TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Annoying stuff that happens in theme parks- The List

I hate it SOOOO much when there is no single rider line. I'm constantly the only one in my family riding many roller coasters at parks, so when there isn't a separate line for me, it drives me insane!

Also those people that take your photo when you get in the park annoy me. This is the 21st century. People can easily take out their cell phone and take a selfie if they want their photo taken of them at the front.

But the park doesn't get any money from Selfies

Just bust out your camera and start taking pictures of them.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) peoples cutting in line

2) lack of efficiency and slow employees

3) lack of efficiency and slow employees

4) lack of efficiency and slow employees

My home park La Ronde is currently hloding a guiness world record for slowest operations I think... Every coaster runs one train except Goliath and every employee does his best to take his time and beeing slow at doing his job!

I'll go along with this, and throw in groups of people who mill about like goats in front of a ride entrance while 1) waiting for one of their party to show up or 2) deciding whether they want to ride.

Yeah Skyrush at Hershey always seemed to have a cluster of people just standing around the entrance when I went last year, forcing you to shove by them. Super annoying.

I've had some of the best ride op experiences at Hershey, along with some of the worst. That same visit the Skyrush op who was sitting in front of the mic was twisting the metal neck of the mic around and around, making a loud horrible scratching sound through the speakers. All the guests were giving him dirty looks and he just smirked back at them. If I was his supervisor I think I would've broken his wrists.

I hate it SOOOO much when there is no single rider line. I'm constantly the only one in my family riding many roller coasters at parks, so when there isn't a separate line for me, it drives me insane!

Also those people that take your photo when you get in the park annoy me. This is the 21st century. People can easily take out their cell phone and take a selfie if they want their photo taken of them at the front.

But the park doesn't get any money from Selfies

Just bust out your camera and start taking pictures of them.

Yes! Twist ending! I'll ask if I can take their picture and see if they'll buy it! They'll be so confused! I'm SO doing that this year...

2) lack of efficiency and slow employees

3) lack of efficiency and slow employees

4) lack of efficiency and slow employees

You're very right. It is EXTREMELY annoying when they are inefficient. When I went to Hershey last summer it all went well until I decided to take the last ride of the day on Skyrush (it was around 9 p.m.), I also wanted to have a go on the front seat but the line was just stopped in the stairs that lead to the station with no more than 20 people ahead of me for over 20 minutes, and when I say stopped I mean it: it didn't move a foot!! I eventually gave up the front seat but still waited an awful lot of time given the size of the queue.

• 1 month later...

I hate it when the weather shuts rides down. I hate waiting in an hour-long line, about to be boarding the ride, and then having it shut down because of a light drizzle. If it's a thunderstorm, I'd understand, but seriously, a light drizzle won't hurt anyone.

I agree that the people that take your picture when you walk in are annoying. When I walk through the gates, I want to get right to the rides, but the picture people just slow that down.

As a whole, I don't mind school groups as much as most seem to, but when I'm walking towards a ride and see a large group of small children getting measured for the height requirement, I have to run to get in line before they do and end up waiting longer. This is annoying because it literally happens all the time.

I cant stand the riders who slow the whole boarding process not knowing how to fasten the restraints or seatbelts or what not.

or the fat guest who doesn't use the test seat to make sure he/she fits

line jumpers

the guests in line behind you who stands right up your ass. as if the hr or 2 line is going to go quicker being so close.

or the people behind you in the line who bitch and moan when you dodnt move up the 10 ft in a hr or 2 line.

dorney parks no reride policy when the park is empty sucks, making you go all the way back through the line. that sucks

the parks who dont clean the trains. six flags great adventure is a biggie on this. there coasters are so dirty. my t shirts always come back with dirt/grease stains

all seasonal parks who dont have the new ride opened for opening day. what were you doing all offseason/winter. totally unacceptable.

I hate when parks don't let you re-ride a coaster when the train comes back to the station and there's nobody waiting for your row. This is especially true when it's the end of the night and the next train will end up being the last train and it's not even close to being full.

At Lake Compounce we were riding Boulder Dash at the end of the night and they let us re-ride once because our row was empty and then they sent that train twice because we were cheering when we got back to the station (this wasn't a coaster group, just regular park guests). That's a great way to end the night at a park and it guarantees that the people on that train will leave happy and will want to come back.

I agree, re-rides! I don't understand why a park will not all the train to be sent full. I am 99% of the time a single rider and it kills me to see the train have empty seats.

Other items include:

1) smoking and acting like "I do what I want" (been stated before on here)

2) people who stand in the middle of a walk path! It kills me every time! I hate playing "dodge'm"

3) I agree with the stepping on the coaster seats. I don't know where you show has been, but I can guess it has been some where gross.

4) people not throwing away trash but decide to kick it and not pick it up! Come on! Let's help make the park clean!

5) guest that complain about every little thing. From height, loose articles, cost of things, and "not what they wanted" are just examples of many.

Finally:

6) people that don't know what they want to order when they had all the time in line to decide (this is everywhere)

-I hate when people abuse the handicap policies.

This. Once, I was in line for X-Flight, and there was only 1 person that had a disability. and the ENTIRE left wing, every single seat was reserved for 15 people and the 1 person with the disability!! I'm fine if it's just one or two rows, but 8 rows!?

Other things that annoy me:

1) Line jumpers

2) People who break the rules

3) I'm next to ride and the ride shuts down

Things like NTaG accident, Shockwave issue and STR accident happen right before a huge coaster tour and the park chain shut down a similar ride just to show they care about riders' safety.

I also think that Six Flags immediately shut down all their rides related to Gerstlauer somehow gave Gerstlauer a bad reputation.

^ It's pretty much Standard Operating Procedure to shut down Similar Rides after such an Incident, especially after a death, and it usually comes in a Safety Bulletin from the Manufacturer.

My List of "Things That Must Go" concerning Guests in Parks are:

Rude People

People Who Can't walk 5 Feet to a Garbage Can

People Who Stop Right in Front of You without Warning in the Middle of the Freaking Midway

People Who Don't Wash Their Hands After Using the Restroom

Annoying stuff:

- People who get off the ride right before you are next to board, yet they still somehow manage to get in your way by pyloning themselves right in front of the storage cubbies.

- On a related topic, people who in a row-of-four-ride go in ahead of you, sit their fat asses down, and when you try to squeeze by them to throw your stuff into the storage cubbies, they try to self-righteously claim "this seat is taken"...no freakin' dogturds you hippopotami!! Is this really your first time on a roller coaster?? Next time I hear someone say that, I'm shoving my hat, sunglasses, and other belongings up their hopelessly tight nether-regions.

- Oh and line jumpers too, but you all knew that

"You're just some high schooler/college student, what do you know"

"You're like 16, you can't tell me what to do"

"Kids, you don't have to listen to him/her."

Just because guests are older than some staff members doesn't mean you can ignore things they say. If they're there the park obviously trusts them to do their job correctly.

Having worked at an amusement park, the biggest for me.

People feeling entitled to do whatever they want, because they paid. (Buying a 30$ ticket on to private property doesn't give you any rights)

"I paid $x[/] of my hard earned money. I should be able to do whatever I want!"

"I pay your salary"

"We came all the way here from Canada!"

"I bought a Gold Season Pass, I should ___"

That doesn't mean you don't have to follow the same rules as everyone else who also paid the same amount to come to the park, and also must follow those pesky safety policies.

"What are you going to do about it?"

I will gladly call security down (and temporarily stop operation if I have to) while we wait. I've done it before, and sadly, I'll probably have to do it again.

A few things that bother me.

- Rude ride ops. I was at Lagoon last summer my wife and I on Rattle Snake Rapids, it has one of those turntable things to get people on and off the ride. The girl working the unload side literally said to my wife "Come on get out." I almost punched her right then and there.

- Speaking of Rattlesnake Rapids (and Rapids rides in general.) If you don't bring your own group, getting stuck in the boat with 2 teenage girls is pretty much the stone cold worst. I'd rather be in the boat with a young family then teenagers anytime.

At least I know the kids will be having a great time.

- Screaming at the top of your lungs for anything. we get it tiny girls you're "scared" and you want the boys you are with to know it. But it gets grating rather quickly.

- People who need to take pictures of everything. I know a lot of people do TR here and I'm probably lumping them into that group even though I'm a hypocrite and I enjoy them. But I've been with people who literally take a picture every 10 steps. It is insufferable to other people in your party if you are taking more than 20 pictures a trip.

- Rude ride ops. I was at Lagoon last summer my wife and I on Rattle Snake Rapids, it has one of those turntable things to get people on and off the ride. The girl working the unload side literally said to my wife "Come on get out." I almost punched her right then and there.

- Speaking of Rattlesnake Rapids (and Rapids rides in general.) If you don't bring your own group, getting stuck in the boat with 2 teenage girls is pretty much the stone cold worst. I'd rather be in the boat with a young family then teenagers anytime.

Sounds like a Work and Travel. lol Also, Rattlesnake Rapids has an hourly capacity of 1,200 persons per hour. That is with every boat filled with 9 Riders and without stopping the turn table. Most times, the ride is lucky to hit 600pph. If you would rather wait in a 90 Minute line in 106 Degrees, be my guest. lol

There always seems to be one stoner telling his crazy stories of how he got stuck upside down on the ride you're waiting for even if it doesn't have any loops. They may also go on to tell their life story including the ACDC concert they went to twenty years ago and what they ate last night.

I could go on all day but another one of my pet peeves is when a person is told that they are too large to ride, an some of them go on to throw a tantrum holding up the line for others

- People who need to take pictures of everything. I know a lot of people do TR here and I'm probably lumping them into that group even though I'm a hypocrite and I enjoy them. But I've been with people who literally take a picture every 10 steps. It is insufferable to other people in your party if you are taking more than 20 pictures a trip.

I usually go take pictures while everyone else is shopping/eating lunch, partly to avoid annoying them, and it means I can leave my camera in a locker.

Speaking of lockers, why do some people bring enough equipment for an overnight trip to each and every single ride? Seriously! As much as Six Flags' "no loose items" policy might rub some people the wrong way, at least it speeds up the load/unload process.

Sounds like a Work and Travel. lol Also, Rattlesnake Rapids has an hourly capacity of 1,200 persons per hour. That is with every boat filled with 9 Riders and without stopping the turn table. Most times, the ride is lucky to hit 600pph. If you would rather wait in a 90 Minute line in 106 Degrees, be my guest. lol

I know it is rapids in general. I should probably just bring my own group of people with me. It's the only ride that I like that doesn't really bode well with small parties of people. :/ and it isn't that big of a deal, but the ride ops lady being rude was inexcusable IMO, you don't need to say "you, up" when you are speaking to adults.

"I paid $x[/] of my hard earned money. I should be able to do whatever I want!"

"I pay your salary"

"We came all the way here from Canada!"

"I bought a Gold Season Pass, I should ___"

I absolutely hate entitled people at amusement parks. I don't care if you came to the park from across the country, or live 15 minutes away from it. Wait in the two hour line like everyone else, or don't ride. I used to think that was only a GP thing, but I believe there are also some entitled enthusiasts out there. Just because you know more about coasters and like them more than the person in line in front of you doesn't make you better than that person.

Edited by VF15