of bad habits... Reading this thread, there is something I've read, that to be honest with you all, I have done without thinking, but now, will make an effort to never do it again - stepping on a seat when getting in or out of a car. I feel like a jerk having thoughtlessly done so, but now that it's brought to my attention, I will no more. Sorry

Oh no! I am guilty of this a swell, never realized what bad etiquette it is. I do it all the time, mow that I think about it, on woodies exclusively because of the low boarding/deboarding. It's just so much easier to get to the far seat or climb out. I will pay more attention!

Actually they have been limiting the amount of people allowed into the loading station this season by cutting off the line at the stairs that cross over the track (the "DUDS" staircase cutoff) and this has really helped with the overcrowding issues in PowderKeg's station. I think ThuNderaTion's is worse as everyone comes up the stairs and just automatically gets in line for the front and then the back rows have no one.

Nice, good to know. I haven't been on it since the spring. Every time we've been, it's been a least a little rainy, and Powder Keg has been down. The only way that station works properly is with a grouper.

Actually they have been limiting the amount of people allowed into the loading station this season by cutting off the line at the stairs that cross over the track (the "DUDS" staircase cutoff) and this has really helped with the overcrowding issues in PowderKeg's station. I think Thunderation's is worse as everyone comes up the stairs and just automatically gets in line for the front and then the back rows have no one.

Nice, good to know. I haven't been on it since the spring. Every time we've been, it's been a least a little rainy, and Powder Keg has been down. The only way that station works properly is with a grouper.

Sometimes crowded stations are a really nice. Like on Dragster, if you go in the back station theirs never a line for the back row and the front line is always longer than in the front station.