TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Annoying stuff that happens in theme parks- The List

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(May have been said...)

Queue line on the smiler....Just where the shop is... annoys me how there is a gap in the barrier, so when people wish to go to the shop, about 30 people jump right innn front of them, rather than waiting 30 seconds and still being pretty much in the same position in the queue!!

The thing I was annoyed at the last time I was at a theme park was a dad calling his 10 year old son a ***** for not wanting to ride a fairly large roller coaster. It actually made me mad as hell.

I cannot think of a five letter swear. Unless I missed the point and called him: CHILD?

The thing I was annoyed at the last time I was at a theme park was a dad calling his 10 year old son a ***** for not wanting to ride a fairly large roller coaster. It actually made me mad as hell.

I cannot think of a five letter swear. Unless I missed the point and called him: CHILD?

Think: Female Dog

Did this happen at Kings Dominon? I said something very similar earlier...A "dad" called his own son a pussy for having second thoughts about Dominator ...Could we have witnessed the same exact thing?

Did this happen at Kings Dominon? I said something very similar earlier...A "dad" called his own son a pussy for having second thoughts about Dominator ...Could we have witnessed the same exact thing?

No it was Worlds of Fun, my girlfriend almost said something to the dad, but she left it alone because it would have ended up being a big deal.

Whenever there is a line of small children waiting to get their height checked for a ride, they always stand directly in front of the entrance to the queue line. This literally happens all the time, and it gets quite annoying. This problem could be solved if parks placed the height measuring area a few feet farther away from the queue entrance.

• 2 weeks later...
Whenever there is a line of small children waiting to get their height checked for a ride, they always stand directly in front of the entrance to the queue line. This literally happens all the time, and it gets quite annoying. This problem could be solved if parks placed the height measuring area a few feet farther away from the queue entrance.

Yes!!! This happened so many times when I was at Cedar Point, it's like MOVE!

Teenaged girls who scream incessantly from the minute that the train hits the lift. JESUS CHRIST, SHUT THE **** UP. Hell, I'm normally pretty non-confrontational, but scream in my ear for ten seconds straight and I will yell at you to shut up in the loudest, rudest, most profanity-filled manner that I can muster at that moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People who spit on the lift/station track for any "flying" coaster. Yay, you're mouth has saliva! Good for you that you know how to work that!!! Body fluids are neat stuff....glad you are getting to showcase your talent!

• 4 weeks later...

Something I've seen both as a guest and a ride op that drives me nuts is when people either EXCESSIVELY over-exaggerate, or outright lie about ride shutdowns.

"Oh man, we got stuck IN A LOOP UPSIDE DOWN FOR 3 HOURS EARLIER!!!!" ...no you didn't.

"Oh man, we were stuck at the top of the lift for 6 HOURS" ...no you weren't.

"Oh man, my harness flew up MID RIDE and I had hold on for dear life! ...and you survived to tell the tale? Crazy!

"Oh man, I rode the Bat at Kings Island back in the 80s and the one right in front of me FLEW OFF THE TRACK AND INTO A TREE!!" ...and that didn't make the news?

"Oh man, I was riding a drop tower at and a girl's hair got caught in it and it ripped her head clean off!" (Seriously, is there a park in the world without this urban legend?)

"Oh man, the last time I was here two trains crashed into each other and like 20 people died!"

The saddest part is, you would think it's young children exclusively saying these kinds of things, but I've seen a shameful number of adults make such claims. One time as an Op when we had to do a walkdown, someone tried to convince me they had been stuck there for 2 hours, as if I somehow wouldn't know exactly how long it had been... having been there the whole time... for all 20 minutes of the shutdown...

One time as an Op when we had to do a walkdown, someone tried to convince me they had been stuck there for 2 hours, as if I somehow wouldn't know exactly how long it had been... having been there the whole time... for all 20 minutes of the shutdown...