TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild Mouse

Which variant of the Wild Mouse coaster do you like better?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which variant of the Wild Mouse coaster do you like better?

• Standard
    • Spinning

I don't think this has been posted before, as I tried a search beforehand.

Which layout of the Wild Mouse do you think is better? The standard version by Mack with the steep drops, or the Reverchon/Zamperla models which have the cars that start spinning halfway through?

I kind of prefer the spinning ones, but that's me.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it depends on the ride. I love Winjas Force and Fear, easily the most unique coaster I have ever been on. (Same with Euromir, if that counts as a wild mouse.)

But some standard models are also amazing. Matterhorn Blitz is an amazing wild mouse.

But overall, I prefer spinning just because they are also more thrilling.

--James

I like both, however it depends on the manufacturer for the normal mouse ones. I can not stand the standard Mack mice. Slow and overbraked and overall not fun. However Psycho Mouse by Arrow is very fun and has little braking. Spinning mice I went on Primeval Whirl and Rajun Cajun last summer and they were both fun, but a tad painful.

• 1 year later...

Spinning mice automatically win for me. They simply provide more interest. Most are at least average, whereas some wild mice are dreadfully boring and forgettable. Ragin' Cajun is easily my favorite spinner.

My favorite standard mice are the Arrow Mad Mouse model and the classic mice. Tree Top Racers at Adventure City (Miler, built in 1958) and Monster Mouse at Puyallup Fair (Herschell) are adorable, not to mention pretty intense.

Also, Dark Knight is enjoyable both as a wild mouse and as a dark ride. Not exceptional, but certainly fun.

If a Gerstlauer Bobsled counts as a Wild Mouse, then non-spinning. I have never been on this, but I have been really intrigued by it, and really want to ride it because it looks INSANE!

Heiße Fahrt

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=heibefahrt[/coastertube]

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

that's a VERY interesting question, I think. I'm no big fan of either of those, but this is a question I have often asked myself, living in an area where parks are relatively small, hence they cannot afford Intamins or B&M's like they would probably want. So I often wonder if one of my homeparks were to add a smallish coaster, what would it be and what would I or the GP prefer ? The only Mice I loved were the wooden ones at Blackpool and the defunct one at Southport pleasureland. These are out of the question (Knoebels should give a try though). I think a classic mouse can be a good dark ride (if you put interesting effects in the box). A spinning is visually funnier and for this reason shouldn't be enclosed, on the other hand.

^I'm dying to ride a wooden mouse, especially the BPB one, and I'd certainly support their revival.

Have you ridden the Dark Knight coasters? As I mentioned before I think they're pretty good dark ride/coaster combos.

I wouldn't say for sure that spinners should always be outdoors, as I've heard good things about Exterminator at Kennywood. I bet it's pretty disorienting.

^oh, I have never been on this one (never been to Kennywood) I guess you'll know before me since you're doing TRTCP

As for the Dark Knight, indeed, I rode the one at SFGAdv and SFGAM, and that is exactly where my "put something in the box" comment comes from. As fun as the whole experience was fun (pre show, mirror with special FX on your face and so on), I still think something was missing in the coaster part of it. I'm sure something better could have been done, when I see what Bobbejaanland once did with their ®Evolution coaster. I know it was no wild mouse but I'm quite sure those FX could be included with no diffiulty

^Actually in a way I wish Dark Knight was more than just a mouse-in-a-box. Yes, the turns make it an intuitive format for a dark ride, allowing good views of the effects. And yes, the compact layout is of course well-suited to a box. But it would've been more satisfying if it had been longer.

One of my home parks (Bobbejaanland) used to have a double mouse. They got rid of one side (which went to Parque Attracciones in Madrid if i'm not mistaken) It seems next year, they are getting a spinning model. So they'll have both. Do you consider this redundant ? (none will be enclosed). And I'd be curious to know if other parks with both types notice a bigger ridership on one or the other...